[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Marcus Borg, 1942-2015

Marcus Borg, 1942-2015

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Marcus Borg, 1942-2015

Postby Haruo » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:41 pm

(Washington Post story)
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Re: Marcus Borg, 1942-2015

Postby KeithE » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:17 pm

This is sad. After hearing all my life how bad he was theologically speaking, the last few years he has been a favorite author of mine and a church book group my wife and I are in. Especially liked and . I'm still slogging thru which is his take for a chronological reading of the NT- not yet convinced that a chronological reading adds much.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Timsings » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:39 am

I had heard of Marcus Borg, but I had never read anything by him. Recently I came across some of his books on Amazon, and decided to order a couple. I received one on Thursday just before I read of his death. Reading it will take on a broader meaning than normal.

Tim Reynolds
Nashville, Tennessee
"So it is with every craftsman. . . . They maintain the fabric of this world, and the practice of their craft is their prayer." (Sirach 38.27, 34)

"I'm living with war everyday." (Neil Young) 12 years later, and still true.
Timsings

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:07 pm

I have read a couple of Borg's books. He is challenging to read, but he forced us to look beyond the answers that we regularly give. He did not demand agreement, but he always deserved consideration.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Century on Borg

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:54 pm

"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Borg and Kate Campbell

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:57 pm

Had something of a mutual admiration society the last ten years. Amazaing for the daughter of a CR president Jim Henry, though not one endorsed by Pressler and his right-wing cabal. I hope Kate will speak publicly about it soon.

In September of 2005 they did an event together in Portland, Episcopalians for spiritual growth
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Borg and Kate Campbell

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:56 am

Last edited by Ed Pettibone on Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ed Pettibone

Postby Sandy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:44 am

Sandy

Re: Century on Borg

Postby Haruo » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:46 am

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum