[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Andraé Crouch, 1942-2015

Andraé Crouch, 1942-2015

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Andraé Crouch, 1942-2015

Postby Haruo » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:19 am

Hymnary.org didn't have a bio on him, so , drawing mostly on his .
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Re: Andraé Crouch, 1942-2015

Postby KeithE » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:52 pm

Thanks Haruo, I remember him but I don’t recall going to any of his concerts.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:08 pm

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:15 am

My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:22 am

His impact cut across the genre's of sacred music.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:15 am

One Andre Crouch piece:
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:47 am

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:01 pm

One thing I'm interested in knowing a bit more about is his love life. I think the lack of a First Lady with a COGIC senior pastor is rather unusual, and the fact that none of the sources I've seen mention any significant others of his own generation except his twin sister is highly unusual. Was he a cryptocatholic saint, so much in love with God that celibacy came naturally to him? Or what? I'll probably never find out, but it piques my curiosity.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:10 pm

I've only used Crouch's music. I really never knew anything about his personal life.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Shawn Koester » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:47 am

It broke my heart to hear the news of brother Andrae's passing. I saw his homegoing service online via youtube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw2k-XTAq3A
I have always been a fan of his music. A fellow seminarian and I co led a tribute to Andrae at Disciples Seminary Foundation where we sung many of his best known works from Soon and Very Soon to the Blood Will Never Lose Its Power. It was a strong glory attack.
Shawn Koester

Postby Neil Heath » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:25 am

I once heard "Through It All" sung at a wedding, probably the most unusual song I've ever heard a couple choose.
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby Lou » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:32 pm

Lou

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum