[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - 6 Things I Wish Christians Would Admit About the Bible

6 Things I Wish Christians Would Admit About the Bible

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Re: 6 Things I Wish Christians Would Admit About the Bible

Postby Tim Bonney » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:12 am

I think you are right as to the origin of most of those kinds of churches. And really what other label could they put on the church? Those churches do generally still immerse as their only mode of baptism. And they are congregational in government. So I guess it is as good a designation as any.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:16 am

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Kai Steppan » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:21 pm

These "5 Things about the Bible" are great in my opinion, they are matching widely with my believes.

In my opinion Jesus himself, as we know him from the bible and experience him in our prayers, taught us not to simply believe in the written word.

He (and btw. Martin Luther) taught, that we should hold the law (at his time the Thora, what Christians today call "Old Testament") in honor and see the law as a guide, how god would like us to live.
For a certain order is necessary in the world.

But one should not believe blindly in the written words. In my opinion one should open himself for god and the holy spirit to find the real, inner truths behind the surface of the written words.

I`m not certain at the moment, in which verse he did, but Jesus for example is teaching in the Bible to be "better" than for example the pharisees, which only followed the law as written.

To LIVE and EXPERIENCE the christan faith is from my point of view more important than just trying to do exactly what is written.

Of course don`t get me wrong, the Bible is a great and wonderful book which holds many truths but it has to be examined and understood correctly.

I hope it was possible to understand what i tried to write despite my lack of practice in written english :)
Kai Steppan

Postby KeithE » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:41 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

lATEST on Molly Worthen for Thornton et. al

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:58 pm

"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Previous

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum