[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Excellent Article

Excellent Article

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Excellent Article

Postby KeithE » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:33 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: Excellent Article

Postby Tim Bonney » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:56 pm

A good article.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:20 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:10 am

I knew Todd in seminary. He is spot on with this. The world ignores us because there is so little of Jesus in us that we don't require any attention. Liberal Protestantism is counted in the pocket of the Democratic Party and Conservative Evangelicals are counted in the pocket of the GOP. Rather than being a convicting force in our culture, we have adopted a consumerist mentality to suit the times. Wilson is directly on target.

As I do interim work these days and go into churches for a brief time, what I am seeing is bleakly discouraging in most of them. I am also in a Peer Learning Group that is currently discussing the book, Almost Christian, which looks at the faith of young people in light of the fact that so much of it is ineffectual. What the author concludes is that we have in young people a reproduction of the lack of true Christianity at the adult level. Unless there is a major turnaround for many churches, they will not be here in another twenty years or less.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:40 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby KeithE » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:26 pm

To each his own opinion, Ed.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby ET » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:41 pm

Nothing in this article stands out from any of a host of others. Nothing insightful, just recycled. Basically, it has the same old implication that if you don't agree with leftist ideology on these matters, you aren't in sync with Jesus.

A couple of minor tidbits with which I could agree, but it's lost in a sea of leftist political rhetorical slop.
I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Postby Mrs Haruo » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:06 am

Could I please have another bowl of "leftist rhetorical political slop" please? And one for Haruo for when he gets home from work? :D
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:51 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:01 am

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:05 pm

Last edited by Sandy on Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sandy

Postby Sandy » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:08 pm

Sandy

Postby David Flick » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:02 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:51 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:34 am

KeithE: "Conservatives are not stupid, but if they are not caring for and if able materially helping the poor, they are morally deficient."

Ed: Keith you problem is that 1st if , it is applicable across the entire spectrum. Many Liberals seem to believe that no one is caring except your selves. Thursday there will be hundreds of people lined up in the massive underground hall of the Empire State Plaza in Albany waiting to pick up Thousands of Thanksgiving dinners to be delivered to the poor in Albany, Schenectady, Renseler, and Saratoga counties, there will be Conservatives, Moderates, and Liberals, even Fundamentalist and Nones. The same is true for the thousands who contribute to the purchase of the food and the 200+ volunteer cooks and their helpers.
Ed Pettibone

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:31 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:59 pm

Last edited by KeithE on Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Neil Heath » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:15 pm

Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:43 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:23 pm

My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Neil Heath » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:46 pm

I heard the GBC meeting went well this year. I'm glad you got to come, William. Ingleside Baptist is a good facility for such a meeting. I live on that side of town, so I stayed away from restaurants in north Macon for those few days, since I figured the attendees would use many of them.

I'm sorry your schedule was full this time. We'll have to look for another chance. I always enjoy time with BL friends.
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:59 pm

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:33 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:47 am

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:37 am

David, according to Fox, Molly Worthen says that all these guys, their wives, their dogs, and even their finiky cats were heavily involved not just in Republican politics but also were Birchers, Masons, Illuminati, Castrati and even SEC football fans.

You got to get with the program here.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Next

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum