[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Call for the South to Leave the Union

Call for the South to Leave the Union

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Call for the South to Leave the Union

Postby Tim Bonney » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:59 am

So much for Conservative patriotism.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/10/auth ... 4.facebook
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Re: Call for the South to Leave the Union

Postby Mrs Haruo » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:26 pm

Note to self: add rabies vaccine to my shopping list. Somebody is foaming at the mouth and dragging their knuckles. :lol:
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Postby Tim Bonney » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:29 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:37 pm

Bigotry certainly can make it into high places. What I have trouble with is the assumption that there's been a "decline" in "values" and then the association of those "values" with pre-1970 American WASP culture. It almost sounds like these people long for the days when the rich got richer at the expense of the working class and working poor (has that changed?) when blacks and hispanics "knew their place" and were kept away from the same opportunities as whites. Gosh, do they see the lack of separate public restrooms for whites as a collapse of morality? "Those who are ignorant of their history are doomed to repeat it," and this guy is as ignorant as they come.

Personally, I wouldn't mind letting South Carolina and Florida go. Letting South Carolina secede would certainly raise the intelligence level of the country considerably, without an appreciable loss of business or industry, either, and Florida is a stateside imitation of a banana republic, complete with election results dictated by government officials. I'm not sure whether Disneyworld would survive, given its welcome week for the GLBT community, but the California version is better, anyway, not as humid or as far to walk. Georgia may be salvageable, at some point. Stephen should appreciate the departure of South Carolina, since FBC Spartanburg and Bob Jones University would both be outside the country. :wink:
Sandy

Postby Tim Bonney » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:46 pm

Hey, can I send some folks from Iowa like Joanie Ernst to the south when the split happens? :wink:

She advocated to the NRA in 2012 keeping your guns so you can defend yourself against the US government and now she is running for the US Senate here in Iowa. The race is close and those of us who think that she does a good Sarah Palin or Michelle Bachmann imitation are worried.
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:58 pm

Sandy

Postby ET » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:02 am

Does that mean if we gave 'er another go, you Yankees would let us peaceably go our way this time? :D Or would you wage war upon us and slaughter the equivalent of 7,000,000 Americans like the last time? "No blood for oil", right? There's a lotta oil in Texas, although the dude doesn't seem to be too enthralled with taking Texas along for the ride.

Lotta automotive plants down in the South, too. We've got Honda, BMW, Toyota, Nissan and Mercedes scattered around here. Even VW! You've got "Detroit" (well, what's left of it) -- GM, Ford and Fiat. I like our odds.

Hmmm...now that I think about it, we might be able to pull it off. Since so many of the good folks up there are anti-gun, most Yankess probably don't possess the skills to wage a war like Mr. Lincoln did the last time. We've got Beretta moving in, Remington ammo plant over in Arkansas....give us a few more years and a few more rounds of Yankee gun regulations and maybe we'll have the whole of the American gun manufacturing capability south of the Mason-Dixon line......then how would they stop us? Throw rocks?

We even got FedEx and UPS down here. They could smuggle anything we need from up there to down here.

I may have to give this some thought. :lol:
I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Postby KeithE » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:02 pm

I’d be for it. Just like I’m for CBF succession.

Consider it an experiment that the North/Midwest/West would surely win economically and morally.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:11 pm

ET, you are forgetting that most of the nuclear missile silos are in the Midwest. :lol: :wink:
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Mrs Haruo » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:41 pm

After last night's wind storm, I have lots of fir cones for my sling shot. :D We Esperantists are actually a pretty peaceable sort.
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Postby James » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:24 pm

The man mentions the Golden Rule. But he probably means it only for white evangelical heterosexual males. I believe it applies to all of us.
James North
CBF, Virginia
Born again by God's free grace
James

Postby ET » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:52 pm

ET

Postby Tim Bonney » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:03 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby ET » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:47 am

Seems to be a lot of it going around:

Talk in Texas, a run at it in California. Hey, it would be an interesting process to watch. I might vote for it just for the fun of it! :lol:

I mean, hey, if the Scots can have a vote on it, why not here? As Jefferson said, a little revolution every now and then is a good thing. :thumb:
ET

Postby Sandy » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:02 am

Sandy

Postby ET » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:51 am

Oh my, Sandy, you're taking this FAR too seriously. :lol:
ET

Postby Sandy » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:57 pm

Sandy

Postby Chris » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:44 pm

They want to call their new land "Reagan"? Traditional values....Christian? You've got to be kidding.
Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Postby Tim Bonney » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:28 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Here is the South's problem

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:15 pm

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc ... sm/383982/

Though the story is set in Cleveland. A lot of it is WA Criswell's fault though he was in with his Homeboys in his time so all of it can't be blamed on him. I know what I'm talking about based on my past two weeks reading of Wuthnow's Rough Country, a primer for anybody who is serious about this sentiment. That and Joe Crespino's Strom Thurmond's America, and in case anybody hasn't been notified who sees this, Thomas Powers in the Oct 9 nybooks.com on Texas Baptists
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum