[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Question About Lordship Salvation

Question About Lordship Salvation

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Question About Lordship Salvation

Postby Jason Wolfe » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:48 pm

Hello, I have a question about Lordship Salvation. gotquestions.org says, "Lordship Salvation emphasizes that submitting to Christ as Lord over your life goes hand-in-hand with trusting Christ to be saved. It also focuses on a changed life as the result of salvation. Those who believe in Lordship Salvation would have serious doubts about a person who claims to believe in Christ but does not have good works evident in his life." http://www.gotquestions.org/lordship-salvation.html

So, my question for those who believe in Lordship Salvation is: do I have to believe that, or can I just do it? In other words, do I have to believe in Lordship Salvation to be saved, or can I just live the way LS says you have to live in order to be saved, to be saved? Does that make sense? You see, I'm puzzled, because Lordship Salvation doesn't seem to emphasize that you have to actually believe in it, it just says you have to do certain things. So, let's say, I just believe you have to believe on Jesus Christ to be saved, and I don't think you have to repent of your sins, or do good works, or anything else to be saved, okay? So, I DON'T believe in Lordship Salvation, BUT let's also say that I happen to stop making a habit of sinning and have a life of good works and I persevere in the faith until I die, okay? So I don't actually believe in LS, but I believe in Jesus Christ for salvation, and I happen to meet the other requirements in so far as how I lived, am I saved according to LS, or not? If not, why not, and do you think that Lordship Salvationists should maybe emphasize that a bit more if it's essential for salvation? I hope my question makes sense. I appreciate whatever input you have. Thank you.
Jason Wolfe

Re: Question About Lordship Salvation

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:33 pm

Jason, I can't help you on this one. Never heard that term used before.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:37 pm

Ed: First off Jason, in 60 years of being a christian this is the first time I have heard the term Lordship salvation, and don't know that I know any thing about whatever group that operates that web site. Secondly, they are responsible to God, not to me. Thirdly, I do believe the Bible instructs us to "repent" & "be saved", In that order. And I believe that when one repents and is saved the Holy Spirit will inspire them to good works and righteous living.
Ed Pettibone

Postby KeithE » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:19 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:43 pm

Ed: There is a great deal for discussion in the wiki item to which Keith has linked, I hope some one will start a new thread From which that item can be "Cleaned up". To day My hand is giving me enough problem I need to take some pain medication and try to get some sleep. I will put A reminder on my phone to check back in. And Keith thanks for both your explanation thus far and for the link. I really think we at BL.c Could make significant contributions toward a resolution among thinking people of the conflicts described. Other will bicker about it till Jesus comes back and settles it.
Ed Pettibone

Postby Tim Bonney » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:53 am

The above criticism of evangelicalism, particularly if it is strongly Calvinist, has some validity in that if you believe you are one of the "elect" then there isn't much call for Discipleship. It seems odd to me though for MacArther to invent this whole new terminology for what is basically a discussion about discipleship.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:40 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Jason Wolfe » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:34 pm

Jason Wolfe

Postby Jason Wolfe » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:37 pm

Jason Wolfe

Postby Jason Wolfe » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:41 pm

Jason Wolfe