[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Baptists Who Drive Subarus

Baptists Who Drive Subarus

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Baptists Who Drive Subarus

Postby Bruce Gourley » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:18 am

This one is for my friend and fellow Subbie driver, Ed. Suburas are the best! My Outback's AWD is far better than the 4WD of the Suburbans I used to drive.

For your viewing pleasure, a collection of . :)
Bruce Gourley
BaptistLife.Com owner

Bruce Gourley
Site Admin

Re: Baptists Who Drive Subarus

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:36 am

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:35 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Mrs Haruo » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:57 pm

I wasn't a Baptist when I drove my Subaru, but that old 4WD wagon got me safely up steep icy streets in the winter and out of some very muddy construction sites when I was a carpenter's apprentice. Gertrude had well over 200,000 miles and a broken odometer when my brother gave it to me, he had rolled it while officiating at a sports car rally, taken it on several long road trips, let alone hauling kids back and forth to school and Mom to work in the foothills between Seattle and the Cascade Mountains. They are a favorite little work horse out here in Western Washington, where they haul mountain bikes, kayaks and snow ski's for many enthusiastic outdoor enthusiasts.
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:01 pm

Great video! the Morningside neighborhood of Sioux City that I live in is very hilly. The Subaru never has trouble even on the snowiest day. We've driven uphill around empty stuck cars on several occasions where they couldn't get up the hill and their owner walked away.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum