When did i get all this gray hair?

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

When did i get all this gray hair?

Postby Mrs Haruo » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:46 am

:o We have a bright enthusiastic young new pastor. She had to fly back home to do a memorial service for a family member. A friend of hers from seminary who has recently been ordained and is now a chaplain at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance preached in her place yesterday. I looked at our new pianist who is in grad school, and the "coach" for the praise team who is also a seminarian and realized that I have children older than ALL of them. When did this happen? Now I realize why am so stiff when I first get up in the morning. I really and truly achieved one of my goals in life, to be an old lady. :lol:
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Re: When did i get all this gray hair?

Postby Dave Roberts » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:06 am

Those are not gray hairs. They are wisdom highlights.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby James » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:33 am

In my family gray hair is the mark of a good person. Most of us started turning gray in our 40s.
James North
CBF, Virginia
Born again by God's free grace
James

Postby Ed Pettibone » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:37 am

The timing of this thread and the question posed is interesting. Just yesterday I came across a 1985 newspaper item about a proposed layoff in our agency. There is a large picture of yours truly and I have a very dark head of hair but also a grey beard.

I think the gray on my head really got started about the time I met some of you on the old SBCnet around 1988. For some years I described my hair a pepper and salt as Trudy starting in 1993 progressed through a B.A. an M.Div, and a second masters it became more frosty it is now more salt than pepper and I wish it would just go ahead and get white. But at least, 2months short of my 81st birth day, I still have a full head of hair. :wink:
Ed Pettibone

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum