[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - I finally did it

I finally did it

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

I finally did it

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:13 pm

Some time ago I opened a discussion about equipment for doing video of church services and had few comments sone of which almost scared me off.

But yesterday om the way home from our Upstate NYS Board of Missions meeting I stopped at the nearby Target store and purchased a Sony HD CX240 camcorder. I have been doing a lot of online research and I wanted to keep the cost under $500.00. If I had gotten all the bells and whistles I think I would like to have I would have spent $1,400 but by staying with what I think I need, I am setting at $298.49 with the camera, 16 Gig MiniHD card, extra two year warranty, and NY sales Tax. I already had a good tripod.

The supplied instruction book leaves a lot to be desired but with the manufactures on line info in plus U-Tube Demos, I am working through the learning curve. But I did see a remote controlled on today on line for $129.00 no sales tax or shipping cost. However right now that is a luxury I can live W/O.

I took it with me to church this morning and am happy to report I am quite satisfied with it's use under our normal lighting and most of all the sound reproduction, as is, with our rather outdated small set and play sound system. On the camera play back it looks and sounds good. I anticipate some improvement when I put it on a CD
and play it through external speakers. The sound pick up on the CX240 is great. even w/o the built in "shotgun Mic.

If anyone has any tips for doing this sort of project, I would be grateful. What sort of processing suite might you suggest?

Please pray with me as I attempt to create a self styled instruction book/ users guide and work toward getting our services on DVD's.
Ed Pettibone

Re: I finally did it

Postby Mrs Haruo » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:46 pm

I can't help you much from the technical angle, but speaking as one who has mobility challenges and can't fight off winter bugs like I used to, Thank you for thinking of those who are better off staying home warm and safe when the winter gets wild and wooly. :D
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Postby Dave Roberts » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:56 pm

We do Livestream video from the church website (which can be accessed both during and following worship. It is done with 2 cameras. In Hampton, we did video with one camera that they now post through their website. YouTube is a definite possibility. Start a YouTube channel for the church. Hope it proves a great ministry.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:51 pm

Very cool Ed! Right now we life stream our worship in audio only. My sermon is available in video on the church website usually in a day or so after he service. The live stream is part of the radio broadcast of the radio station in town that broadcasts our service. We are live on Sunday morning. Being involved in a live broadcast every week has been a learning experience!
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:13 pm

Ed?
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:15 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby Haruo » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:02 am

I mean, very cool Ed. What Timothy said.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:13 pm

Thanks . :)
Ed Pettibone

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum