[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Worthen Thread locked in SBC Trends. Is there an explanation

Worthen Thread locked in SBC Trends. Is there an explanation

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Worthen Thread locked in SBC Trends. Is there an explanation

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:47 pm

I linked a piece by Worthen on Decline of SBC and discussion was locked. How did that happen?
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Worthen Thread locked in SBC Trends. Is there an explana

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:16 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby William Thornton » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:34 pm

Stephen, no one but you has commented on that since March.

You can talk to yourself on your blog.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

I hear William's point, But

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:35 pm

The post had 3 thousand 9 hundred and twenty four hits and counting. So somebody is reading. I haven't hit it close to 4 thousand times. Easily it's the most read thread on that board in the recent past; and the latest link is key to direction of SBC complete with references to the American Tragedy--see Jerry Vines in History--Jonathan Edwards with whom I join William in continued affection.

Stephen Fox

Re: I hear William's point, But

Postby Tim Bonney » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:19 pm

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:24 pm

How about we declare you page view champ and you find a topic that you are willing to actually engage people in a discussion instead of throwing links at people and running away.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:35 am

I'm sure most of those hits are scans, not reads. Since he mentions authors and book titles, the site probably records hits for searches. I doubt there are very many actual "readers." This is a message board, and the number of responses to posts is probably the measurement of exactly how many readers there are. 10 to 15? That's probably the max.

Could be, too, that this horse can be beaten to death? Worthen doesn't call what happened in the SBC a "takeover," but an inevitable course of events because of where the churches already were. Never uses the term "fundamentalist." Discussion over. Move on. We've already worn out Balmer, Frady, Kate Campbell and FBC Spartanburg, too.
Sandy

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:45 am

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:16 pm

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

See History Thread on Collinsville and Jonathan Edwards

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:38 pm

After you read I'll leave it to your imagination who I had in mind with some remarks.

And yes, I did read the Molly Worthen piece I made reference to and Thornton Locked; and Dbl Yes will respond to Sandy one more time here soon who continues to misunderstand the weight and significance of Molly Worthen's work on the fundamentalist takeover of the SBC.

Stephen Fox

Re: See History Thread on Collinsville and Jonathan Edwards

Postby William Thornton » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:14 pm

William Thornton
Site Admin

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum