[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Hal Eaton's new book

Hal Eaton's new book

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Hal Eaton's new book

Postby Chris » Fri May 30, 2014 12:50 pm

Ole Dad has finnished his long-awaited unofficial autobiography...Moses, the Ten Commandments, and Me. It's available at Amazon.com. Use the dropdown for "books" and type in Hal Eaton. It's less than $15 not including shipping and tax.
Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Re: Hal Eaton's new book

Postby Chris » Fri May 30, 2014 12:52 pm

I got to read a draft several years ago. Those of you who love Ole Dad's comments, here, will like the book.
Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Postby KeithE » Sat May 31, 2014 10:51 pm

I ordered it in Kindle version $3.99. I already recognize the verbiage.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:32 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Hal Eaton » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:10 pm

I have appreciated the comments above on my book. Perhaps to inspire further interest in the effort, please read the following comments . . .
" Moses, the Ten Commandments, and Me" has an appropriate sub-title--"An Unauthorized Biography." It is not a devotional book, seeking to inspire renewed respect for the commandments, but is aimed at several problems with the usual routine of sermonizing on the topic.
One retired Episcopal priest read it and offered, "There are ten sermons in this book." (I thouht there were at least 15 ...)
First, there is an analysis of how the Bible is regarded by the public, and the difficulties of language, translation, and decisions
(or opinions) regarding Biblical inerrancy. There follows a dissection of the usual attitudes regarding revelations from God. Then comes a review of Moses's education prior to his verbalization of God's revelation, together with the fact that he must have been home-schooled in his Jewish faith. Noteworthy is his willingness to assign capital punishment to those who "broke the law;" he probably had
no perception of an after-life with the options of Heaven or Hell; early or untimely death was the penalty for most disobedience. Note, too, that Paul, in Romans I:29-32, perhaps before further knowledge in his new-found faith had ameliorated his theology, suggested death as the punishment for all sorts of ignoble (and/or sinful) conduct.
Each of the Ten Commandments is re-assessed in the light of centuries of debate, probing, application, and (perhaps) denigration and debasement of their intent and design. I worried about these laws for 50 years before attempting to re-word them.
Hey, it's only 104 pages, and can be read in one sitting. Try it; I think you'll like it. If you choose not to use the suggested sermons, it would make a good source for a Bible Study segment.
It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry. -- Thomas Paine
Hal Eaton

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum