[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - NEW BRIDGE

NEW BRIDGE

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

NEW BRIDGE

Postby Haruo » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:41 pm

Robert, where can I find a copy of your new tune, NEW BRIDGE?
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Re: NEW BRIDGE

Postby Rvaughn » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:13 pm

Hi, Leland. As he is one of the dedicatees, I sent a copy to Bob Schinske. I don't mind sending you a copy as well. Was just trying to keep it sort of under wraps until Paul Figura is able to debut it at the Missouri State Sacred Harp Convention.

Here is the text, from a hymn by .

1. Thou didst leave Thy throne and Thy kingly crown,
When Thou camest to earth for me;
But in Bethlehem was there found no room
For Thy holy nativity:
But when thou dost come and dost call for me
There is room in my heart for Thee.

2. Heaven’s arches rang when the angels sang,
To proclaim thou art royalty;
But of lowly birth didst thou come to earth,
Clothed in greatest humility:

3. Thou camest, O Lord, with the living Word
That should set Thy people free;
But with mocking scorn, and with crown of thorns,
They bore Thee to Calvary:

Another line I didn't find at the time I was composing the song is:

The foxes found rest, and the birds had their nest
In the shade of the forest tree;
But Thy couch was the sod, O Thou Son of God,
In the deserts of Galilee:

Mary Huffman helped me alter the hymn slightly to make the text and music fit together better.
Rvaughn

Postby Haruo » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:53 pm

I look forward to seeing, hearing, and singing it sometime after the Missouri Convention. Glad to have a tune for that text.

(When I first read, or rather skimmed, Paul Figura's announcement, I mistakenly thought he was reporting that they had just got *done* giving it its debut, I didn't see that their convention was still a month away. And I do want us to be able to sing it for Bob!

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:53 pm

I look forward to seeing, hearing, and singing it sometime after the Missouri Convention. Glad to have a tune for that text.

(When I first read, or rather skimmed, Paul Figura's announcement, I mistakenly thought he was reporting that they had just got *done* giving it its debut, I didn't see that their convention was still a month away. And I do want us to be able to sing it for Bob!

Haruo
Site Admin

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum