[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Liberty U Gone Berserk

Liberty U Gone Berserk

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Re: Liberty U Gone Berserk

Postby Jon Estes » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:03 am

WOW -

The idiocy of the adjunct at LUO. Y'all can do better than this. Maybe those here without a PhD really have nothing to oofer in the conversation (specific to the subject being discussed).

Who here has a PhD and in what?

It also is being shown the lack of knowledge of the Adjunct program at LUO. It's easy to speak down of others when you know little about what really is required of LUO's adjuncts.

I guess it works since Liberty is an evil school (in the mind of the left) and is out to destroy churches and people and students through their educational system and miinistry placement office.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

signed: LUO Adjunct Jon L. Estes
Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
Jon Estes

Postby KeithE » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:20 am

What do you teach, Aon ?
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Jon Estes » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:02 am

Jon Estes

Postby Dave Roberts » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:05 am

Jon, I am very aware of the plusses and minuses of the adjunct system. My wife worked for over 10 years in the VA Community College System in both administration and as an adjunct. The quality of courses depends on the commitment of the adjunct and the willingness to interact regularly with the students. The reality is that many institutions now load adjuncts with an impossible course load to keep the cost down. For most adjuncts, the amount of money earned is not in proportion to the levels of responsibility. We address LU because of its sheer size in the off-campus education work, but it is not alone. The whole arena is evolving, and I have seen in graduates of institutions for divinity training that did all their work online, a general lack of collaborative skills and people concerns necessary to work in churches. How would you feel if your surgeon was trained online? Your lawyer?
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:48 am

I don't have a Ph.D, but I do have two masters' degrees, and have taught as an adjunct. The schools I've taught for had pretty high standards, in terms of course objectives and expected student outcomes. The level of monitoring and supervision was high, and there wasn't much "wiggle room" when it came to course content. The syllabus and lesson plan outlines for each session had to be complete before the dean approved the course to be offered.

I see online courses as a means of delivering coursework that helps fill in gaps in places where it is more practical, but as far as I'm concerned, the jury is still out on how effective it is when it comes to full degree programs. I've interviewed a few candidates for teaching positions who had online degrees, and while that is anecdotal, there was a clear difference in interview skills, and in content area knowledge and skill. None of the applicants with an online degree made a second interview. Of course, in this area, right now we are blessed with an abundance of experienced teachers in most subject areas, and that means that whenever I have an opening, I also have a pretty steady stream of applicants from some high quality schools, including some excellent Christian colleges and universities. I'm currently supervising a cohort, a little different than teaching as an adjunct. I don't think I'd enjoy teaching an online course.
Sandy

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:38 am

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:43 am

Education in general is undervalued as a calling. Look at what is paid to elementary school teachers first of all.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:56 am

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:16 am

And now that I'm retired and can theoretically afford both the time and the tuition to go back and complete my own long-stalled climb to the PhD, I've decided not to bother. I'm just not that interested in Albanian literature anymore. If I could find a university that would let me earn an interdisciplinary online PhD in Esperanto studies and hymnology, I'd serious consider it. But so far I'm drawing a blank on Google.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:36 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:38 pm

I think Morningside's rule is that an adjunct without a PhD can teach 100 and 200 level courses.

One of the reasons I was teaching Christian Ethics is that the school has a history of wanting to recruit someone with pastoral experience to teach the class believing the practical experience enhances the academic experience.
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:10 pm

Sandy

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:50 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Jon Estes » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:33 am

Jon Estes

Postby Jon Estes » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:37 am

Jon Estes

Postby Jon Estes » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:39 am

Jon Estes

Postby JE Pettibone » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:30 am

https://www.searchencrypt.com/search?eq ... Y4NH25m9J1

Perhaps this will add some what to the discussion of adjuncts.
JE Pettibone

Postby Haruo » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:35 am

That link has already expired, Ed. You need to link to the actual item, not to your search results.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:50 am

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Jon Estes » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:49 pm

Jon Estes

Postby JE Pettibone » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:19 pm

JE Pettibone

Postby Haruo » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:35 pm

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:34 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

One Underlining Principle

Postby James » Wed May 23, 2018 4:12 pm

I just read several recent threads addressing several aspects of the differences between white evangelicalism and everybody else. The thought came to me that the ethics of any branch of Christianity should give due diligence to one principle of ethics which is repeated more times (52) than any other. It usually goes something like this, "and remember to be kind to widows, orphans and the stranger/alien who walks among you." That is social ethics in a nutshell.
James

Previous

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum