[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Another Strong Lady at WHBC + Bruce Gourley

Another Strong Lady at WHBC + Bruce Gourley

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Another Strong Lady at WHBC + Bruce Gourley

Postby KeithE » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:43 pm

Last edited by KeithE on Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: Another Strong Lady at WHBC + Bruce Gourley

Postby William Thornton » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:35 pm

Jones voted with the repubs so he's a cut above the typical dem.

I'd love to hear Bruce and will look at driving over.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:53 pm

Will that be available on video?
Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:54 am

Ah, it's this coming weekend. I'll not be able to make it. Regards to Bruce and all.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:14 pm

Sandy

Postby Haruo » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:28 pm

Paying soldiers and not doctors doesn't strike me as light years ahead of anybody.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:18 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Meigs, DACA and Ainsworth

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:40 pm

Has Meigs boned up on the NPR This American Life two hour radio Documentary on Immigration and is she asking Marshall County Native Will Ainsworth about it.

Do you Keith or her or the highly educated folks at Weathely Heights--Bruce Gourley too for that matter; are yall aware of the splendid conversation yesterday on NPR FResh Air on How Democracies Die.

I hope this woman is not as arrogant as Jimmerson and knows at least as much as I know.

She also should be up to snuff on Hochschild's Strangers in their own Country.

Countin on you Keith to make sure this is not another big to do about nothing.

I may come over for Sunday school and maybe an afternoon conversation with this woman.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

I may be there if I can work out logistics

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:45 pm

Car battery issues and two good basketball games in Collinsville but Bruce Gourley doesn't come to town every day

Maybe Thornton will drive through Friday afternoon and give me a ride over. Thornton and I could light it up.

I hope Bruce has boned up on Charles Marsh recent piece on Guns and the NRA, and Randall Balmer's current piece in Christian Ethics Today on Trump
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Postby William Thornton » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:34 pm

Fox is piqued that he isn't the headliner for this shindig.

Sorry, can't make it. Regards to all.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Re: Meigs, DACA and Ainsworth

Postby KeithE » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:54 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:29 pm

Sandy

Postby Bruce Gourley » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:30 am

I am enjoying a weekend in Huntsville with the good folks at Weatherly Heights Baptist Church, and lodging with Keith and Ann, who are absolutely wonderful hosts. I've been browsing Keith's well-organized and extensive library, marveling at the greatest collection of clocks that I've ever seen, standing in awe of the family game collection, and enjoying the conversation, laughter and evening game time. (Although they've not yet talked me into playing "Exploding Kittens," a game that my cat -- who has already lost two of his nine lives, having been electrocuted AND run over by a car, and survived both -- would surely not approve of.)

They've even been gracious enough to politely laugh at my lame puns.

And just hanging out Keith and Ann makes me realize how much fun it would be if we could schedule a weekend BL.com retreat.
Bruce Gourley
BaptistLife.Com owner

Bruce Gourley
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:26 am

I'm retiring this week--Tuesday will be my last day at work--which makes it slightly more likely we could attend such an event if it were to be held. Though getting wherever it might be from here wold probably be too much.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Cathy » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:39 am

Haven't even lurked around this site lately. But great to see the meeting posted would love to attend if closer. We enjoyed Bruce's talks at Mountainview Mennonite.

I've been yearning to roam around my childhood haunts in Alex City.

Congratulations on retirement, Haruo. I just read in the NYT that retiring early may be life extending. I'm trying to get to the place where I could bring myself to make that leap.
Cathy

Postby JE Pettibone » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:19 pm

JE Pettibone

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum