New tech question -videos

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

New tech question -videos

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:25 pm

I finally took the plunge and purchased a Video camera. Love the product it produces on play back, With the zoom microphone there is no need for an external connection to the sound stem, In fact it may be a bit overly sensitive to environmental noises, coughs. high heels, whispers, a dropped hymnal, ect. I can live with that. The visual zoom is very effective, although a bit touchy, a fully charged battery gets through a full worship ( I have used it for three services) just fine, no problem with lighting. It adjust well automatically. Had some struggle learning to Upload to the computer I thought I had that resolved but it has again come up.

My problem is is with Sony's propitiatory Playmemories home editing program When It come up it looks fine but in a short time I get a popup message saying "Browser has stooped" I have twice contacted their "Live help line" and they requested permission to take over my compute to fix the problem. the first time it did not work the second time with a different tech it worked, for a few days, this morning I was again getting the pop up "browser has stopped" message when I tried to use the editing program to burn a disc.

Does any one out there use this program, and do you have any suggestions? If not does any one have a recommendation for a useful Video Editing program ? A free one if possible. Most of the Paid ones seem have far more than I need. Windows Movie Maker requires requires some special code that I do not understand to accept Sony's format.
Ed Pettibone

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum