[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Political Poison from the Religious Right

Political Poison from the Religious Right

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Political Poison from the Religious Right

Postby Gene Scarborough » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:04 pm

Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Re: Political Poison from the Religious Right

Postby Haruo » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:04 pm

He'll get his next year when Obama forces him to wear a microchip. ;-)
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:21 pm

:thumb: Just joking----I pesume old limping one!!! :wink:
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Gene Scarborough » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:38 am

Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby KeithE » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:41 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:46 am

Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

See letter from Bama SBC GOP leader

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:20 pm

In SBC Trends, War On Faith Thread. Righteous Southern Baptists felt compelled to bring up Jeremiah Wright's name again to paint Obama as Other.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Postby Gene Scarborough » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:18 pm

Sorry---I don't see your point, Stephen :?
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Sarah Palin's Revenge

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:31 pm

Some day you will, Gene as have the editors of the Bham News who most likely will publish my letter.

In the meantime for GOP Poison, think on this:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2 ... venge.html

Stephen Fox

Postby Gene Scarborough » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:27 am

Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby KeithE » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:33 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:41 am

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:07 pm

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:08 am

Only a bunch of BL bloggers could have this much fun with "stupid" in politics these days!!! :lol:

Santorum takes Alabama and MIssissippi---they can't make it to a Mormon, it seems even through he is otherwise appealing to their hate and greed, he's still a XXXX Mormon!
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Gene Scarborough » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:03 am

Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:27 am

Ed: But Gene, There are a number of SBC leaders in whom you seem to see no good but the offer some nice prayers especially at public breakfast meetings.

And while I Hope some one steps up who can unseat Obama I do not question his profession of being a Christian.
Ed Pettibone

Postby Gene Scarborough » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:39 am

Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:41 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby Dave Roberts » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:03 am

From what I've seen from Congress over the last decade, Congress seems to remain in gridlock no matter who is in the White House. When did we last have a federal budget that didn't rely on special appropriations for the Defense Department and continuing resolutions to fund lots of things at last year's level because Congress couldn't even agree on how to discuss them. Seems like that goes back at least to about 2005.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Mrs Haruo » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:04 pm

Granny Hoppingobble who lives in a yurt up back of my apple trees says "I'm amazed at the stupidittidy of the present candidates for office. They seem to git worse every year. Particalarly that GOP."
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Postby Gene Scarborough » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:19 am

My Grandpappy put it this way:

"The higher the monkey climbs the tree---the more you see his tail!"

Somehow monkeys are not restricted to any political party nor church! Do your own looking and evaluating these days and forget about that slick commercials or sound bites produced on Madison Avenue---which can make dog poop smell like roses----until you pick it up and taste it and then it's too late! :lol:
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:55 pm

GScar's poll findings above say a lot. On Tuesday I had contentious conversation with Bama Bap Editor Bob Terry. He could not bring himself to say he believes Obama is a Christian yet he went on 60 minutes to defend the Allied Defense Fund's Pickering against charges of Racism a few years ago. And I think Terry did a good job in that instance.
It is a failure of SBC leadership that deep south evangelicals are in such a fog, or worse hold these resentments about Obama's faith.

Stephen Fox

Postby Gene Scarborough » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:00 pm

The first thing Southern arsnic or DDT effects is the brain---maybe they farmed too much cotton when they were young and never got past "stupid" in their brain development!

On the other hand they could be just plain stinking mean and enjoy it!!!

Either way, "Houston, we got a problem here!" :wink:
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Gene Scarborough » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:25 pm

Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Carlye Marney was a friend

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:03 pm

Of LBJ and Senator Sam Ervin. I'm not sure what Scar and Gushee are gettin at, but if they are failing to make a distinction between Karl Rove's relationship to Richard Land, and Robert Parham and Jim Evans recent visit to the Obama White House, then I think we ought to explore it.
James Dunn walked the tightrope between politickin for Jimmy Carter with Jimmy Allen in the Texas Primary in 1976. I don't think Pressler ever forgave him and that was one of the reasons for all the energy in the SBC Takeover.
Scaroborough and Gushee both should maybe examine STeven Miller on Graham and Nixon a little closer; or my friend Darrick Harkins and President Obama.
Ross Douthat has a book coming out soon on the GOP and the Religious Right.
And Parham has a post up today at www.ethicsdaily.com on goodwill Baptists.
I posted it at Kady Ann Davy's Facebook page near Lumberton.

Let's continue to explore.

Stephen Fox

Next

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues