[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Limbaugh and Coed Sex

Limbaugh and Coed Sex

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

A Considered take by NY Rev Books

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:05 pm

http://www.nybooks.com/blogs/nyrblog/20 ... -limbaugh/

At one point they suggest maybe they shoulda called a married woman
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Limbaugh and Coed Sex

Postby Dave Roberts » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:41 pm

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:35 pm

Cathy---

I am just as upset as you with the calous and uncaring attitude of ET and could not have said it any better.

If ET has a wife, I hope she reads his post so true retribution takes place for him and his smirk over a jerk long overdue for a good butt busting from those of us who still have some sanity and prefer love over hate. :)
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby ET » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:46 pm

I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Postby Cathy » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:36 pm

It was not "two little words". Quit saying "two words" if you want anyone to take you seriously. He said the two words, he described her walking (not that he would know how she walks) and said why she walked that way, He insisted that she should send videos. And if he said it once in several cases he said it three times.

It was over three days. If you watch the videos he has on different shirts and it has been reported as three days in news articles. If I'm wrong maybe it was two. But I think I'm right about three days.

No we don't hide our base nature just because we don't talk on the radio. ET, you and I don't say anything that bad about anyone. I don't and I assume you don't. I don't even think that way about anyone. If I listened to Rush I might start thinking like that.

But I am relieved that you do think it was wrong and he deserved condemnation.

I think I am now signing off this topic.
Cathy

Postby ET » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:00 am

ET

Postby Gene Scarborough » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:05 am

Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Neil Heath » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:58 pm

I haven't seen many things with as much hate directed toward people who hate. Sort of a pot and kettle thing, I guess, but the writer pretty much shot himself in the foot by stooping to the level he accused the other side of using. It was painful to read.
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:59 pm

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby ET » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:20 pm

ET

Postby Cathy » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:44 pm

Wasn't going to get back into this but just for completeness I want to drop this link.

It is Steven Colberts response to Rush. It includes dates Rush talks about her. I have to admit it wasn't three days it was four.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/03/0 ... ebyuserrec

This is not where I got my three day account from. I haven't gone back to find the first mention but did see the video on the news with three different shirts at least. After my contention that it was three days I also ran into Ms Quinn's (Washington Post) post on the subject and she said three days. I won't link that but I am sure anyone that wants to see it can find it.
Cathy

Postby Haruo » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:01 pm

Thanks, Cathy, that was both amusing and informative. I hadn't seen the original footage of Rush, and I hadn't seen Colbert.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:15 pm

I look on the article I shared as a "shot across the bow" of Republican Conservatism. Sometimes it takes a George Patton approach = put it loud and put it dirty and they will get it!

Like the rest of you, I don't ever want to get into the gutter, but sometimes it takes just that. My wife calls it "tree talk," but when you work with the kind of men I do it is not wise to divulge your clerical credentials at the beginning of a job!

I undersand that Kion Greek used in Jesus day was similar = language of the street. I have often wondered if Matthew 23 when he zeroed in on the fakery of the Pharisees was cleaned up a whole bunch. If "SOB" (Sweet Old Bob for the PC folks) was ever to be used by Jesus to communicate, it would have been right there as he flailed the Moneychangers from the Temple porch.

If words didn't get the message across, then actions certainly did! The problem with the CR Takeover is that most preachers don't know how to treat a junkyard dog = shoot him between the eyes before he grabs you by the arm and won't let go!

We have the same problem with Tea Party Republicans these days and sweet martiarcal Barbera Bush put is simple recently: "This is the worst Primary Campaign I have ever seen!" :wink:
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby David Flick » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:02 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues