[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Montana Judge and Obama's mother

Montana Judge and Obama's mother

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Pressler and Race, Mormon Proff and Race

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:54 pm

It would be interesting to explore the race pilgrimage of Paul Pressler as analogous to this Mormon contemporary and the discussion that has exploded there.
Maybe someone will want to link and explore the Montana Judge, though I do not know him to be either Mormon or Baptist

http://www.religiondispatches.org/dispa ... ntroversy/
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Pressler and Race, Mormon Proff and Race

Postby Haruo » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:00 pm

Personally, I found the Montana judge's email to be extremely offensive and suggestive of moral if not mental illness on his part, but not necessarily racist. The racial content was entirely secondary to the suggestion that what he forwarded ought to be heartwarming. Granted, Montana is not part of the civilized world, but even savages usually have better grounds for feeling heartwarmed. I did not hear what his source was, and thought that would be worth knowing.

When I find myself on the other side of a political fence from someone, it does not occur to me that I ought to denigrate that person's mother's sexual behavior. That a federal judge would find such behavior heartwarming strikes me as utterly indefensible.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:02 pm

Further comments on the judge might go better in Politics forum; I'm going to copy my comments above thither.

Haruo
Site Admin

Re: Montana Judge and Obama's mother

Postby Dave Roberts » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:11 pm

One more case of our country's bad taste.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Bruce Gourley » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:28 pm

Bruce Gourley
BaptistLife.Com owner

Bruce Gourley
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:44 pm

I just said that to see if I could get you and Cathy riled up. ;-) I retract it. Montana is civilized, at least much of it. The parts where people live.

It is not particularly known for its racial diversity involving Blacks, however. Indians, another story. But I really don't see the judge's forward as particularly racist, just as extremely unbecoming a judge, and not too cool in an adult of any profession.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Cathy » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:24 pm

I did note your comment in regard to Montana, Haruo, and almost cancelled my Washington state springbreak visit! :lol:

Tea Party and anti Obama rhetoric has been, dare I say, pretty beastly. I think that anyone who would send an email of this type has some explaining to do. No one of color would want him as their judge and should be able to ask for that change and expect the request to be honored.

Can you be other than racist if you resort to racist attack or you find a racist joke appealing and want to forward it? But who can read the heart?

I'm a little sensitive to racist opinions as we have had an influx of racists into the Flathead over the last couple of years. Pioneer Little Europe is one of the more organized efforts to encourage like minded racists and right wing nuts to move in this direction. I can assure you the local population isn't happy about it. But there is really very little one can do. It is a free country. Even in Montana.
Cathy

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues