[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Obama's War on Religion

Obama's War on Religion

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Obama's War on Religion

Postby Hal Eaton » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:21 pm

For a close look at the topic, check the Mother Jones website and an article entitled, "What War on Religion." Read the necessary deliberate abuse of facts and figures by the Catholic Bishops concerning their posturing on the the subject. Read further for the conduct of our Republican Eagle Scout Ralph Reed on the subject. Since they show no shame, I will be ashamed for them . . . These supposedly Christian spokesmen are demonstrably shy of ethics.

IMO, some TIC
It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry. -- Thomas Paine
Hal Eaton

Re: Obama's War on Religion

Postby KeithE » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:44 pm

Opportunity for Ralph Reed Fund Raising:
[url]http://ffcoalition.com/sign-the-petition-to-fight-back-in-obama’s-war-on-religion/[/url]
Sorry can’t make the link work.

With all the issues our country is facing (many involving Kingdom ethics) , why is contraception such a large item?

Obama’s war is Afghanistan not on religion.

And even if there is a slight insensitivity to Catholics and Mormons (both of which outlaw contraception officially), Christians area asked to accept much worse persecution.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:28 am

Really rather bizarre how it won't accept that link.

Try that. The problem was the apostrophe in the URL, which was incorrectly coded for use in that role. I think the above link should work now.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:58 am

Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby KeithE » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:35 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: Obama's War on Religion--Newt Gets into Fracus

Postby Gene Scarborough » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:15 am

Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Dave Roberts » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:49 am

A whole lot of the "right" is just as secular as the "left." Go figure :brick:
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:48 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Neil Heath » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:52 pm

I was not pleased to see that Newt was speaking in Ga.two churches this past Sunday. It smells an awful lot like an endorsement when any candidate is given pulpit time during a campaign. And it happened during early voting for the Ga. primary. Way too blatantly political for my tastes, regardless of what he said. The message was his presence as an invited speaker.

I doubt that it was because he could lead so well in worship. I doubt that it was a worship service at all, just a political rally. I would not have attended it if I had been a member there. My opinion of those churches has declined significantly as a result.
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:33 pm

on Saturday. A Southern Baptist church no less, near Chattanooga, named Abbas House.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:06 pm

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:08 pm

Churches can't miss their golden chances to get on TV with such important guests :brick: :roll: We must use politicians as well as they try to use us. (tic).
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:44 am

I don't remember this focus on church speaking during the last main election. :oops:

I remember Bush doing it a couple of times / Obama a couple / never so many in a primary---but more churches are buying TV time these days and becoming sophisticated with that media.

Are these candidates just being opportunistic and using free church TV to promote themselves?

Are they speaking of spiritual things or promoting themselves??? (wish I could do white)

If you are a politician, can church and state be separate in this setting? :?
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:32 am

A. "Gene Scarborough"] don't remember this focus on church speaking during the last main election.[/b] :oops:

Ed: And who is it that is so focused on it?

B.I remember Bush doing it a couple of times / Obama a couple / never so many in a primary---but more churches are buying TV time these days and becoming sophisticated with that media.

Ed: If you have a Presidential candidate speaking you do not have to BY TV time. But you pretty much have to put up with the media.

C. Are these candidates just being opportunistic and using free church TV to promote themselves?

Ed: Again are you sure it is church TV that they are uesing

D. Are they speaking of spiritual things or promoting themselves??? (wish I could do white)

Ed: What particular political issues do not have spiritual ramifications. And i find it strange that any one strongly objecting to the practice don't know what is being done.

E.If you are a politician, can church and state be separate in this setting? :?[/quote]
[/color]

Ed: What setting? But I did once have a very good SS teacher who never mentioned politics in SS. And in fact I am still am not sure what party he is in, however shortly after we left that city he became mayor. BTW he was also our personal attorney.And has from time to time served as Moderator in that church. And I am glad to Claim Jimmy Carter as brother in Christ who I first hears speaking person at My Graduation from SBTS in 1992, then later at a CBF Assembly and at the first New Baptist covenant meeting and was glad to again see he an Rosalynn by video simocast speaking in a Baptist Church for NBC 2. And I would rather not hear protest from those who did not hear either oF his presentations at the New Baptist covenant Meetings. Being a past president does not take away ones
citizenship.

Now Gene, let me ask would you have a problem with a presidential debate being held in a church. And should we even be having this discussion on a website Called Baptistlife .com (k)
Ed Pettibone

Postby Gene Scarborough » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:17 am

So, Ed---why didn't you save a lot of time and just say, "I don't give a :horse: ?????

Your old SS teacher is proof positive that church and state can stay separate and do well. Obviously, his level of community respect came about above and beyond (possibly) any political party.

Those relying on party / church / pretended corporate righteousness---are missing the opportunity to quietly "go about doing good," in my old stupid view!!!
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:41 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby Gene Scarborough » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:19 am

I'm the one calling myself "stupid" silly---so put down you defenses, brother!!!!

I try to have a little fun with myself at times. Maybe you should try it too. :wink:
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues