[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Gay Marriage in Washington: Westboro threat

Gay Marriage in Washington: Westboro threat

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Gay Marriage in Washington: Westboro threat

Postby Haruo » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:01 pm

Gay marriage was voted into being by the Washington State Legislature recently, and now Westboro Baptist is threatening to demonstrate at the Powell boys' funeral, holding that God allowed the boys' murder to happen to punish our state for the new marriage law.

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Re: Gay Marriage in Washington: Westboro threat

Postby Chris » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:24 pm

Kansas to Washington is a long journey. Where does Westboro get funding for these hideous excursions? It isn't a large church. Is some wealthy right-wing organization giving them donations to do this un-Christian work?
Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Postby Haruo » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:58 pm

Good question. One I've thought about occasionally but never delved into and never heard anything about the explanation for.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:15 pm

Haruo, glad you are back on BL. Maybe these excursions make up Westboro's total budget.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:48 pm

So God kills boys for the supposed sin of the state they live in. And the Westboro contingent is so sure of this fact, they are willing to travel. Methinks they enjoy doing provocatively stupid things.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Hal Eaton » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:51 pm

I've forgotten where I heard/read/divined the information. but it may be that Westover "church" is made up of the pastor and his family, a couple of whom are lawyers.

What an opportunity for jokes about "the preacher and the lawyer walked into the . . . '
It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry. -- Thomas Paine
Hal Eaton

Postby Gene Scarborough » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:34 am

It reminds me of the Crusades: big trip / tax deductable / cut off head in the name of God!!!!

Hope they exercise better personal hygiene than did the troops in their heavy armor and leather protection gear! :lol:
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby ET » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:24 am

My apologies for my earlier post, which I deleted. I was not really wishing to imply that I desired something tragic to befall such folks, but only that I'd have a hard time concerning myself if it did. I suppose it speaks well of a large swath of America that these folks haven't reaped the whirlwind from their nasty rhetoric and ended up beaten to a pulp or burned out of their homes.

God still loves these Westboro folks perverting His Word, but as my former pastor used to say; "You are free to act as you please. You are not free of the consequences." Should the consequences of stirring up such emotions in people and spewing such vitriol ever visit them in this life, I'll be hard pressed to get too worked up about it. Stupid is as stupid does, per Forest Gump.
I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues