[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Biblical Principle?

Biblical Principle?

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Biblical Principle?

Postby KeithE » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:10 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: Biblical Principle?

Postby Dave Roberts » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:06 pm

To use on of Col Potter's (MASH) favorite phrases: "Mule Fritters."
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:08 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Haruo » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:28 pm

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Neil Heath » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:53 pm

Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby Cathy » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:04 pm

Oh My, Oh My!

I think this entire thread has some spur merit.
Cathy

Shadrack is my State Legislator

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:17 pm

Like Flannery OConnor he has a stake in the Bible Man of Jackson County Alabama, and promises to sponsor a Personhood Amendment for the Tea Party woman who grew up with my Dad at the Calvary baptist Church in rome, Georgia; now with Eunie Smith a Bama Committeewoman for the GOP

Heavens To Betsy
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Or Principal Who Loves the Bible: Shadrack

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:20 pm

"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:24 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Cathy » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:50 pm

Since she is called to the task you would not have to honor her very much?
Cathy

Re: Or Principal Who Loves the Bible: Shadrack

Postby KeithE » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:40 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Cathy » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:48 pm

I hope those teachers are not burdened with college loans. Those can take the calling out of you. It has been suggested that higher education debt motivates medical students to go into more lucrative fields such as orthopedics and cardiology rather than being primary care providers.
Cathy

Postby Haruo » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:40 am

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Mrs Haruo » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:55 am

I have had teachers who taught like it was their calling, they inspired me, and were worth much more than they were paid. I have had other teachers who taught like it was "just a job", and I felt like being in their classroom was a big waste of time, and the taxpayer's money. The rest of the teachers I have know worked very hard for long hours, often deserved hazardous duty pay for unruly students who's parents were convinced their little darlings could do no wrong, or an administration that would not back them up. I have done a lot of volunteer work in schools during the years my children were in school, and went back to tutor in a local elementary school for awhile a few years back, but from what I have seen, you could not pay me enough to be a classroom teacher. I don't see how my sister-in-law has kept her sanity long enough to retire from the school district with enough brains left to finish a second masters in a subject that she did "for fun"- theology!

That legislator feller however, sounds like some snake bit him and sucked the brains right clean outta his head. He's running on empty. If his calling was to be stupid, he has certainly fulfilled it.
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues