[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - The Golden Rule in the SC Debate

The Golden Rule in the SC Debate

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Re: The Golden Rule in the SC Debate

Postby Gene Scarborough » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:56 pm

Isn't diplomacy better than war????? :brick:
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby ET » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:10 pm

I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Postby KeithE » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:52 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby ET » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:07 pm

ET

Postby Gene Scarborough » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:36 am

Ask Ghandi and MLK if change can't be brought about by non-violent means! :)
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Gene Scarborough » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:44 am

By the way --- Newt won SC!!!

The real winner thus far is President Obama :D
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby KeithE » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:00 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:00 pm

It is interesting that most governments consider themselves "just". We certainly try to claim God is on our side in the US.

Strangely, both sides in the Civil were convinced of their "justness and righetousness"----and it cost more American lives than any war fought by us since.

Why is it that we forget the Golden Rule and claim God is making us want to war against one another???? :?

Would the God who created us build a creature which goes opposite directions---each claiming God's demand we kill the oppostition?

What is that crap about "Thou shalt not kill?" I think we are forgetting something here! :wink:
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby ET » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:27 pm

ET

Postby KeithE » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:54 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby ET » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:09 pm

ET

Postby Gene Scarborough » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:55 am

Human relations has no bounds and war has destroyed more innocent people than the leaders who start it.

Let me quickly say, that the HItler approach of lie and then do what you said you would not, do pales by comparison to the hatreds of the Jews against their Roman occupiers.

In the case where a man purposely lies and kills, you are not dealing with a rational humanity, but Satan, himself. That was the case in the SC Primary and in the CR takeover of the SBC. Hypocrits are hated by God and cursed by Jesus.

I once had a drug addict holding a pair of barber sissors 2" from my liver demanding my keys so he could escape from the Alcoholic Ward at Dorothea Dix. His eyes were nothing but black holes and he had no conscience. Had I had access to a gun, I would not have hesitated to blow his brains out.

There are some situations where tuning the other cheek and returning good for evil DOES NOT work. We must be wise enough to detect the difference. Jesus hardly turned his cheek to the moneychangers on the Temple steps. That was one day when "turn the other cheek" DID NOT APPLY.
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby ET » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:46 am

ET

Postby Dave Roberts » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:49 am

Deleted!
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby ET » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:05 am

ET

Postby KeithE » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:24 pm

I'm to blame. Read your PMs ET.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby ET » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:24 pm

ET

Postby Gene Scarborough » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:37 pm

Whatever happened to a good fist fight to settle differences?

Nowadays you have to have some specific law to cite to issue a citation. The the defendent has his rights ad nauseum and gets to hire a fancy lawyer to get him off to enjoy his lawlessness once more.

Meanwhile, us poor folks represent ourselves or pay money we don't have so lawyers can get rich and have a nice house.

Screw the lawyers----settle most of the stuff between yourselves----go on with life with minimal intrusion by the "authorites."

If you are really smart, then move to Beaufort County where traffic is light and people get along. The bigger the city or county, the more bull po po is littering the ground!!!! :wink:
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Previous

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues