[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - IOWA caucus

IOWA caucus

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

IOWA caucus

Postby Chris » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:50 pm

Very early....2% of precincts reporting. Santorum has 26%, Ron Paul 23%, Romney 18%, Gingrich 16%. I didn't see Santorum coming! I think Paul will win. I have no dog in this hunt, but it's fascinating how weak this field is.
Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Re: IOWA caucus

Postby Chris » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:00 pm

Newt is fading. With 6% of precincts reporting: Santorum = 24.2%; Paul = 23.7%; Romney = 22.3% Newt = 13.6%.

You can watch it unfold at
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/0 ... l#liveblog
Chris

Postby Chris » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:35 pm

With 1/4 of precincts reporting -- Paul, Santorum, and Romney are in a dead heat!
Chris

Postby Dave Roberts » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:51 am

Makes for interesting reading. Now on to New Hampshire with a few less candidates.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:20 am

Yes, I gather than Perry and Bachmann are going to drop out. Newt should drop out but I think he now wants to be a spoiler out of anger over people bringing up his past. I think Iowans looked at Newt, finally remembered his past of ethics abuses, affairs, nasty behavior, etc. and said "lets forget him again!"
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:51 pm

. . . And I bet President Obama is making sure to enroll his daughters in the school for next year!!! :)

What would happen if the Republican candidats sent all their money to shore up this failed economy their last boss generated!

Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Throw the Tea Party out

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:33 pm

Nation is in Peril and most likely Your Congressman needs to go. Karl Rove is making mischief with his Super Pac and Mitt Romney is benefitting.
Newt is right to fight Mitt on this and the test will be the integrity of S.C. Baps and their perspicacity.

You can help by gettin a copy of Giberson and Stephens The Anointed in your Church Library and local library pronto.

Newt will be a disaster for this country as will Santorum
None of the three have the integrity to honestly engage Jill Lepore and her thoughts in the New Yorker on Planned Parenthood and the Constitution.

And Brian Kaylor has this indictment of them all today at ed.com

http://www.ethicsdaily.com/despite-affa ... -cms-19052
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Chiliasm and the Mormon Take

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:46 pm

"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Postby Gene Scarborough » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:00 pm

Stephen---"perspicacity"----I think you just proved the Peter Principle = everyone reaches beyond his capacity and shows his ignorance with style! :horse:
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:32 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:44 am

Sorry, Timothy----

Since I can't say ugly words over the hostility and divisiveness of the Caucus---I gotta let it out somewhere! :brick:
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Chris » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:37 am

When is Super Tuesday? How many states vote that day? Were I a candidate, I wouldn't drop out until after Super Tuesday.
Wasn't it 1988 that Pat Robertson won the Iowa Republican caucus, but, by April, it was clear he didn't have a chance?
Chris

Postby Gene Scarborough » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:41 am

The American voter is probably the most fickle and dis-loyal creature on this planet!
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Tim Bonney » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:05 am

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:59 pm

All political practices of late seem to focus on party and hatred. Whatever happened to statesmanship and dealing with issues over personality and dirt?
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Chris » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:03 pm

Chris

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues