[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - I have seen the Tree of Life

I have seen the Tree of Life

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

I have seen the Tree of Life

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:15 pm

Waitin on the rest of you.......

by Terence Malick with a lot of Rachmaninoff for your consideration.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: I have seen the Tree of Life

Postby Gene Scarborough » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:18 am

Have you fully gotten over your drinking at Christmas, Stephen????? :)
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby KeithE » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:41 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:51 am

Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

It won the Palm De Or

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:39 am

Set in Waco Texas, near Baylor. Not too much of a different world than Rome, Georgia near Shorter of the same era. I can easily imagine morph some of my Father's stories into this narrative, Oak Street and the road from Tubize to downtown Rome.
The film fleshes out Carlyle Marney's answer to the question Where is the Garden of Eden. For him it was Oak Street In Knoxville, Tn where as a boy of 8 he robbed the penny jar and his Mother called his name.

The White Ribbon won the Palm De Or as well. I seen it too.

The Math at this point ain't difficult at all.

Fox and Furman: 2. Gscar and Emory big Fat Goose Egg Zero: 0

Score stands 2-0!

Stephen Fox

Vestavia Hills Gary Furr Review

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:51 am

My first cousins Daughter was a member of Vestavia Hills for a while. Good people. Furr is a light in the state.
I coulda seen the movie with Furr as TOL was only in one theatre in the whole state and that for a week. It was near Furr's neighborhood. Somebody shoulda took Nick Saban to see it.
This Movie deserves the cathedral of the best Theatre you can find for a viewing. Maybe it will come back around Oscar time. I don't know as it is already on DVD. I rented from Blockbuster for 1.99 one day overnight package.

http://ethicsdaily.com/the-tree-of-life-cms-18177

Brad Pitt plays the organ for the Methodist Church in the film, and the ride they take after Sunday morning church service, well itcoulda been my Dad and his brothers and sisters listening to tales of the great success of their Uncle Paul Fox, a vice-president of Reynolds Aluminum who President Nixon sent to see the Shah of Iran.

And the scene where the boys traipse into town and see all the misfits and misbegottens.

The church scene and home tour juxtaposed with the visit to the black community for BBQ speaks volumes of the Southern Church in the 50's. But then again this tea party inequality in many ways is worse.

Stephen Fox

Postby Gene Scarborough » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:24 pm

Stephen---It is Christmas and I overlook jerks for a while!!!

Why the attempt at one-upmanship???? :blech:
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues