[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - OWS Complaint

OWS Complaint

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

OWS Complaint

Postby KeithE » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:05 pm

Look at all 40 charts to see how the US has regressed over the last 10-30 years. It is more than time the 99% asked for justice.
Last edited by KeithE on Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: OWS Complaint

Postby Haruo » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:27 am

Wonderful slideshow, Keith. Thanks!
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:35 am

Very sobering information!
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:56 am

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:35 am

A friend from high school sent me this on FB:

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:56 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby Dave Roberts » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:13 pm

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:35 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby KeithE » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:40 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:45 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Bruce Gourley » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:25 pm

This is such a good analysis, I just had to post it:

Bruce Gourley
BaptistLife.Com owner

Bruce Gourley
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:23 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby KeithE » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:35 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:15 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby KeithE » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:19 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:37 am

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby ET » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:48 am

I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

More Data

Postby KeithE » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:44 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

OWS Has No Demands?

Postby KeithE » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:54 pm

Think again.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:43 am

Ed; Talk about greed, How much do you think most of those protesters have invested in their camping gear? I haven't seen any $19.95 pup tents in Downtown Albany. I have seen some $200.00 sleeping bags and $80,00 single burner camping stoves, nice alpine boots and where is most of this gear made, Korea, China, Japan, Taiwan & Switzerland top the list. That is not to say that there is no American made equipment but what there is, is in the minority.

And may I mention the top of the line winter wear on the backs of many protesters. And the Saabs, Subarus & Volvo sedans and wagons, along with the upscale SUV's in the nearby parking garages.

And where are most of the protesters during the day? They are at work or in class at one of the several nearby colleges. The local CBS affiliate has noted many darkened tents during the evening hours, in their follow up they found several of the owners at HOME. The same channel has a survey asking "do you think the the protest are having any worth while effect and the last I checked it was 63% yes and 37% yes And it should be noted that Albany has only made arrest among the protestors for drunkenness and physical assault. These have totaled less than 50.

As to the question as to why they are protesting some have actually said "any reason to party is sufficient". A bit of cold and rain is an entertaing challenge. We will see when it really gets cold.
Ed Pettibone

Postby Tim Bonney » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:26 am

Ed if I lost my job tomorrow I'd not stop owning the nice camping gear I have in my basement.

But be that as it may, so all the protesters aren't poor. Should that suprise you? People who still have jobs can't protest wall street taking their retirement money? They have to wait until they are homeless to protest?? Those of us who want to support those who are losing their jobs can't protest until we lose ours?

Obviously you've proved that this isn't class warfair. People who still have want to help those who have not. Sounds good to me!
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:06 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Gene Scarborough » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:31 am

So----if "greed is good" why are so many people miserable to the point of protest today?????

My brother was South Central Bell with a Golden Parachute which is becoming lead as the maket stomped him / I lost my dream house (also my retirement investment) to foreclosure as my income instantly went to 30% 4 years ago / my sister lost her house and now lives in one owned by her daughter / my mother watched her retirement investments shrink by 40% / my smiling teacher youngest sister is cocky and sure as her salary is paid with tax dollars---but her tenure is her only protection as school teachers exit with cuts.

This is just my own family and me. I don't know a single small business owner who is making more than 50% or earnings 4 years ago.

Are we happy????

Not just NO, but HELL NO!!!!!! :blech:
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby KeithE » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:58 pm

The OWS protests have fostered at least 2 new bills in Congress that:
that gave corporations the rights of individuals wrt to campaign giving (and doing so anonymously) as well as a 1976 SCOTUS decision that calls money spent on campaigns "free speech". The quality of our ideas to help the people more than the interests of the corporations should be emphasized.

that could raise ~$100B/year and/or effectively end the so prevalant on Wall Street amplifying the wild swings we are seeing.

We also need more bills to reinstate the war powers act (Congress is supposed to decide not the executive branch!) and drastically cut our overseas in 130+ countries often to protect overseas US corporations.

And why are we even considering a $13B giveaway to Big Oil for the (which, btw, is 17 times the $737M loan guarantee to Solyndra for PV solar power). I'll tell you why, Fox News/CNN/other RW pundits has poisoned American minds into bitelines that don't even consider the numbers involved or the nature of the money (direct funded giveaways w/o payback vs loan gaurantees with payback expected). This while Big Oil has pulled in profits in the last quarter alone.

..... I could go on all night.

We need to be forming a whole new slate of 2012 candidates that actually think past political lines/lies and are truly "of the people, by the people, and for the people" (all of the people not just the rich ones able to buy influence!).

OWS has some momentum and if we can educate more people, it will cause a badly needed, true to our American ideals revolution.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:15 pm

Ed Pettibone

Next

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues