[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Hoped for Prediction

Hoped for Prediction

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Hoped for Prediction

Postby KeithE » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:12 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: Hoped for Prediction

Postby Gene Scarborough » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:14 am

Thanks for the good review and update on the Washington rally. I wish I could be there, but have to work instead.

I'm not sure throwing government tax money at all this will accomplish anything realistic. We have thrown so much money at poverty and war, yet we still have them in too much abundance.

No one is willing to simply say, "Get off your butt and work or you have the priviledge to now starve the 300 pounds you have accumalated on food stamps off you lazy bones!"

Why can't all bad people be good----and all good people be nice????????????????????
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby KeithE » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:28 am

Occupy Wall Street (OWS) is getting some press (usually saying the demands are unclear and the group is leaderless in an effort to downplay it).

The October2011 (which has been in planning longer and therefore less spontaneous than OWS) is underway in Wash DC.

Pepper spray is being used at both (although the protests are mostly peaceful assembly - a supposed guaranteed right). Personally I do not think that OWS should have tried to block the Brooklyn Bridge and the police right to break that up. But pepper spray has been used (mistakenly I trust) even against bystanders.

It will be an interesting Fall (at least).
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:18 pm

I dropped by on my way home from work last night. It was fun. Maybe a couple hundred people (including the cops) hanging out in Westlake Park, some of them making or listening to music, some doing the Hyde Park soapbox routine, some of them talking with the cops about the overnight shelter aspect. Generally good vibes, and not a lot of pot smoke in the air. Ran into one person I know (a former phoner), also his first time there.

Occupy Seattle has been going on for well over a week now ( was datelined 10/1). All week I've seen them there (my route to the bus tunnel takes me catercorner from them. They're a lot less of a security risk than the skateboarder who usually occupy that space into the wee hours.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby ET » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:39 pm

I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Postby ET » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:52 pm

ET

Postby ET » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:54 pm

ET

Postby ET » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:56 pm

ET

Postby ET » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:04 pm

ET

Postby Gene Scarborough » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:34 pm

:wave:
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby KeithE » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:35 pm

Wow, ET that is quite an effort. And I thought you have given up on BL bantering.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:51 am

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:38 am

So well-said, Dave!!!

I think you have cited one of the main factors in our current failed economy. How I could use half the cost of a Tomahawk Missle ($1M+) to run my small business!!!

There is plenty of tax money in the US. It's just being used on foolish occupation of foreign soil (on a line for a major oil pipeline to the Persian Gulf there for many years prior) so who is the real winner??? Is it oil companies or the local populice which enjoys their way of life for the centuries they have lived there???
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Dave Roberts » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:56 am

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:50 pm

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby ET » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:52 pm

Last edited by ET on Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ET

Tea Party in Heartland

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:54 pm

You read that nihilism yet at NY Books.com . Hope you can google it up tonight, ET
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Postby KeithE » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:45 am

during a peaceful sit-in on the steps of the SCOTUS (watch the video embedded in the link) protesting in particular the "Citizens United" decision that corporations are "people" (with rights to contribute unlimited funds to political candidates and lobby for self-serving legislation). West is a Princeton Professor and becoming a leading spokesman for OWS (this protest comes as part of the showing part of my "Hoped for Prediction" that these movements would merge).

Both movements are clearly "of the people, for the people, by the people" and the is spreading rapidly across this country and globally. Heck we had over 100 in Huntsville (no I didn't go).

I found amusing that 69% of Americans felt that the OWS protests represented their views on the economy vs. 28% who favored the Tea Party economic views. This was a Fox News online poll - I'd say it backfired and has been removed from their website.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Blake » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:02 pm

I wonder what would happen if the cops played Slayer from their cruisers' loudspeakers. :wink:
"But for our parts, to take a carnal weapon in our hands, or use the least violence, either to support or pull down the worst, or to set up or maintain the best of men, we look not upon it to be our duty in the least..."
- Henry Adis
Blake

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues