[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - I Never Would Have Guessed...

I Never Would Have Guessed...

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

I Never Would Have Guessed...

Postby Sandy » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:27 am

...that John McCain could come up with something this accurate and on target.
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011 ... tea-party/

If he'd done this during the 2008 campaign, instead of deferring to the Palinite way of doing things, he might have been a little closer to being President now.
Sandy

Tea Party Nihilism?

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:58 pm

"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Atlantic blames Tea Party

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:55 pm

Stephen Fox

Thomas Frank on CNN

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:03 pm

last five minutes of the 8 pm hour talking about the wrecking crew makes an inferentially analogous point to SBC Takeover and the last 30 years of GOP right wing politics: Make it disgusting in crisis mode; ratchet it up and then come in with the Anti Wave.

Lee Atwater, to Rove and fits with the nihilistic idea. Politics know longer about statesmen but about the lowest common denominator law and order folks. Dogma over grace as the winning politics.

Stephen Fox

Senartor Jim Demint

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:33 pm

Of Redeemer Presbyterian Church PCA, Greenville, S.C.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/43929730?slide=9

Stephen Fox

Re: I Never Would Have Guessed...

Postby Gene Scarborough » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:53 am

Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby KeithE » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:17 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:59 am

Aren't we "supposed" to have disclosure of large contributions already????

All this change is going to have to come from a disgusted public as I see no penchant for such reform within the Congress. They love the perks and power and the people coming up behind them with brown paper bags of money strangely appearing in the corner of closets----which cannot be traced!!!
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby KeithE » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:45 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:27 am

Good ideas, Keith!!!

What concerns me most about the last number of elections is the LACK of real material on specific things the candidate advocates. Instead, we get slick and expensive commercials----too many against the opponent instead of what the candidate running them is proposing to do to represent the constituents.

I'm also getting tired of the road and bridges carrying a Representative's name as if he did it all. The old "Purple Heart Highway" sign attached to 301 is admirable as it honors soldiers who gave life and limb for our freedoms. I fail to see anything more than a fancy tombstone when my state and federal officials have their name displayed on it. It's almost as if is says, "I pulled the strings and worked the corrupt system to bring home the bacon."

So what deals did they do under the table to spend our money for their buddy's recognition in his neck of the woods???
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues