[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - The Coming Debt Limit Crisis

The Coming Debt Limit Crisis

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Re: The Coming Debt Limit Crisis

Postby Gene Scarborough » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:51 pm

E.T.---

Why don't you just say, "I'm happy in my Republican nest and anything that lets me maintain my happiness is believed / anything which punches holes in it is a lie!!!"

Your "theories" never seem to amaze me nor do they contain much common sense. As a small businessman, I'm being screwed every day and note that no amount of K-Y Jelly eases the pain. The Stock Market disaster and that of Treasury Bonds was the fault of Democrats too---I suppose!!!!

You are sounding more desperate with every post these days. Since things are so good in your Republican world, how about sending some money to fund my "Angels With Chainsaws" ministry???? The sharing will be much appreciated!!
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby ET » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:58 pm

Gene, you are a textbook case for a commentary I read once. Folks who don't find the laws of economics or other rational explanations to be emotionally satisfying because those laws produce outcomes which they do not like resort to finding villains or evil motives behind whatever they don't like. Some of those villains are: Big Business, Big Pharma, "greed", "price gouging", Big Oil to name just a few.

Sorry, but I can't contribute to your ministry. Any such donations I may make will most likely go to any costs needed to start up a car care ministry at my church for widows, single moms and military wives.
I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Postby KeithE » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:52 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:33 am

Keith---

I join you in congratulating ET on the car care ministry = so simple and so helpful to the elderly.

I think you covered a good list of economic theorists. I am a counselor and theologian and know much about arbor care.

I find most economic theories cross lines and a simple tag is far from adequate. The Communist system, in many ways, was similar to Capitalism in its daily practice. It sounded good on paper that all could share, but the more the rich wanted to be richer and powerful to have more power, the more both were corrupted.

Jesus put is simply: "The LOVE of money is the root of all evil!" HIs view of sharing and eqality brought hope to the poor and needy which will be with us always. His call to the JOY of salvation and a PEACE that passes understanding is one that never grows old and is possible from people of good will.

Sometimes I feel a sense of ET's economic elitism making him happy. I am struggling with such as it plays itself into recent economic events here and around the world. For the last 30+ years we have had far too many wars and killings over who is right or wrong. The lack of regulation and the idea that rich folks will pay their fair share of taxes and be glad to hire fellow citizens has proven itself a similar failure to the collapse of Communism.

Yesterday's 20/20 brought out the story of a man guiding our national security program since 9/11. He was seeing wiretapping without any judge's order as well as no due process for those arrested with vague charges. He cried, "FOUL," and got the FBI invading his house and records in an attempt to silence him. He was accused of violating "national security" requirements and threatened with jail time. He has just gone before a Judge who commented on the terrible miscarraiges of justice and sentenced him to community service rather than the Federal Pen.

Now, if only they apply such serious tactics in the investigation of wrong-doing in the financial and corporate world and lack of regulation in the politcal world---I think we will find out things about us which should trouble any freedom-loving citizen of this country. The Administration kept it quiet, but truth comes out in due time!!!

I think we CAN and MUST do better!!!!
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Previous

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues