[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Who is Rich---Who Should Pay Taxes????

Who is Rich---Who Should Pay Taxes????

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Who is Rich---Who Should Pay Taxes????

Postby Gene Scarborough » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:46 pm

Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Re: Who is Rich---Who Should Pay Taxes????

Postby Jim » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:05 pm

Jim

Postby Gene Scarborough » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:57 pm

Jim---quit the BS and just send me half your church tithe to help me help others in distress from hurricanes---I call the ministry: "Angels with Chainsaws."

Now it's your turn to "fish or cut bait!"

A High School friend has sent me several checks so it is legit. Right now I need $10,000 just to get equipment back in shape for the soon-to-be-coming hurricanes.

It's tax-deductable too!!!!
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Dave Roberts » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:26 am

The redefinition of "middle class" as making a quarter of a million dollars a year is an affront to the hard-working people who build the houses, the roads, maintain the infrastructure, fight fires, care for public safety, man ems services, and teach the nation's children. These folks are the heroes of our nation. Oh, and don't forget, many of military heroes live in trailer parks near Fort Bragg, Fort Hood, Fort Drum, and near other military bases. Many of their children qualify for free or reduced-price lunches, and some of their families get food stamps while they are deployed. (I know this from 10 years of pastoral experience in the Fayetteville, NC area.) Also, don't forget the men and women who drive the trucks that provide food to your family. They too are all lower class by this definition.

All this reminds me of a word from a barber I once had who said, "The problem is not the high cost of living; it's the cost of high living."
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:05 am

Let them eat cake.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose. (Anent the "Antoinette class".)
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:31 am

Good to see the shaken outlook!!!! We didn't know we were so middle class so where's the money I'm supposed to have as a middle class college / seminary / LUTCF degreed / Series 6 degreed professional who preferrs to run a company in the outdoors and fresh air which used to gross around $100K---before 4 years ago.

Did these rascals take our money and go to a corner of the playground to count it????

Are they circulating it back or just hoarding it to get more money to play with????

As much as they don't like being taxed, I remember a kid who had the 3 bats and 2 balls on my school playground---and would not share so we could play! The teacher had 2 choices: make him share or watch him get the beating of his life from us boys who wanted to just play "Hit the Bat."

Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Gene Scarborough » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:22 pm

I got a quick reprimand from a neighbor today when I spoke of the rich paying few taxes. He quickly said, "The top 10% earners now pay some 40% of taxes!"

I don't know where he got his statistics, but does anyone have any stats on this?

The stats in the public eye of late are of large corporations---especially oil---pay $0 in the world of taxes. Many of them are moving their "official location" offshore where taxes are more favorable or almost nothing---that is a fact.

So who is really paying the freight for our very expensive adventures of the military and its high tech weapons? Who is supporting a large Welfare system paying people who sit at home and don't work?

By the way, NC just raised its gasoline tax so what was coming down a little has suddenly shot up .5 per gallon!!!!

What is a fair tax system because we all know roads / infrastructure / national safety with air controllers and law enforcement are necessary, to name a few????
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Dave Roberts » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:43 am

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:30 am

Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues