[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Huck's a "No" so who's a go for the GOP in 2012?

Huck's a "No" so who's a go for the GOP in 2012?

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Re: Huck's a "No" so who's a go for the GOP in 2012?

Postby KeithE » Thu May 19, 2011 11:15 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Thu May 19, 2011 11:46 am

I know a lot of people say "I vote for the man and not the party." Well I'm a Democrat and I vote for the party primarily. The reason I do is that the individual who is elected by the party is beholden to the platform of the party. Given that you can never tell what some of these politicians believe themselves, (George Bush Senior turned out to be pro-choice for example) I want to vote for the party that reasonably stands for what I stand for. The only 3rd party candidates I see out there right now will probably be Tea Party types. None of them would ever get my vote.

Also give our current system a third party President would accomplish only one thing. He'd unite Democrats and Republicans to see that nothing of substance happened in the four years he was in office.
Tim Bonney

Postby Sandy » Sun May 22, 2011 10:02 am

Ginrgrich is officially in now, another GOP joke who has already made a number of his fellow party members angry by his criticism of Paul Ryan's medicare plan. He seems to forget what he says within weeks of saying it. He criticized President Obama's reluctance to do more than just support NATO air activity by saying we should "take out" Ghadaffi, then later, when it wasn't really clear where popular support was going, he said we shouldn't be getting involved at all, putting himself at odds with his own party leadership.

It appears that yet another Republican who may have had a chance, Mitch Daniels, has decided not to throw his hat in the ring. The list of viable GOP candidates is shrinking rapidly.
Sandy

Postby Haruo » Sun May 22, 2011 10:33 am

This Godfather CEO guy sounds like fun, and a Tea Party candidate with a flair for plays on words in his rhetoric and an African ancestry as visible (if not as recent) as Obama's should be good from a lot of angles.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Fri May 27, 2011 8:55 pm

Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Postby Chris » Fri May 27, 2011 8:56 pm

Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Postby Tim Bonney » Fri May 27, 2011 9:14 pm

Tim Bonney

I could vote for Rudy

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat May 28, 2011 8:48 am

Ed Pettibone

Re: I could vote for Rudy

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat May 28, 2011 1:26 pm

Tim Bonney

Postby Haruo » Sat May 28, 2011 1:49 pm

Whichever one does the most advertising in Esperanto ;-)
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Re: I could vote for Rudy

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat May 28, 2011 1:55 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat May 28, 2011 2:22 pm

OK Ed, I misspelled the guys name. How about Rudy G. :lol:
Tim Bonney

Postby Hal Eaton » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:22 pm

Late, as usual - - but who watched Ron Paul addresssing Ralph Reed's "Faith and Freedom" pitch on the tube? Ron sounded like an aging, ill-prepared backwoods pastor, offering a list of aphorisms, ending each sentence with a reference to God.

Any comments on Rick Perry's attempt to get all the nation's governors to a prayer meeting, specifically urging Jesus to cure the nation's ills? A know a couple of people in our church who will vote for him for this action . . .

And go to Mother Jones' website to read a transcript of Rick Santorum's blather with Rush Limbaugh . . .

We're gonna need a "None of the Above" blank on the voting machines in '12, at least for those who are simply anti-Obama.
It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry. -- Thomas Paine
Hal Eaton

Previous

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues