[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Osama bin Laden

Osama bin Laden

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Osama bin Laden

Postby Haruo » Sun May 01, 2011 10:05 pm

Just heard the President is about to announce that Osama bin Laden's dead body is in the custody of the US military. Hmm. (Mrs H said, "Can't be him, we don't have his birth certificate.")

More to come no doubt.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Re: Osama bin Laden

Postby ET » Sun May 01, 2011 11:09 pm

The wife and I were watching a PBS documentary about Irena Sendler and others saving 2500 Polish Jews in Warsaw during WWII. Now I have a taste of how many Americans from back then felt when they learned Hitler was dead. Now the modern day version of that evil has been terminated, and served up for the Final Judgement by an American soldier.

I wonder if any of those yahoos in the Middle East who were dancing in the streets and shooting off the AK47s in the days after 9/11 would lend me their AK now? (tic)
I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sun May 01, 2011 11:11 pm

Last edited by Ed Pettibone on Mon May 09, 2011 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ed Pettibone

Postby KeithE » Mon May 02, 2011 1:02 am

Osama bin Laden reportedly had a funeral in Dec 2001 in Pakistan. Look at article to right in light blue background.

All the audios are fake and .

An extensive case for his death long ago is given in

There! Now I can go to bed.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Mon May 02, 2011 5:41 am

The theories begin before he is buried at sea!!!

I have a mix of sickness and rejoicing over this. It is tantamount to what went on with Jesus--rumors / rejoicing / sadness / all the emotions in the human scale.

Alongside it all are warnings of reprisal and more terrorist attacks. It will not be over until it is over in the hearts and mind of those who enjoy terror and killing!

This is more a look into our own hearts and minds: Revenge = sweet / awful. Would a forgiveness approach have benefited anyone? When God says, "Vengence is mine," what does it mean?

Rejoice / cry / kill / heal / oppress / release-----all opposites and all here. For sure, life is not simple!
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby David Flick » Mon May 02, 2011 6:42 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Mon May 02, 2011 7:11 am

Those theories are not "to put bed".

If they would have produced the body, then one aspect of the many incongruencies of 9/11 would have been put to bed. He was buried at sea - how convenient.

Now if the USG wants to put 9/11 to bed, why not release the 46 surveillence tapes taken in and around the Pentagon (not just two very inconclusive ones that show signs of 3 frames taken out)? Why not reelase the contents of 3 black boxes (really orange) recovered by workers near the WTCs? And hundreds more incongruencies.
Last edited by KeithE on Mon May 02, 2011 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Mon May 02, 2011 7:15 am

We all remember the tragedy and sadness of 9/11. As the President said, justice was served. I'm sorry it took ten years to catch him. But I believe it was necessary. He likely was still very involved in master minding current and future threats.

I hope we are a step closer to peace and a step closer to getting out of Afghanistan.
Tim Bonney

Postby William Thornton » Mon May 02, 2011 7:43 am

So long, miscreant. Gotta hand it to Navy Seals for this. Even Obama gets it right on Osama.

Keith will be happy to add to his endless supply of conspiracy stuff.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Mon May 02, 2011 7:58 am

I am glad we finally caught up with him. He learned well from us back in the 1980's. It took the searches of three administrations to find him, because the original attempts were in Clinton's presidency. I'm grateful we were persistent in our search. Unfortunately, wiping out the face of terrorism will still leave us in a dangerous world. I hope we will respond in the future with initiatives to lessen the breeding grounds of terrorists.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Mon May 02, 2011 8:06 am

I love the problem generated when a Democratic President gets the bad guy---and the Republican before him let it happen despite much information and a standing order to force land any hijacked Commercial Aircraft---only stopped by a countermand of that Standing Order!

Now the real question: who and where are the Terrorists of the Economy within the borders of the US?????

I'm of the same opinion about the body of ben Laden---now we only have official reports and pictures to "prove" we got him.

The same was true with Hitler---and theories/speculation abounded then that he just snuck off and went to Argentina!!!

Separating theory from fact is almost impossible. Me and Keith aren't through asking questions of how it happend to start with!
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby KeithE » Mon May 02, 2011 8:23 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Mon May 02, 2011 9:02 am

My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Mon May 02, 2011 10:41 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Mon May 02, 2011 12:17 pm

I have heard on the news, that DNA evidence proves it was OBL's body.

I'll believe that if they allow an independent DNA analysis.

But even then, it says nothing about who did 9/11. OBL could have been in hiding even if totally innocent of 9/11 out of fear.

But truth is I trust the report of his funeral in Dec 2001 by the Egyptian paper as much as the USG announcements today.

But total truth requires hard physical evidence! Such as nanothermate in the WTC rubble (which proves the WTC (all 3 buildings) more demilosihed via exploives), or video showing a 757 flying into the Pentagon - the physical remains are not indicative of such. Likewise debris pattern at Shanksville (over 8 miles long) and the black hole w/o debris at the crash site is more indicative of an explosion onboard before impact.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Mon May 02, 2011 1:26 pm

Sandy

Postby Big Daddy Weaver » Mon May 02, 2011 2:07 pm

I found it interesting last night to read the many many many comments on Facebook from friends, family and many Baptist acquaintances.

I did think it was a little annoying to read so many comments from folks pretending to speak authoritatively about how myself and others should feel upon hearing the news.

I do wish though that Keith would stop with the conspiracy theories here in this particular space. We know what you believe; you know where everyone else stands. Why not just drop it and not make this thread about about that? I think that would be the respectful thing to do.
My book:
My Baptists Today column:
My blog:
Big Daddy Weaver

Postby Blake » Mon May 02, 2011 2:25 pm

I'm with BDW. I was very appreciative of reaction to the news. My Mennonite friends, I think, are being too critical and down on the government in this instance but I'm also not one for celebrating this as many are. I also was appreciative of something McLaren said this morning on , "Joyfully celebrating the killing of a killer who joyfully celebrated killing carries an irony that I hope will not be lost on us. Are we learning anything, or simply spinning harder in the cycle of violence?"
"But for our parts, to take a carnal weapon in our hands, or use the least violence, either to support or pull down the worst, or to set up or maintain the best of men, we look not upon it to be our duty in the least..."
- Henry Adis
Blake

Postby Haruo » Mon May 02, 2011 3:28 pm

A hymn calling us to a more penitent approach:
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Mon May 02, 2011 4:33 pm

When Jesus advocated forgiveness of enemies----Peter was sharpening his sword!!!

Life doesn't really change that much when it comes to vengence. Now we will see how many of his followers try to avenge his death and then we will be just like the Middle East with hatreds---for no good reason---holding grudges even to today after some 2,000 year of previous grudges---all righteously blessed with God Bless Israel.

What troubled me most was the President following the bull overused by Bush = "God Bless Amarca!!!"

Are all the terrorists in the MIddle East OR are some running the oil companies / banks / investment firms these days which have blown up every small business and many individuals on retirement incomes these days----Thinkaboudit!!
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby KeithE » Mon May 02, 2011 9:00 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Big Daddy Weaver » Mon May 02, 2011 10:27 pm

My book:
My Baptists Today column:
My blog:
Big Daddy Weaver

Postby Tim Bonney » Mon May 02, 2011 10:45 pm

Well Keith you called us out so it is your fault if you don't like this. I don't talk about your conspiracy interests much because I just don't care to hurt people's feelings. But I have to agree with BDW. You have a right to your views. But I don't believe that there is any truth in the theories you espouse and I agree that it would be much more appropriate in another thread.
Tim Bonney

Postby David Flick » Tue May 03, 2011 4:45 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Tue May 03, 2011 7:00 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Next

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues