[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Newt Gingrich and Poliical BS!!!

Newt Gingrich and Poliical BS!!!

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Newt Gingrich and Poliical BS!!!

Postby Gene Scarborough » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:09 pm

Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Re: Newt Gingrich and Poliical BS!!!

Postby Jim » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:43 pm

Jim

Postby Gene Scarborough » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:54 pm

Just remember: He's a "no holds barred Republican of the most conservative stripe!!!"

God help a Democratic President!!!!
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby ET » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:51 am

I think if you want to deal in real political BS, you should be discussing "kinetic military action" or Obama's excuse for attacking Libya. Absolutely, positively no national U.S. interest, yet the U.S. supposedly can't turn it's back on the situation there, even though we are "turning a blind eye" on similar situations throughout the rest of the world.

What's going to be interesting, it appears, is that since the Libyan rebels can't seem to make headway with only "NATO" air power to help, will Obama let Ghadafi hang on if he suppresses the revolt? Will the great and noble America (as Obama paints this action) then turn a "blind eye" to whatever befalls those left in Libya?
I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Postby Gene Scarborough » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:07 am

Interesting turns here!!!!

I start with Newt Gingrich and now some of you are hanging our President in effigy!!!! Why did not you guys raise your voices when we invaded Iraq / have never yet found the first WMD / have no clue where Ossama is / still find no way to get out of a place we are not wanted / seem to have backed for many years every regime there which is under political protest from those ruled???????

Methinks you are such die-hard committed Conservative Republicans your memory is way short about the Bush Administration---which seems to have a more than strong connection with Oil!!!! Pay no attention to the ungodly rise in prices at a time we are just starting to recover from the economic crash under WHOSE ADMINISTRATION & WHICH FEDERAL AGENCIES SUPPOSEDLY MONITORING THEIR ACTIVITIES?????

DUH!!!!!
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:09 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Gene Scarborough » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:53 pm

!. Anyone who would criticize President Obama for assuming his role as Commander-In-Chief in a "quick decision" situation has no clue about what power we legislate to the President---way before current days! I think FDR did such when Japan attacked Pearl Harbor. Had the American public not been so non-caring about what the Japanese and Germans had done it would have been done earlier than it was.

2. Our President has not committed us to war against Libya. He is taking a lead in what the United Nations has declared against Gadafi for attacking protesters in his country.

3. The Bush Presidency is going down as an "Imperial Presidency" where Excutive Orders were used over and over. Within a few months Bush extended the Statute of Limitations to double the time existing before the Order. Does this have anything to do with protecting his Republican predecessors?

4. The Florida fiasco was decided by abuse of power by the Secretary of State in Florida while his brother was Governor. Were that disaster handled with less executive power, I'm fairly sure Al Gore would have been the President rather than "Brother George." A former alcoholic is hardly the kind of man who deserves to be elected President of the world's great superpower which, thanks to lack of Federal law enforcement on Wall Street and the Banking Industry under Bush, is already shrinking in it's ability to balance its budget---a red ink situation starting as soon as we attacked Iraq!
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby ET » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:26 am

ET

Postby ET » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:37 am

1) Gene, your view of history is somewhat simplistic. There was a signficant pacifist movement in the 30s and Germany nor Japan posed no immediate threat to the United States at the time. Americans had no interest in "Europe's wars". Not to mention that at that time there was virtually no knowledge of the atrocies of the Germans and Japanese....rumors, scattered reports maybe, but FDR sure couldn't make a case for war based on whatever little evidence he had of those activities.

2) Yes, we know, it's not "war", but "kinetic military action". And taking one's lead form the United Nations on the Libya matter...well, wasn't it not long ago that Libya sat on the Human Rights Commission of the United Nations? Too bad the U.N. wasn't around when the South wanted to secede. Maybe they would have approved miltary action to help them out!! ( :) )

3) Hmmm....a "former alcoholic is hardly the kind of man who deserves to be elected President of the world's great superpower". A man who professes to be a Christian. One of our brothers in Christ, yet you say he is unfit due to something that he struggled with in the past, but was never an issue while President. It would be interesting to see your list of sins from someone's past that disqualify someone from being President, especially when those sins pose no threat to their behavior as President.

4) Still beatin this one to death. Have you not read by now that every single recount variation ever done showed that Bush would have still won? Not even going to spend time on this one.

Oh, and I suggest you do some research about the financial mess. When I was growing up, one had to have 20% down to get a mortgage for a house. You should really look into who changed that practice and the folks behind it. It wasn't under Republicans that sub-prime mortgages were originated or the lending rules relaxed. There's some blame to go around under Bush, but without the relaxing of the traditional rules for a 20% down payment and the creation of 90, 95 and 100% loans for mortgages, we wouldn't be in this mess. Government and politicians created the problem and then want to blame "Wall Street and the Banking Industry" for exploiting it.
ET

Postby Jim » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:50 am

Jim

Postby Gene Scarborough » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:10 am

Man----I sure love pissing off Conservative Republicans with minds made up!!!

So ET---how was it FDR got away with Lend/Lease and the Army Air Corps joining in the German war???

Answer: Executive Powers granted under the Constitution of the United States of America!!!!

If you believe George Bush was such an outstanding Christian, then you are sure to buy some ocean front property in Arizona I have for sale--send me the money today!!!

Check out "W" and see if you get it then---and what was the problem with Florida simply doing a re-vote on paper ballots with print big enough to read by the totally confused old citizens who thought they were voting for Al Gore! Mayor Dailey's Chicago voting machine couldn't beat that one!

Did either of you happen to see the documentary on our Vote-O-Matic machines with a file in the software allowing for someone to change the numbers???? Of course, if you did the almighty trust factor would make you call it a lie! It went your way after all.

The researchers magically found ballots in the dumpster behind Texas and Florida Election Commission warehouses. They compared the print-outs which, by law must be preserved for 7 years, to be badly out of sinc with the reported results. They were "accidentally" thrown away prematurely! Of course Georgie's doubling of time to have access to public records classified as National Security has nothng do with anything either I guess.

Drunks always make the best Abolitionists---as do former smokers with the new PC stuff about smoking in public.
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Jim » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:26 pm

Jim

Postby Gene Scarborough » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:36 pm

Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Sandy » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:33 am

Sandy

Postby Jim » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:10 pm

Jim

Postby Gene Scarborough » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:28 pm

It's pretty obvious we are divided along party lines as is Congress. Where is the middle ground????

I think, with the country in dire straits over its economy and no end in sight, someone better look at the multi-billions spent in the Middle East thus far---yet the price of oil is rising in a rediculous fashion.

What is the problem with presenting the oil cartels with the military bill for our services? Heck, trade it for oil!!! We sit and look with awe at missles going through windows and the middle of buildings, but we need to realize the $1M + cost of each Tomahawk comes out of our pockets.

I am trying to run a small business in the failed economy. Just give me the the price of half a Tomahawk and see if I can't get equipment brought back up to par and the new things I need to run the Tree Surgery business!!!! The cost of a 90' bucket lift I need is $86K compared to $1M for a Tomahawk alone. The cost of a new Raptor is a billion and the fuel needed to fly it is about $10 per gallon consumed by weight at probably some 20+ gallons a minute of supersonic flight.

If Congress had a conscience at all and wanted to help us taxpayers, we would reassess some spending priorities and mind our own business more. Remember how the economy was functioning under the Clinton Administration and compare it to now and your see a major difference. Forget the parties concerned and just get real and get busy saving American from the political greed. Limit terms to 3 for everyone. Put caps on lawsuits. Draft half the lawyers and send them to the Middle East----bet they could mess things up good with court time and get rich on oil money at the same time!!!!
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Hal Eaton » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:51 pm

ET's April 1 post defending Bush's war in Iraq gives us quotes from 15 (!) Congressmen (and others) who forcefully reminded us that the reason for the war was Saddam's development of the dreaded "weapns of mass destruction."

The CIA, that behemoth in DC that operates these days on a secret budget (estimated by some to exceed a trillion bucks) with a secret number of operatives, and expensive (to taxpayers) ties to a number of mercenary-type organizations, was the source of the WMD distortions and misinformation that was the excuse for our entrance into the war.

20/20 hindsight can never change the past, but secretive self-serving bombast from politicos, TV reporters (commentators?), and presidential candidate wannabes proves the absence of statesmen qualified for the job. (I wish I had recorded the news report when one of the cute blond anchors on Faux news referred to Obama's Libyan decision as "incompetent.")

I well remember the America Firsters from 1940-41 who believed in stayng out of "Europe's wars." My wife's parents were committed members. The organization collapsed on Dec. 7, 1941, for some reason . . .
It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry. -- Thomas Paine
Hal Eaton

Postby ET » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:09 pm

Gene, when you start recommending history lessons from Oliver Stone or anyone else in Hollywood, you show yourself to be unconcerned with anything historically accurate and look just plain silly.

I made no comments on the quality of the relationship that Bush had with the Lord Jesus, but apparently you can make such a judgement. I was simply pointing out that the man professes to be a brother in Christ and has admitted the demons he faced and claims that it was his faith in Christ that helped him overcome them. Yet you deem him unfit for office. Quite unChristian of you in my opinion as the issue of alcoholism was never a concern during his tenure.

Sandy, I'll be happy to caution anyone, as long as you can put them in the appropriate bucket based on the use of terms here: "ultra right wing", "extreme right wing", "far right" or "reg'lar right wing". :wink: If you get all the right Congresspeople in the right category, you win a prize. :lol:

Hal, sorry , but many of those DEMOCRATs I quoted would have been privy to the classified info used to make the decision. If you're going to assert that the CIA manufactured stuff to lead us into war and so easily deceived such a large number of people making that decision for war, then I wonder why any of us should place any faith in just about anything government does. If there are elements corrupt enough to fool so many politicians, then there's little doubt that any increase in handing over more of our lives --- health care, for instance -- for them to control and dictate is sheer idiocy.

And from history, how many know that one of the main reasons that the Allies decided to dispatch with Germany first was that there was fear that Germany was close to getting a nuclear weapon? Turned out they were not so close as thought, but doesn't mean anyone was trying to deceive someone about it. The facts remain that Saddam Hussein violated the conditions of the '91 cease fire and continued to ignore U.N. resolutions. If they're not going to enforce their proclamations, then the U.N. needs to shut up and close its doors and save the American taxpayer a lot of money that is wasted on it.
ET

Postby Gene Scarborough » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:44 pm

ET, my brother---

So tell me where we DO find the truth?

*In Gorgie's autobiography?
*In "Worse than Watergate"---written by a Nixon insider / dedicated Republican?
*In Oliver Stone who has done a pretty good job on Viet Nam and JFK?

So do you also cut out the parts of King David's story which brings reproach and a clear showing of his feet of clay?

Sorry, but I just don't buy it that Bush had nothing to do with a spoiled election / the crash of Wall Street, banking, auto industry / involvement in a Middle East War producing no Ossama nor WMD / a "red ink" budget----just how far does it have to go to convince you we just might have been had??????? Oil has nothing to do with anything either.

Of course, it was those "evil" Democrats and Obama who did it all!!!!! How simple life is--and I'm so sorry I didn't notice the angel wings and halo in the Oval Office. Stupid me!!!!
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby ET » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:09 pm

ET

Postby Jim » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:34 am

Jim

Postby Sandy » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:40 pm

Sandy

Postby Gene Scarborough » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:47 pm

ET & Jim---

I just asked where you got your information = no response.

Should I assume the Tea Party called you to get your hot and bothered over Obama?????
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Gene Scarborough » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:59 am

Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues