[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Global Warming Thread XII

Global Warming Thread XII

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Re: Global Warming Thread XII

Postby Mrs Haruo » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:30 am

Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Postby David Flick » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:57 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:24 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Ed Edwards » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:40 pm

Brian M (on another venue): // Back in the late 1990's I was a AGW believer. After doing some research and having a background in meteorology and astronomy I find that this man made global warming theory doesn't hold water. I did MY own research \\

In the middle 1970s I did my own research (I was the Univeristy of OKlahma /OU/ attending Electrical Engineering College) into the problems with burning half the world's oil in 100 years (the earth did it in the last 60 years). When i retired as a Software Quality Engineer in 2006 I studied Global Warming - an exact fit to my earlier research. I believe in AGW, it seems obvious. And arguing against it seems as foolish as arguing in favor of the Year Zero between BC (Before Christ) and AD (Anna Dominia - year of Our Lord). Sorry, the rest of the world is using the definition that there is NO YEAR ZERO: 01 Jan 0001 AD is the day after 31 Dec BC 0001. It just is not a matter of opinion.

Opinion comes in to what we arught to be doing as citizens of earth to mitigate the continuing deaths due to Human Caused Global Warming.

Check this page out:

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/global/2010/13
:angel:
( for the physical Millennial Messianic Reign of Jesus )

-- Ed Edwards, AGW Dude
(AGW = Anthropogenic Global Warming)
Ed Edwards

Postby KeithE » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:52 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:58 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Ed Edwards » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:47 pm

Somehow the letter 'r' strayed into my last post as the second letter of the word "aught". This stray letter does not negate 100% of my post.

-- Ed Edwards, AGW Dude
Ed Edwards

Postby Ed Edwards » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:53 am

I wrote this on another venue:

Tee Hee, when I typed these three posts, the BGEA = Billy Graham Evangelistic Association was the 'sponsor'. I used to work (no pay) for the BGEA back in 1968-1969. Billy was trying to save everybody in the world from eternal damnation ...in a Fiery Hell to eternal blessings in Heaven. If you want to know how to do that, I know (send me a private communication). But it has nothing to do with AGW. Strangely, in the USA about 60% of 'evangelistic christians' seems to be Republicans who do not believe in AGW but do believe they are going to heaven when they die.

I am an 'evangelistic christian', registered Republican (that may change if they cannot figure out the truth of AGW and what we aught to do about it). I think the Christian thing to do would be to leave the world to the people left behind when I leave. AGW is a fact; the rest of this post is my opinion (or personal testimony).

That venue was:
Never mind, the venue would be offensive to folk sensitive to four letter words describing bodily functions. If you want to know, you know how to contact me privately

I wonder how many will want me to witness the gospel to them?
I bet you more than would in this forum, eh?

-

-- Ed Edwards, AGW Dude
Ed Edwards

Postby Jim » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:25 am

EE: I think the Christian thing to do would be to leave the world to the people left behind when I leave.

J: Egad! I didn’t know you could take the world with you when you leave. Actually, it would seem to be easier just to take the people with you and not leave them behind. That might be more Christian unless, of course, you wind up where global warming would seem like the North Pole by comparison.
Jim

Postby David Flick » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:18 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:42 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:21 am

This is what then-campaigner Obama said in January 2008 as reported in the San Francisco Chronicle: “Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket. Even regardless of what I say about whether coal is good or bad. Because I’m capping greenhouse gases, coal power plants, you know, natural gas, you name it — whatever the plants were, whatever the industry was, uh, they would have to retrofit their operations. That will cost money. They will pass that money on to consumers.”

Translated, this means that Obama meant to CHANGE this country by bankrupting it and making the citizens, also facing bankruptcy, subservient in every way to government. It is apparent to everyone now except the alarmists and the truthers that claims regarding manmade climate-change comprised a major tool to be used in the process. Citizens are learning in huge numbers now that manmade global warming has been a monstrous hoax, a total fraud perpetrated by one-world-government politicians like Obama, who must have delusions of grandeur concerning his place in that UN-driven attempt to rule the world, especially using and depleting the assets of the U.S. But we can take comfort in the fact that Obama has meditated upon whether coal is good or bad. Egad!
Jim

Postby KeithE » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:13 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:36 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:29 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Ed Edwards » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:46 pm

I have signed up for 30 hours of CASA Training. CASA = Court Appointed Special Advocates, it is a voulenteer position with the County in which I live, providing special, one at a time, Advocates for Children in the County Children and Youth Court System.

-- Ed, the 67yo (yo=years old) GREEN.
Save the Earth for the Children & Grandchildren

-

-- Ed Edwards, AGW Dude
Ed Edwards

Postby David Flick » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:56 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:50 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Ed Edwards » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:58 pm

Thermageddon 2030?

New AGW term of the week: "Thermaggeddon".
I guess it comes from a combination of "thermal" and "Armaggeddon" (AKA: Battle of Har-megiddo, the Mount of Megiddo).
Strangely, Megiddo is a town in the middle of a valley (low place) not on a "har" (mount of ... ). The nearest mountain
is Called Mount Carmel on the current Israel/Lebanon border.

-- Ed Edwards, AGW Dude
Ed Edwards

Postby Ed Edwards » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:03 pm

Elder Brother David sez: // If I were to pray about the matter, I would pray that the alarmists come to their senses and realize that their irrational fear of an imaginary catastrophic event will abate. \\

I have no fear of either Har-megiddo (AKA: Armegeddon) nor any other final battle between the forces of Good and the forces of Evil. I have "an Ace in the Hole" called Messiah Yeshua. Glory to the Lord -- Praise be to Jesus. Amen!

Here is what I hope for:

-

-- Ed Edwards, AGW Dude
Ed Edwards

Postby KeithE » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:11 pm

David,

You replies as so idiotic and full of bluster, I'm not going to respond. As an example of your misunderstanding the bar chart was (as I pointed out) trends in C/decade not absolute temps and all of those trends are greater than earth has ever experienced even during deglaciation period by factors of 6.

Have a good life. CHINMOKU. Last statement from me on GW on BL.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:38 pm

Dear Flick,

That’s twice I know of that you’ve been called an idiot by the same person. Join the idiot club. I’m an idiot to the eighth power and rapidly expanding. You’ll have to work to catch up.

Ol’ Flick has been identified
As idiot again,
He thinks the world is codified
As cool, not hot as sin.

The truthers know that hot ain’t cool
And so they turn real green
And figure Flick is, too, a fool –
Denier…well, obscene!
Jim

Postby David Flick » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:49 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Ed Edwards » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:40 pm

Adrian (on another venue, Adrian is a Native American in Canada: // The industry of climate science denial is succeeding: public acceptance has declined even as the scientific evidence for global warming has increased. \\

I recgonize this demon. It is the same demon that caused some missionary pale faces to believe "Science is wrong about the 'one human race' " and teach "The only good indian is a Dead Indian". That demon caused 3 Million + North American Indians to die "to clense the land". North America still cries from that attempted genocide.

-- Ed Edwards, AGW Dude
Ed Edwards

Postby Ed Edwards » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:46 pm

http://www.npwd.org/new_page_2.htm

// Water-bearing areas of the Ogallala Formation are hydraulically connected except where the Canadian River has partially or totally eroded through the formation to separate the North and South Plains. \\...
I live within 2Km (1.2mi) of the (South) Canadian River. I have lived all my life (save when in the Military) within 20 miles of one of the atwo Candadian Rivers. That would be 63 of my 67 years. Except Borger, Amarillo, McLean, and Wellington in Texas; and Elk City in Oklahoma -- did not live on the Ogallala Aquifer (on top of Permian baserock. This area where I have lived collected fossil fuel as well as water or at least the last 300,000 years. The Ogallala water is probably 40% gone; the oil/etc. 90% gone. the area between the two Canadian Rivers (they meet in Eastern Oklahoma USA at Lake Eufaula) I think (this is an opinon) produdce 4% of the earth's wheat. The Ogallala Formations irrigate 11% of the earth's wheat.
Even if you are vegatatian, you eat bread, eh?

-- Ed Edwards, AGW Dude
Ed Edwards

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues