[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Tea Party Expose: Tom Ehrich in the Baptist Standard

Tea Party Expose: Tom Ehrich in the Baptist Standard

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Tea Party Expose: Tom Ehrich in the Baptist Standard

Postby Sandy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:45 am

http://www.baptiststandard.com/index.ph ... 7&Itemid=9

Ehrich's experience at the Corpus Christi airport with the Tea Party supporter doesn't appear to be uncommon. In the few places where I've seen Tea Party promotions going on here in this area, the proponents are all white, and there's always a racial undertone in their handouts or the speeches that are going on. Their overall effectiveness depends on their self-appointed leadership denouncing that sort of thing, and that doesn't appear to be happening. Rather, the speakers and rally leaders they attract seem to be more inclined to pander to the prejudices of their audience.

Did Sarah Palin actually make a statement about Nancy Pelosi being in the crosshairs of a rifle scope?

Of course, there will be those who step up to claim that this isn't the "mainstream" of the movement, or that Ehrich is just another "misguided liberal" and dismiss him with that label. But the evidence seems to be coming in from all quarters to support what he says in this piece.
Sandy

Re: Tea Party Expose: Tom Ehrich in the Baptist Standard

Postby Dave Roberts » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:03 pm

It is a well-written and quite analytical piece. Thank you for the link. The hunger for simple answers in a complex world is one that grows because complexity demands a lot more thought and study than most of us want to give it. It's not easy dealing with a world that isn't like the one in which we grew up, but that's the reality. Change is exponential, and we as Christians are called to be the presence of Christ in complexity just as surely as in simplicity. The theme song for the Tea Party should be Rascal Flat's "I Miss Mayberry."
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby ET » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:47 pm

I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Postby Sandy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:02 pm

Wow, ET, that's about as convoluted, twisted, and completely unrelated to the topic argument as I have ever seen you put up here. Did you read the Ehrich article, or did Rush Limbaugh light your wood today?
Sandy

Postby Haruo » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:13 pm

I think the conversation/argument between clhess and Moderate Fundamentalist in the comment thread is more interesting than the original article.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby ET » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:19 pm

ET

Postby KeithE » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:32 pm

Last edited by KeithE on Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:09 am

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:53 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:31 am

Sandy

Postby Gary » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:33 am

Gary

Postby Haruo » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:50 am

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby ET » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:21 pm

ET

Postby KeithE » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:57 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Populism of the Privileged

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:41 pm

"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Immigrants and Amnesty

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:46 pm

KeithE:

Bring a Task force from Weatherly Heights; or from CBF of Alabama to Collinsville after you read

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article ... 06,00.html

It's not as cut and dried as you think it is.

No perfect formula but I think you will find some folks at churches all around NE alabama who would be willing to be advocate for amnesty for Hispanics they have come to know who have been exemplary citizens in their neighborhoods and schools.

Would be one way for Light Skinned Alabama Baptists to Incarnate some learning curve from Martin King and Judge Frank Johnson.
Way past time to have the conversation in earnest about what really does the Gospel say in this matter; though I know there are no perfect political remedies.
I just think your No Amnesty conviction is a very low bar.

Stephen Fox

Postby ET » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:55 pm

ET

Postby ET » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:59 pm

Last edited by ET on Wed May 19, 2010 10:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
ET

Alarms at NYbooks

Postby Stephen Fox » Sun May 16, 2010 8:28 pm

Stephen Fox

Tea Party and Shay's Rebellion

Postby Stephen Fox » Sat May 29, 2010 7:00 pm

Stephen Fox

Nikki Haley

Postby Stephen Fox » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:27 am

Stephen Fox

Tea Paty, NAACP and Race

Postby Stephen Fox » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:49 am

Stephen Fox

Re: Tea Paty, NAACP and Race

Postby Jim » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:09 pm

Jim

Nikki Haley 15 point lead

Postby Stephen Fox » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:09 pm

Stephen Fox

New Gingrich and Flawwed Tea Party Views of the Constitution

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:56 pm

I didn't see it but got reports of New showing his Hiney again on talk shows over the weekend in re President Obama and Egypt.
Somebody needs to get Newt a Cam Newton Auburn Shirt that Reads: Yes We Can.

google the Jill Lepore New Yorker article: The Commandments about Originalism

Stephen Fox

Next

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues