[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Obama is coming to town

Obama is coming to town

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Obama is coming to town

Postby Michael » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:23 pm

President Obama will be here in Iowa City tomorrow, his first stop after signing the health care legislation into law. It was here in 2007 that new candidate Obama first outlined ideas for health care reform. A little symbolism amidst the politics.

My wife, just for fun, put in for tickets to the event and, lo and behold, she was selected! She and our 11-year old son will attend the gathering. Neither has seen a US (or otherwise) president live and in-person before. Seeing a President is the draw for them. Expecting 3000 or so crammed into the old UI Field House. I'm looking forward to hearing their reactions to the whole event. I'll be leaving work early to pick up the other two kids from school and will listen on the bus ride home.

My wife's parents are very conservative-leaning in politics - no, way to the right side of the dial. We joked that they'll be watching this down in Corpus Christi (on Fox News, of course), and snarling about Obama when the camera pans the crowd and they see their daughter and grandson in attendance! Good way to get written out of the will..... :lol:
Michael
"Is this heaven?"
"No, it's Iowa."
"Iowa? I could have sworn this was heaven."
Michael

Re: Obama is coming to town

Postby KeithE » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:59 pm

Congratulatiosn. Hopefully the will is not affected.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Jonathan » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:45 am

"There is a simple way to get corporate money out of politics: get the government out of our lives and economic affairs. If government has no favors to sell, no one will spend money trying to win them." - John Stossel
Jonathan

Postby ET » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:02 pm

Last edited by ET on Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Postby Michael » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:40 pm

ET,

You need to check your vision. My post noted my wife's parents and their grandson. At least you know you'll have eye care coverage. :D
Michael
"Is this heaven?"
"No, it's Iowa."
Michael

Postby Mark » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:52 pm

Mark

Postby KeithE » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:07 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby ET » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:14 am

ET

Postby ET » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:50 pm

ET

Postby KeithE » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:47 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Michael » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:37 pm

Michael
"Is this heaven?"
"No, it's Iowa."
Michael

Postby David Flick » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:19 pm

Great photo, Michael! I'm sure that Schyler will never forget that experience. Only a small percentage of the population have an opportunity to see a sitting POTSU...
. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby ET » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:40 pm

ET

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues