[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - November election predictions

November election predictions

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

November election predictions

Postby William Thornton » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:17 am

Might as well have an easy place to remember what folks here are so sure about happening in November.

Sandy wrote:
I believe the Democrats will retain their control of both houses of congress with room to spare.

William Thornton wrote:
I'll predict that the Dems will lose control of the House but I'll wait on making predictions on the Senate.

Any more will be added.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Re: November election predictions

Postby Dave Roberts » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:07 am

We have to remember, "All politics is local." The way to get re-elected in most districts is not about how you voted in some issue or other. The issue to lots of voters is how well you bring home the pork. If in doubt, read the records of Jesse Helms, Strom Thurmond, and Robert Byrd.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Kaylor » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:56 pm

Doesn't seem too likely that Republicans can take control of the Senate. Numbers just are not there since only one-third of Senate is up for grabs any year. This year there are 36 seats up with 18 each currently held by both sides. That means Republicans would have to hold all of their own and win more than half of the Democrats' seats to get a majority. The problem for Republicans is that many of the seats are not even that competitive (i.e., Vermont, Connecticut, Maryland, 2 in New York, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington, and California). In addition to those pretty easy wins, Democrats will likely keep others and might even take a Republican seat or two. Republicans will probably get a net gain of 4 or 5 seats but that's only half of what they need.
Kaylor

Postby KeithE » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:23 pm

My prediction and hope is that there will be at least 10 newly elected Independents in the House and 2 in the Senate.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Howard V » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:42 am

As KeithE wished, some independents might help. As for the Democrats who voted for this health care debacle, my wish is that a significant number of then will be unceremoniously tossed out of congress by a majority vote in their district [I'll take a majority vote of just 3, or even 1 vote to throw them out]. I'm hoping for a good backlash and a change to a new direction.

Howard
Last edited by Howard V on Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Howard V

Postby Haruo » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:21 am

Please don't wish violence on anyone on this forum, Howard. Choose another word. Don't contribute to the further deterioration of civility. Please.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Howard V » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:34 pm

OK, will "forcefully" be a better choice? Or how about "decisively" or "vigorously" or "expeditiously."If any of these words make you happier please feel free to substitute one of them for the offensive word. [Once something is posted I have no idea how to change it.] However, I still view their vote as an act of v------- toward the American people. And I'm not trying to be uncivil.

Howard
Howard V

Postby Haruo » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:19 pm

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Howard V » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:19 pm

Sorry. I tried - as best as I understood what you said to do - but it did not work. Then I tried to replace the v word by typing in another word and submitting it. But that did not work either. Anyone who reads this is welcome to edit out the bad v word [if you know how]. I still do not know how apparently.

Happy birthday!

Howard
Howard V

Postby Howard V » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:21 pm

Hey! Maybe it did work. But I'm still not sure how it is done.

Howard
Howard V

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues