[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - FAUX (Fox) News

FAUX (Fox) News

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

FAUX (Fox) News

Postby Joseph Patrick » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:52 pm

From Gerry Milligan...I am aware that FOX news bills itself as "Fair and Balanced" news. Today, when Jake Tapper and Chris Matthews were spending most of their hour talking about the Whistle Blower and the ramifications toward our country's national security, I switched over to FOX to see how they were spinning this story. Tucker Carlson led with the following: 1. A 15-minute piece about the student-led climate demonstration. Only, according to Carlson, it was adult-led and the adult leading it was AOC. Yeah, right, AOC influenced students in Cairo, Frankfort, and London (among others) 2. A five-minute piece about how Hungary was promoting family life with increased marriages, births and lower abortions, 3. A five-minute piece about how that fine, clean-cut patriot, General Flynn was being mistreated and a final story of an airplane crash, somewhere. That was all of the "Fair and Balanced" news I could stand and turned to ABC nightly news. Who, other than ultra right-wingers actually believe such drivel?
Joseph Patrick

Re: FAUX (Fox) News

Postby William Thornton » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:54 am

Carlson is a pundit, not a news guy, and his show is opinion. Learn something here. You may be experiencing TDS. You can get help for that.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:33 am

I watch Fox News, Bret Baier, about once a week. They had coverage of the issue last evening with two of their panel giving very strong cautions about the impropriety of the actions if true. But...I don't suppose facts matter when you don't know the difference between a news program and an opinion program.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Joseph Patrick » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:20 am

Joseph Patrick

Postby Haruo » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:16 am

What does it mean to read something to read something "on voices"? Did you ask Alexa to read it aloud, or what? William is correct about news vs. opinion, it's the difference between the front page headline and the Op-Ed page, but now the spatial arrangement and font sizes tend to be reversed. And reporters'/editors' biases always color reporting, prioritizing, and trimming, always have, always will, at Fox, CNN, the NYT, or the Union Leader. Always takes me back to Bobby Kennedy.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:06 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:43 am

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:57 am

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues