Cartoon goes viral, artist fired

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Cartoon goes viral, artist fired

Postby Sandy » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:31 pm

https://www.unilad.co.uk/news/canadian- ... ad-bodies/

None of the American news sources I read carried the cartoon, at least not that I noticed. The cartoonist lost his job, though the company with whom he had a contract say the cartoon had nothing to do with it. It's hard to tell, really, A majority of Canadians dislike Trump pretty strongly so perhaps it is as they say, the decision was made and the cartoon's popularity is just a coincidence.

What's happening to refugees and asylum seekers at the border is no joke. This administration is deliberately creating a crisis and Trump is reveling in the hardships of those attempting to save their families by fleeing to the US. The cartoon may be in poor taste, but the cartoonist certainly captured the attitude that Trump is conveying.
Sandy
Sandy
 
Posts: 9439
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:10 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Cartoon goes viral, artist fired

Postby David Flick » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:01 am

Sandy wrote:https://www.unilad.co.uk/news/canadian- ... ad-bodies/

None of the American news sources I read carried the cartoon, at least not that I noticed. The cartoonist lost his job, though the company with whom he had a contract say the cartoon had nothing to do with it. It's hard to tell, really, A majority of Canadians dislike Trump pretty strongly so perhaps it is as they say, the decision was made and the cartoon's popularity is just a coincidence.

What's happening to refugees and asylum seekers at the border is no joke. This administration is deliberately creating a crisis and Trump is reveling in the hardships of those attempting to save their families by fleeing to the US. The cartoon may be in poor taste, but the cartoonist certainly captured the attitude that Trump is conveying.

    When liberals praise cartoons like this one, you know they are ignorantly short of reality. If you think Canadians dislike Trump, you don't recognize the attitude and demeanor of the American IHhateTrumpers. They are literally blinded by hate toward the President. I believe the entire Mueller investigation will go down in flames. Mueller and his merry band of Hillary Democrat minions will rue the day they ever started the investigation. Mueller himself declared Trump to be innocent of Russia collusion. Yet Adam "Pencil Neck" Shiff is attempting to keep the investigation going. For the 5th time, no less! What a lunatic he is...

    I predict Mueller and his gang will pay heavy consequences for destroying the lives of innocent people and attempting to pull off the crazy soft coup. It certainly ain't gonna be a pretty picture...
User avatar
David Flick
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8476
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:55 pm
Location: Oklahoma City, OK

Re: Cartoon goes viral, artist fired

Postby Haruo » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:39 am

I don't know how much of the Mueller report you have read, David, but your statement suggests you haven't read much of it. And the (false) notion, repeatedly promoted by the President himself, that Mueller declared Trump innocent of collusion shows that you have bought the President's misinterpretation (which I don't think Trump himself believes, though I think he's glad you do) of both the purpose of the investigation and of its findings. Mueller, in spite of what you wrote here, did not initiate the investigation, and thus ought not to be held liable for doing so. He was appointed to the task by his superiors in the United States government. I suppose I hold all these notions because I'm a liberal or something. (Saving you the trouble of having to type up that indictment.) Also, you never explained how one's grasp or lack thereof of IHhateTrumpism has any bearing on Canadians' opinion of the guy, which to my impression is generally negative.
Haruo (呂須•春男) = ᎭᎷᎣ = Leland Bryant Ross
Repeal the language taxLearn and use Esperanto
Fremont Baptist ChurchMy hymnblog
User avatar
Haruo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 12804
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:21 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Cartoon goes viral, artist fired

Postby William Thornton » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:07 am

Haven't heard much about the mueller report lately. Dems in a search mode for something that might work. Try the ballot box.

Zzzz
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog, SBC Plodder
User avatar
William Thornton
Site Admin
 
Posts: 12404
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Atlanta

Re: Cartoon goes viral, artist fired

Postby Dave Roberts » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:38 am

William Thornton wrote:Haven't heard much about the mueller report lately. Dems in a search mode for something that might work. Try the ballot box.

Zzzz


I have overheard the discussion by Democratic stalwarts of using the Mueller Report to bring impeachment articles in the House about 10 days before the election following the model of the Comey assassination of Hillary. Then the Senate would either have to choose to campaign since most will be out of town to do that, or come back and deal with the articles. Interesting scenario?
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
User avatar
Dave Roberts
Site Admin
 
Posts: 7551
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:01 pm
Location: Southside, VA

Re: Cartoon goes viral, artist fired

Postby Sandy » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:06 am

David Flick wrote: When liberals praise cartoons like this one, you know they are ignorantly short of reality. If you think Canadians dislike Trump, you don't recognize the attitude and demeanor of the American IHhateTrumpers. They are literally blinded by hate toward the President. I believe the entire Mueller investigation will go down in flames. Mueller and his merry band of Hillary Democrat minions will rue the day they ever started the investigation. Mueller himself declared Trump to be innocent of Russia collusion. Yet Adam "Pencil Neck" Shiff is attempting to keep the investigation going. For the 5th time, no less! What a lunatic he is...

I predict Mueller and his gang will pay heavy consequences for destroying the lives of innocent people and attempting to pull off the crazy soft coup. It certainly ain't gonna be a pretty picture...


If you're going to talk about Mueller, you probably need to read at little about his background and take a look at the report that his investigation produced. If you'd done that, you wouldn't have posted such a laughable, false statement. You are literally blinded by hatred toward Hillary. Enjoy Trump while he lasts. Maybe he'll invite you to one of his parties with the communist dictators he serves. He's toast.

We do need a "laugh my rear off" or at least a ROFL smilie on here.
Sandy
Sandy
 
Posts: 9439
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:10 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Cartoon goes viral, artist fired

Postby Joseph Patrick » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:48 pm

What's happening to refugees and asylum seekers at the border is no joke. This administration is deliberately creating a crisis and Trump is reveling in the hardships of those attempting to save their families by fleeing to the US. The cartoon may be in poor taste, but the cartoonist certainly captured the attitude that Trump is conveying.

David Flick wrote:
    "When liberals praise cartoons like this one, you know they are ignorantly short of reality. If you think Canadians dislike Trump, you don't recognize the attitude and demeanor of the American IHhateTrumpers. They are literally blinded by hate toward the President. I believe the entire Mueller investigation will go down in flames. Mueller and his merry band of Hillary Democrat minions will rue the day they ever started the investigation.[b] Mueller himself declared Trump to be innocent of Russia collusion." From Gerry Milligan...David, I did not read in the Muller Report that our draft-dodging president was innocent. What was said that there was not enough evidence to exonerate him.

    I' predict Mueller and his gang will pay heavy consequences for destroying the lives of innocent people and attempting to pull off the crazy soft coup. It certainly ain't gonna be a pretty picture...'A final question, what innocent lives are being destroyed. The only innocent lives being destroyed are on the Southern borders of the USA.
When Bill Clinton lied, no one died...
Joseph Patrick
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:53 am
Location: Portland, OR


Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests