Pro Lifers?

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Pro Lifers?

Postby Joseph Patrick » Tue May 14, 2019 3:32 pm

From Gerry Milligan...I do hope that I am wrong, but it seems that the Right Wing Pro-Lifers are spoiling for a war with either Iran or Venezuela (At least if one of the biggest supporters of the wars with Iraq and Afghanistan - John Bolton gets his way again). Where does war enter into the psyche of pro-lifers?
Joseph Patrick

Re: Pro Lifers?

Postby Haruo » Tue May 14, 2019 3:59 pm

Is Bolton heavily into anti-reproductive-freedom stuff? I only think of him in connection with saber-rattling.
Haruo (呂須•春男) = ᎭᎷᎣ = Leland Bryant Ross
Repeal the language taxLearn and use Esperanto
Fremont Baptist ChurchMy hymnblog
Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Joseph Patrick » Tue May 14, 2019 4:29 pm

Haruo wrote:Is Bolton heavily into anti-reproductive-freedom stuff? I only think of him in connection with saber-rattling.

From Gerry Milligan...Haruo, I probably lump right-wingers into the single issue voter group, so that is the reason for my question, "How can you anti-abortion single issue voters support war?"
When Bill Clinton lied, no one died...
Joseph Patrick

Postby Rvaughn » Tue May 14, 2019 7:35 pm

Those who have thought it through probably hold to some type of Just War Theory.

As for me, without casting aspersions on those who differ, as a Christian I can't see the logic or propriety of killing people in a war for "political" reasons. Self-defense I can comprehend.
Rvaughn

Postby Joseph Patrick » Tue May 14, 2019 8:57 pm

From Gerry Milligan...Another thought, many of those right-wing pro-lifers are adamantly opposed to gun control. I cannot wrap my mind around these two obvious contradictions.
Joseph Patrick

Postby Sandy » Wed May 15, 2019 11:05 am

Joseph Patrick wrote:From Gerry Milligan...Another thought, many of those right-wing pro-lifers are adamantly opposed to gun control. I cannot wrap my mind around these two obvious contradictions.

There is a huge difference between being "pro-life," and just being opposed to abortion. Most of the smack talking politically oriented anti-abortion advocates could care less about protecting life. They are the same folks who shriek out "Shoot them" when Trump asks questions at his rallies about what he should do with illegal aliens or the media.
Sandy
Sandy

Postby Haruo » Wed May 15, 2019 10:52 pm

Found on Facebook - Sharia, Alabama style

Maybe this is what Pat Robertson saw that made him say the Alabama law was "too ... extreme". But it's an exaggeration. The prison term can be a short as ten years, leaving the girl with many years in which to bear more babies.
Haruo (呂須•春男) = ᎭᎷᎣ = Leland Bryant Ross
Repeal the language taxLearn and use Esperanto
Fremont Baptist ChurchMy hymnblog
Haruo
Site Admin

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues