NFL

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

NFL

Postby Joseph Patrick » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:49 pm

From Gerry Milligan...
As a former Oklahoman who's three children went to Oklahoma University I am more than a little incensed that president bone spur chose to call and congratulate a caucasian white supremacist for being selected second in the NFL draft while ignoring the African American Heisman winner who was selected as the first NFL draftee. The president's apologists swear that president bone spur is not a racist. One of the many GOP untruths.
Joseph Patrick

Re: NFL

Postby Haruo » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:15 pm

I missed this story entirely. Who's the white supremacist?
Haruo (呂須•春男) = ᎭᎷᎣ = Leland Bryant Ross
Repeal the language taxLearn and use Esperanto
Fremont Baptist ChurchMy hymnblog
Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Rvaughn » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:27 pm

Haruo wrote:I missed this story entirely. Who's the white supremacist?
I don't follow the NFL draft either, and had not heard about Trump congratulating the second round pick. I looked on ESPN and found that Kyler Murray of Oklahoma was the first round pick and Nick Bosa of Ohio State was the second round pick. Their pictures online suggest the first is African-American and the second is Caucasian. Gerry/Joseph, what is the evidence that Nick Bosa is a white supremacist?
Rvaughn

Postby Joseph Patrick » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 pm

Nick Bosa of Ohio State who was the second overall pick, drafted by San Francisco 49's had to delete many of his postings. Being retired I need to do more than watch ESPN. Anyway, try googling Nick Bosa.
Joseph Patrick

Postby Joseph Patrick » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:35 pm

Rvaughn wrote:
I don't follow the NFL draft either, and had not heard about Trump congratulating the second round pick. I looked on ESPN and found that Kyler Murray of Oklahoma was the first round pick and Nick Bosa of Ohio State was the second round pick. Their pictures online suggest the first is African-American and the second is Caucasian. Gerry/Joseph, what is the evidence that Nick Bosa is a white supremacist?

Nick Bosa of Ohio State who was the second overall pick, drafted by San Francisco 49's had to delete many of his postings. Being retired I need to do more than watch ESPN. Anyway, try googling Nick Bosa.
Joseph Patrick

Postby Haruo » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:32 pm

I don't know that he's a white supremacist. If you wanted to say I was one, you could probably find a few posts and likes on FB (less likely on Twitter) that, out of context or interpreting the thumb-up Like symbol as "agreed", appeared to support the notion. And it looks to me like that's what the case against Bosa amounts to. I
Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:34 pm

He*does* appear to be a Trump supporter, but the brush that makes that proof of white supremacism is way too broad for me or for the good of the nation.
Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Rvaughn » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:42 pm

Joseph Patrick wrote:Nick Bosa of Ohio State who was the second overall pick, drafted by San Francisco 49's had to delete many of his postings. Being retired I need to do more than watch ESPN. Anyway, try googling Nick Bosa.
I don't have that much interest in the matter, and have plenty of other things to do.
Rvaughn

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues