[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Corrupt republicans

Corrupt republicans

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Corrupt republicans

Postby Stephen Fox » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:52 pm

"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Corrupt republicans

Postby Haruo » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:01 pm

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:03 pm

Dang. Politicians exercising power. Shocking.

And, Stephen, you did see my comment about having a conversaiton with Billy Stonewall Birt, son of Billy Sunday Birt?
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:08 pm

I have to give credit where it is due, sometimes Stephen comes up with some top notch stuff. William's response confirms that the content of this piece is spot-on.

My Dad was never much on political discussion in public, but since we lived in Arizona, it was hard to avoid the topic of Barry Goldwater and his run for the presidency in 1964. I remember he and his car pool buddy talking about how unbelievable it was that the GOP would nominate a thief and a crook and a godless atheist like Goldwater for President. I remember him saying something to the effect that he thought it was a major embarassment for the state of Arizona to share giving its electoral votes to Goldwater with the likes of states like Mississippi, Louisiana and South Carolina. My Dad didn't like Goldwater's racist, anti-civil rights views, but he was both a long time Union man and a Baptist deacon, and he cared even less for Goldwater's anti-labor stance. The only picket line I ever knew that my Dad participated in was when unions joined together to boycott Goldwater's department stores because of their low wages.

This is a great article and a good history lesson. Republicans have trouble winning elections in which a majority of votes is required. This isn't politicians behaving like politicians, this is a corruption of a constitutional republic. If the solution is waking up to the problem and the Democrats winning elections to make the changes, they got an excellent start on that in November. With Trump's help, it will be a complete Democratic sweep in 2020.
Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:08 am

Sandy's predictions on 2020 may be right but has past record of such doesn't give one much confidence.

If dems can separate themselves from the failed pols of the past and the geezers hanging on in the present they may do well. Somehow faux-Pocahontas hasn't inspired even the elitist masses. Beto got beat. Bernie and Biden fail the drool test. Hil would be the republicans dream candidate.

I'm guessing some dark horse democratic candidate will emerge.

It will be fun and interesting and it starts soon.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:15 am

I still think the two best Democratic candidates might be Tammy Duckworth and Corrie Booker. Duckworth because she could carry the votes of veterans and Booker because he is able to articulate clearly understandable visions.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:27 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:08 pm

Sandy

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues