Page 1 of 1

500+ Law Professors Agree

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:11 pm
by KeithE
Kavanaugh's Testimony Was ‘Disqualifying'

The nominee, a joint letter states, "displayed a lack of judicial temperament that would be disqualifying for any court, and certainly for elevation to the highest court of this land."


Collecting 500 signatures in less than a week means law professors are quite eager to make this point.

Re: 500+ Law Professors Agree

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:31 pm
by William Thornton
Means absolutely nothing.

Re: 500+ Law Professors Agree

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:22 am
by Joseph Patrick
William Thornton wrote:Means absolutely nothing.

From Gerry Milligan...William, I agree with you...the president and Mitch McConnell (sp?) are going to ram this down our throats, no matter how qualified or unqualified beer loving Kavanaugh might be. Come quickly, Lord Jesus.

Re: 500+ Law Professors Agree

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:11 am
by KeithE
It may not matter to the Committee's or the Senate’s vote, but it should.

BTW, it is now 1000 law professors (and counting).
The Senate Should Not Confirm Kavanaugh, Signed, 1,000+ Law Professors (and Counting)

Re: 500+ Law Professors Agree

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:31 am
by William Thornton
Means N. O. T. H. I. N. G

Re: 500+ Law Professors Agree

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:35 am
by KeithE
William Thornton wrote:Means N. O. T. H. I. N. G

IN. YOUR. MIND.

Re: 500+ Law Professors Agree

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:17 pm
by Joseph Patrick
KeithE wrote:
William Thornton wrote:Means N. O. T. H. I. N. G

IN. YOUR. MIND.

From Gerry Milligan... my prediction from the first was that even if it hair lips a goat, once we came to the reality that with a republican president (?) and republican senate, associated with the immature mocking of a victim of sexual abuse by our bone spur differed president (?) this man would be confirmed. I just feel bad for the victim of this because daily she has additional abuse and shaming by people who should be above the abuse and mocking.

Re: 500+ Law Professors Agree

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:27 pm
by Joseph Patrick
From Gerry Milligan...to quote (and paraphrase) the bone spur deferred president (?) "The system is rigged!!" Can we not accurately apply that to the 7th FBI background check on Kavanaugh?

Re: 500+ Law Professors Agree

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:35 pm
by William Thornton
...or to the dribbling out of accusations? The whole thing is a disgrace.

Re: 500+ Law Professors Agree

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:13 pm
by Sandy
Most of the allegations against Kavanaugh weren't new, and didn't really seem to surprise anyone who knew him. It is a disgrace that a sexual predator and abuser got elected POTUS, and is now nominating another one to cover for him on the court. Birds of a feather.

Re: 500+ Law Professors Agree

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:48 pm
by Joseph Patrick
William Thornton wrote:...or to the dribbling out of accusations? The whole thing is a disgrace.

From Gerry Milligan...I whole hardheartedly agree with you William, the whole thing is a disgrace.

Re: 500+ Law Professors Agree

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:33 am
by Jon Estes
What social conservative... pro-life... pro-gun... build the wall... candidate would the DEM's have supported?

Or... what conservative... period... would the DEM's have supported?

The country is divided along political lines. This is not about anyone's integrity. Dr. Ford was and continues to be used by the DEMS. They don't care about her.

I pray GInsburg retires soon. A third conservative appointed during Trumps Presidency would be great.

Re: 500+ Law Professors Agree

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:21 am
by KeithE

Re: 500+ Law Professors Agree

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:25 am
by Tim Bonney
Jon Estes wrote:What social conservative... pro-life... pro-gun... build the wall... candidate would the DEM's have supported?


Supported? None. Seriously opposed, any of them with a history of assaulting women.

Re: 500+ Law Professors Agree

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:27 am
by Tim Bonney
By the way, not believing women is one of the reasons so many churches have scandals over misbehaving pastors too.

If I was accused of what Kavanaugh is accused of I'd be removed from my church until a full investigation could be conducted by the Annual Conference.

Re: 500+ Law Professors Agree

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:39 am
by Tim Bonney
Just another bit of info. According to this article from the BBC only about 8% of accusations from women turn out to be false and Ford's personal profile doesn't fit the profile of a false accuser.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45565684

So, with a 92% chance that Ford is telling the truth, we are still probably going to put Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court. We probably should sit him next to Clarance Thomas. It will be easier to keep an eye on both of them.

Re: 500+ Law Professors Agree

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:40 am
by Sandy
Jon Estes wrote:What social conservative... pro-life... pro-gun... build the wall... candidate would the DEM's have supported?

Or... what conservative... period... would the DEM's have supported?

The country is divided along political lines. This is not about anyone's integrity. Dr. Ford was and continues to be used by the DEMS. They don't care about her.

I pray GInsburg retires soon. A third conservative appointed during Trumps Presidency would be great.


You never know who is going to drop dead. Scalia should have lasted longer than he did. But I don't think Trump will outlast Ginsberg. He'll be impeached long before she steps down.
Ford wasn't lying. She had corroboration. So did both of the other accusers.

Re: 500+ Law Professors Agree

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:54 am
by JE Pettibone
Sandy wrote:
Jon Estes wrote:What social conservative... pro-life... pro-gun... build the wall... candidate would the DEM's have supported?

Or... what conservative... period... would the DEM's have supported?

The country is divided along political lines. This is not about anyone's integrity. Dr. Ford was and continues to be used by the DEMS. They don't care about her.

I pray GInsburg retires soon. A third conservative appointed during Trumps Presidency would be great.


You never know who is going to drop dead. Scalia should have lasted longer than he did. But I don't think Trump will outlast Ginsberg. He'll be impeached long before she steps down.
Ford wasn't lying. She had corroboration. So did both of the other accusers.


Ed: Sandy where where those corroborators?

Re: 500+ Law Professors Agree

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:47 am
by Haruo
How many law professors are there in the country?

Re: 500+ Law Professors Agree

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:45 pm
by Tim Bonney
Sandy wrote:You never know who is going to drop dead. Scalia should have lasted longer than he did. But I don't think Trump will outlast Ginsberg. He'll be impeached long before she steps down.
Ford wasn't lying. She had corroboration. So did both of the other accusers.


I doubt Trump will be removed from office unless he is brought up on criminal charges. If the Dems take the house (who knows?) they still likely won't take the Senate. The GOP will ride the Trump train right into the muck to keep power.

Re: 500+ Law Professors Agree

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:40 pm
by Jon Estes
Tim Bonney wrote:
Sandy wrote:You never know who is going to drop dead. Scalia should have lasted longer than he did. But I don't think Trump will outlast Ginsberg. He'll be impeached long before she steps down.
Ford wasn't lying. She had corroboration. So did both of the other accusers.


I doubt Trump will be removed from office unless he is brought up on criminal charges. If the Dems take the house (who knows?) they still likely won't take the Senate. The GOP will ride the Trump train right into the muck to keep power.


The muck was made way before Trump moved in. I bet you are enjoying you stock investments about now.

Re: 500+ Law Professors Agree

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:57 am
by Sandy
Jon Estes wrote:The muck was made way before Trump moved in. I bet you are enjoying you stock investments about now.


There's always been a level of "muck" when it comes to the federal government. However, there is certainly a contrast between the previous administration, which was basically scandal-free and operated with a level of integrity not seen in Washington very much, and this one, which has brought the most corrupt individuals and actions in all of American history combined. I don't think it will come down to a partisan fight over impeachment once Mueller's results are released because I think the level of criminal activity will be so high that the Republicans won't get away without supporting an impeachment.

As to my meager stock investments, I certainly enjoyed the record growth that occurred during the Obama administration. My retirement account lost half its value during the Bush recession, but it gained all of that back and about 25% more during Obama's term(actually 34% but it's not that big of an account). Since Trump, the balance has increased by a hundred dollars or so, though it has flatlined the past two quarters. But unlike most conservatives, my pocketbook doesn't dictate my politics.

Re: 500+ Law Professors Agree

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:22 am
by Jon Estes
Sandy wrote:
Jon Estes wrote:The muck was made way before Trump moved in. I bet you are enjoying you stock investments about now.


There's always been a level of "muck" when it comes to the federal government. However, there is certainly a contrast between the previous administration, which was basically scandal-free and operated with a level of integrity not seen in Washington very much, and this one, which has brought the most corrupt individuals and actions in all of American history combined. I don't think it will come down to a partisan fight over impeachment once Mueller's results are released because I think the level of criminal activity will be so high that the Republicans won't get away without supporting an impeachment.

As to my meager stock investments, I certainly enjoyed the record growth that occurred during the Obama administration. My retirement account lost half its value during the Bush recession, but it gained all of that back and about 25% more during Obama's term(actually 34% but it's not that big of an account). Since Trump, the balance has increased by a hundred dollars or so, though it has flatlined the past two quarters. But unlike most conservatives, my pocketbook doesn't dictate my politics.


Sandy - Wake up. The world is not ending. Things are going great. Wake up - I don't want you to miss it.