Black female governor for GA?

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Re: Black female governor for GA?

Postby Joseph Patrick » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:53 am

From Gerry Milligan...Jon, thanks for the photo above and the one of the baptisms earlier. Ever so often (more and more rare as I age) I wish to return to the UAE. Where was the photo taken? A fireplace? Who in the UAE ever needs a fireplace.
Joseph Patrick
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:53 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Black female governor for GA?

Postby Joseph Patrick » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:03 am

From Gerry Milligan...William, the support for your assertions is tenuous, assertions and speculations, not a "smoking gun," but this has become the norm, Sad.
Joseph Patrick
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:53 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Black female governor for GA?

Postby Jon Estes » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:08 am

Joseph Patrick wrote:From Gerry Milligan...Jon, thanks for the photo above and the one of the baptisms earlier. Ever so often (more and more rare as I age) I wish to return to the UAE. Where was the photo taken? A fireplace? Who in the UAE ever needs a fireplace.


This was at one of our church members homes (no names used). The fireplace was actually their grill area where the gas line had a leak so I purchased a few disposable grills (about USD - 6 .oo each) and we used them. The flames are from the grills burning down to grey coal so we can put the dogs on. Pork on one and porkless on the other.

I should have gotten a picture as you can see the Burj Al Arab lit up at night from this residence. I will put a stock photo for reference to the luxury hotel on its own island.

It may still be hot here but it is a beautiful city.

8768086640_3c407e02e3_b.jpg
Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
User avatar
Jon Estes
 
Posts: 711
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:14 am

Re: Black female governor for GA?

Postby Sandy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:39 am

William Thornton wrote:https://politics.myajc.com/blog/politics/abrams-calls-for-removal-confederate-faces-off-stone-mountain/MysbHRxXFN3ueVb79LdVMJ/

She is somewhat equivocal on the matter lately...with the election pending.

https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regiona ... XPIadclyL/

Her campaign doesn't deny that she appeared before the DSA group. They like her.

https://politics.myajc.com/blog/politic ... olWfWE6UJ/

The issue is the GA lottery tuition scholarship being given to non-citizens. Abrams would certainly like to change the current prohibition on the matter.
__________

Not on Abrams' campaign site, you say? Well, I wouldn't expect these things to be.

I doubt many people are left whose mind may be changed on the candidates. The goal is turnout. There are worse Dems than Abrams and better Reps than Kemp. Unfortunately, we have to choose between the two. I'll vote for Kemp. Not much of a decision to be made there.


Mostly right wing extremist made up stuff. Ultra conservative Republicans have an aversion to extending the same rights they get under the constitution to anyone who has different colored skin, or for whom English isn't their first language, or who doesn't have ancestors who owned slaves.

Seems like Georgia Republicans are engaging in a foot-shooting contest. Rachel Maddow reported the voter suppression, including the interference with over 600,000 voter registrations by Kemp over his time in office. That more or less handed the Democrats a list of names of people to go find and get registered and apparently they used the 2012 Obama network to get that done. Apparently, so many African American Democrats have registered to vote recently that it clogged the system, so they tried to slow down another 50,000 or so prior to the election. It looks like they have a favorable Federal court in their area who will fix that problem. Then there was the incident where a county commissioner, Cobb I think?, tried to stop a bus load of African American seniors from voting by claiming that they couldn't be bussed to a polling place to vote. All of that while an African American woman is in a dead heat in the polls. All Abrams needs is for Trump to show up for a rally and that might just do the trick!
Sandy
Sandy
 
Posts: 8854
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:10 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Black female governor for GA?

Postby William Thornton » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:30 am

Notice that Abrams doesn't deny any of this. She is a flaming lib. No surprises in that.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog, SBC Plodder
User avatar
William Thornton
Site Admin
 
Posts: 12071
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Atlanta

Re: Black female governor for GA?

Postby Joseph Patrick » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:04 pm

William Thornton wrote:Notice that Abrams doesn't deny any of this. She is a flaming lib. No surprises in that.

From Gerry Milligan, Maybe Abrams should take a page from the president's playbook; DENY STRONGLY...he seems to believe those who deny strongly...the crown prince of Saudi Arabia, the king of Saudi Arabia, judge Roy Moore, himself...
Joseph Patrick
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:53 am
Location: Portland, OR

Best Baptist products of Collinsville voting Abrams

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:17 pm

Susan Weaver is the daughter of an All American High School QUARTERBACK from Guntersville, Alabama who was long time coach in Collinsville. She married the Preacher's son John Morgan III. They work for Habitat for Humanity in Americus and SWM regularly attends President Carter's Sunday School class in Plains.

They have a Stacey Abrams yard sign in their yard not from the historic home of Warren Fortson Marshall Frady made famous during the Civil rights era.

Four years ago in Collinsvlle Pastor Morgan had a Phi Williams sign on Valley Ave in a house that used to be in my extended family, across from the Methodist church. Most likely as their sole Republican son a near Super trumper was an operative for Williams who shadows Roy Moore's crusades on abortion, gun lobby friendly and jock religion.

So stacey has fans in the best baptist tradition of the church where my Momma was baptized.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."


http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox
 
Posts: 9154
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:29 pm

Re: Black female governor for GA?

Postby William Thornton » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:39 pm

Joseph Patrick wrote:
William Thornton wrote:Notice that Abrams doesn't deny any of this. She is a flaming lib. No surprises in that.

From Gerry Milligan, Maybe Abrams should take a page from the president's playbook; DENY STRONGLY...he seems to believe those who deny strongly...the crown prince of Saudi Arabia, the king of Saudi Arabia, judge Roy Moore, himself...


You asked for sources. I gave them to you. Abrams is a democrat. Except for the local matter of stone mountain (and her quote on that is unassailable) this is all standard dem stuff. She doesn't deny this stuff.

If you want to start another hate trump topic, have at it. This is about Abrams.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog, SBC Plodder
User avatar
William Thornton
Site Admin
 
Posts: 12071
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Atlanta

Re: Black female governor for GA?

Postby Joseph Patrick » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:20 pm

William Thornton wrote:
Joseph Patrick wrote:
William Thornton wrote:Notice that Abrams doesn't deny any of this. She is a flaming lib. No surprises in that.

From Gerry Milligan, Maybe Abrams should take a page from the president's playbook; DENY STRONGLY...he seems to believe those who deny strongly...the crown prince of Saudi Arabia, the king of Saudi Arabia, judge Roy Moore, himself...


You asked for sources. I gave them to you. Abrams is a democrat. Except for the local matter of stone mountain (and her quote on that is unassailable) this is all standard dem stuff. She doesn't deny this stuff.

If you want to start another hate trump topic, have at it. This is about Abrams.


From Gerry Milligan...William, I can assure you that while I am a "Never Trumper" I do not hate him. And I believe that I addressed what Abrams could do. But nowhere did I advocate hating trump, but quoted some of the things he has said.
Joseph Patrick
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:53 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Black female governor for GA?

Postby Sandy » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:31 am

That's the general characterization from the political conservatives on here. No matter that their own fellow partisans, along with themselves on occasion, are at least equally vitriolic and caustic in bringing up Hillary Clinton, or Bill for that matter, or President Obama. On occasion, when she makes a public statement or appearance, they can spew venom at Michelle, too. But when it comes to the Republicans they love, any expression of disagreement becomes "ihate". It's an admission that there's no substance in the argument on that side. All I've seen of Kemp is that he's a trump sycophant which is, IMHO, the best possible reason to vote for anyone else who is running. Yeah, Abrams's stuff is pretty much along the lines of what you hear from Southern Democrats. But that's probably why she's activated half a million voters and is running in a dead heat in a Southern state with a long history of suppressing African American candidates and voters.

If you want to read some of William's best work, you'll find it on a collaborative blog called "SBC Voices." He put up a post today that is as on target as anything I've seen from any conservative Southern Baptist pastor since Bart Barber addressed the messengers at the SBC in June. It's what you'd expect from an unbiased pastor who spent a career in typical, averaged sized SBC congregations and has no favors to return, axes to grind or connections to the prominente to protect.
Sandy
Sandy
 
Posts: 8854
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:10 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Black female governor for GA?

Postby William Thornton » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:27 pm

Sandy and I are cut from the same SBC cloth.

Secular politics? Different solar systems.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog, SBC Plodder
User avatar
William Thornton
Site Admin
 
Posts: 12071
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Atlanta

Re: Black female governor for GA?

Postby Haruo » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:57 pm

Love Trump, but don't take him at his word, and especially don't take his advice on who to vote for.
Haruo (呂須•春男) = ᎭᎷᎣ = Leland Bryant Ross
Repeal the language taxLearn and use Esperanto
Fremont Baptist ChurchMy hymnblog
User avatar
Haruo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 12246
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:21 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Black female governor for GA?

Postby Haruo » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:00 pm

I'm voting for Sarah Adams, most likely, and for the woman running against Eric Pettigrew, probably.
Haruo (呂須•春男) = ᎭᎷᎣ = Leland Bryant Ross
Repeal the language taxLearn and use Esperanto
Fremont Baptist ChurchMy hymnblog
User avatar
Haruo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 12246
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:21 pm
Location: Seattle

Thornton facebook message

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:11 pm

Willie Tee did you get my message. Text me if you can. Thanks
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."


http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox
 
Posts: 9154
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:29 pm

Re: Black female governor for GA?

Postby Joseph Patrick » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:10 pm

Haruo wrote:Ah. He ought to be ashamed of himself.

From Gerry Milligan...Haruo, if he were anything but a republican he might be ashamed of this whole situation, but we see what lengths the repugnant controlled legislatures in Georgia and North Dakota would go to win an election. I think that born again believers in both states should say something.
Joseph Patrick
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:53 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Black female governor for GA?

Postby William Thornton » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:32 am

Early voted today. Struck a blow for shotgun totin' rednecks. Passed on sand blasting Stone Mountain.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog, SBC Plodder
User avatar
William Thornton
Site Admin
 
Posts: 12071
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Atlanta

Re: Black female governor for GA?

Postby Joseph Patrick » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:20 am

William Thornton wrote:Early voted today. Struck a blow for shotgun totin' rednecks. Passed on sand blasting Stone Mountain.

From Gerry Milligan...I have just watched the Georgia gubernatorial debate. William, if you need any snake oil - your shotgun toting redneck is your man.
Joseph Patrick
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:53 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Black female governor for GA?

Postby William Thornton » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:31 am

Republicans in this state stink, exceeded in that only by Democrats. Not much of a choice.
...and if you wasted time watching the debate you might consider something more profitable, like watching paint dry.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog, SBC Plodder
User avatar
William Thornton
Site Admin
 
Posts: 12071
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Atlanta

Re: Black female governor for GA?

Postby Dave Roberts » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:22 am

Just waiting for federal courts to rule on the current Secretary of State's tactics of registrations not matching when one form has "AVE" one has AV, and one has "Avenue."
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
User avatar
Dave Roberts
Site Admin
 
Posts: 7280
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:01 pm
Location: Southside, VA

Re: Black female governor for GA?

Postby William Thornton » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:09 am

Dave Roberts wrote:Just waiting for federal courts to rule on the current Secretary of State's tactics of registrations not matching when one form has "AVE" one has AV, and one has "Avenue."


Manufactured issue. But, it beats running on her record or her goals.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog, SBC Plodder
User avatar
William Thornton
Site Admin
 
Posts: 12071
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Atlanta

Re: Black female governor for GA?

Postby Joseph Patrick » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:22 pm

William Thornton wrote:Republicans in this state stink, exceeded in that only by Democrats. Not much of a choice.
...and if you wasted time watching the debate you might consider something more profitable, like watching paint dry.

From Gerry Milligan...you might be correct William...watching paint dry I would not hear such a pack of lies as were offered by Kemp. I have yet to fact check Abrams, but I realize that political promises are often lies. But, outside of Georgia, Hope springs eternal...even though congress is in recess, I am looking forward to the middle class tax cut which is promised within the next week. I do wonder "If your banker lied to you, would you change banks?"
Joseph Patrick
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:53 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Black female governor for GA?

Postby Haruo » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:04 pm

Joseph Patrick wrote:
William Thornton wrote:Republicans in this state stink, exceeded in that only by Democrats. Not much of a choice.
...and if you wasted time watching the debate you might consider something more profitable, like watching paint dry.

From Gerry Milligan...you might be correct William...watching paint dry I would not hear such a pack of lies as were offered by Kemp. I have yet to fact check Abrams, but I realize that political promises are often lies. But, outside of Georgia, Hope springs eternal...even though congress is in recess, I am looking forward to the middle class tax cut which is promised within the next week. I do wonder "If your banker lied to you, would you change banks?"

I think he just promised the cut before the midterms, didn't specify which. So he probably meant the midterms in 2022. Of course he's aiming this at people who think he's accomplished a whole lot more than he has.
Haruo (呂須•春男) = ᎭᎷᎣ = Leland Bryant Ross
Repeal the language taxLearn and use Esperanto
Fremont Baptist ChurchMy hymnblog
User avatar
Haruo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 12246
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:21 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Black female governor for GA?

Postby Joseph Patrick » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:50 pm

William Thornton wrote:Early voted today. Struck a blow for shotgun totin' rednecks. Passed on sand blasting Stone Mountain.

From Gerry Milligan...William, as you opted to vote early you could get a pass for voting for the lying, racist Kemp and his underhanded tricks at the last minute. It reminds me of Nixon authorizing the Watergate burglary when he already had a winning hand. In racist Georgia Kemp did not need to stoop to his vile practices. My question for you is do Georgians applaud or cringe at Kemp?
Joseph Patrick
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:53 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Black female governor for GA?

Postby Joseph Patrick » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:33 pm

Haruo wrote:
Joseph Patrick wrote:I think he just promised the cut before the midterms, didn't specify which. So he probably meant the midterms in 2022. Of course he's aiming this at people who think he's accomplished a whole lot more than he has.
\
Haruo, something that my right wing-nut friends cannot do is list any accomplishments of the trump administration. Have you heard of any?
Joseph Patrick
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:53 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Black female governor for GA?

Postby Haruo » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:40 pm

Haruo wrote:I'm voting for Sarah Adams, most likely, and for the woman running against Eric Pettigrew, probably.

Both of these choices of mine are going handily down to defeat. Both positions will remain Democratic.
Haruo (呂須•春男) = ᎭᎷᎣ = Leland Bryant Ross
Repeal the language taxLearn and use Esperanto
Fremont Baptist ChurchMy hymnblog
User avatar
Haruo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 12246
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:21 pm
Location: Seattle

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests