[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Black female governor for GA?

Black female governor for GA?

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Re: Black female governor for GA?

Postby Joseph Patrick » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:53 am

From Gerry Milligan...Jon, thanks for the photo above and the one of the baptisms earlier. Ever so often (more and more rare as I age) I wish to return to the UAE. Where was the photo taken? A fireplace? Who in the UAE ever needs a fireplace.
Joseph Patrick

Postby Joseph Patrick » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:03 am

From Gerry Milligan...William, the support for your assertions is tenuous, assertions and speculations, not a "smoking gun," but this has become the norm, Sad.
Joseph Patrick

Postby Jon Estes » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:08 am

Attachments
8768086640_3c407e02e3_b.jpg
Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
Jon Estes

Postby Sandy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:39 am

Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:30 am

Notice that Abrams doesn't deny any of this. She is a flaming lib. No surprises in that.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Joseph Patrick » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:04 pm

Joseph Patrick

Best Baptist products of Collinsville voting Abrams

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:17 pm

Susan Weaver is the daughter of an All American High School QUARTERBACK from Guntersville, Alabama who was long time coach in Collinsville. She married the Preacher's son John Morgan III. They work for Habitat for Humanity in Americus and SWM regularly attends President Carter's Sunday School class in Plains.

They have a Stacey Abrams yard sign in their yard not from the historic home of Warren Fortson Marshall Frady made famous during the Civil rights era.

Four years ago in Collinsvlle Pastor Morgan had a Phi Williams sign on Valley Ave in a house that used to be in my extended family, across from the Methodist church. Most likely as their sole Republican son a near Super trumper was an operative for Williams who shadows Roy Moore's crusades on abortion, gun lobby friendly and jock religion.

So stacey has fans in the best baptist tradition of the church where my Momma was baptized.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Postby William Thornton » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:39 pm

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Joseph Patrick » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:20 pm

Joseph Patrick

Postby Sandy » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:31 am

That's the general characterization from the political conservatives on here. No matter that their own fellow partisans, along with themselves on occasion, are at least equally vitriolic and caustic in bringing up Hillary Clinton, or Bill for that matter, or President Obama. On occasion, when she makes a public statement or appearance, they can spew venom at Michelle, too. But when it comes to the Republicans they love, any expression of disagreement becomes "ihate". It's an admission that there's no substance in the argument on that side. All I've seen of Kemp is that he's a trump sycophant which is, IMHO, the best possible reason to vote for anyone else who is running. Yeah, Abrams's stuff is pretty much along the lines of what you hear from Southern Democrats. But that's probably why she's activated half a million voters and is running in a dead heat in a Southern state with a long history of suppressing African American candidates and voters.

If you want to read some of William's best work, you'll find it on a collaborative blog called "SBC Voices." He put up a post today that is as on target as anything I've seen from any conservative Southern Baptist pastor since Bart Barber addressed the messengers at the SBC in June. It's what you'd expect from an unbiased pastor who spent a career in typical, averaged sized SBC congregations and has no favors to return, axes to grind or connections to the prominente to protect.
Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:27 pm

Sandy and I are cut from the same SBC cloth.

Secular politics? Different solar systems.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:57 pm

Love Trump, but don't take him at his word, and especially don't take his advice on who to vote for.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:00 pm

I'm voting for Sarah Adams, most likely, and for the woman running against Eric Pettigrew, probably.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Thornton facebook message

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:11 pm

Willie Tee did you get my message. Text me if you can. Thanks
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Postby Joseph Patrick » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:10 pm

Joseph Patrick

Postby William Thornton » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:32 am

Early voted today. Struck a blow for shotgun totin' rednecks. Passed on sand blasting Stone Mountain.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Joseph Patrick » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:20 am

Joseph Patrick

Postby William Thornton » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:31 am

Republicans in this state stink, exceeded in that only by Democrats. Not much of a choice.
...and if you wasted time watching the debate you might consider something more profitable, like watching paint dry.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:22 am

Just waiting for federal courts to rule on the current Secretary of State's tactics of registrations not matching when one form has "AVE" one has AV, and one has "Avenue."
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:09 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Joseph Patrick » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:22 pm

Joseph Patrick