[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - 9/11 Again

9/11 Again

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

9/11 Again

Postby KeithE » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:09 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: 9/11 Again

Postby David Flick » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:46 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:36 pm

Jim

Postby KeithE » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:22 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:27 am

Immediate derision from me. Nothing diminishes your street cred more than this stuff. "Oh yeah. He's the 911 Truther guy."

Sad to see, frankly.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:18 am

Keith, for me there is just too much water under the bridge on this one. I'm far more concerned about the current administration and its unprecedented behavior.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:04 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:15 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:44 pm

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:49 pm

When I was a kid, and I did something wrong, my usual reaction was to use all of the means at my disposal to convince my parents that my version of the facts was the actual version of the facts. I was not normally successful at this, however, there were times when a situation would occur, and I was right. When that happened, I encouraged my parents, my mother in particular who never seemed to be satisfied until she found out the truth, to investigate my version of the story. I tend to think that the government in a democratic republic probably operates the same way, with greater resources. If there is complete cooperation with the investigation, you're probably landing close to a truth that they are willing to support. If there's all kinds of obfuscation, obstruction, attempts to stop it, interference, or simply commandeering the investigation and inserting your own information, then the results are suspicious. 9-11 carries just enough of that to call the final conclusions of that investigation into question. Whether the conspiracy theories are accurate or not, well, odds are that there was some intent to hide things, but how do you determine which one, of several various theories, is correct?

We have the Kennedy assassination, Pearl Harbor, and the Lincoln Assassination, along with 9-11, and now, the Russia investigation. In typical American fashion, each of these, and other events, have generated a fair share of conspiracy theories, books, lectures and an alternative economy off of which money is made. That is the unfortunate bottom line of conspiracy theories. That, and the fact that while an official investigation must operate within the parameters of the same standards for considering evidence, conspiracy theories don't have to meet that requirement. The results are not likely to be changed. I think focusing efforts on being an advocate for the truth to be revealed in the current crisis our country is experiencing having its electoral process undermined by a foreign power at the instigation of, and with the help of our president, is a better use of time.
Sandy

Postby KeithE » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:27 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:11 pm

Jim

Postby KeithE » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:04 am

Last edited by KeithE on Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:23 am

Jim

Postby KeithE » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:53 am

Last edited by KeithE on Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:09 am

I'd like to see Trump try his "I love these guys, we get along great" MO on the mullahs.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:01 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:53 am

Sandy

Postby Haruo » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:05 pm

He's talking about the place in the Constitution where it says if Presidents do no-nos it's okay for Congress to lop off their heads.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:11 pm

The guillotine is preferred by Democrats for this purpose, because it has a smaller carbon footprint than say the firing squad preferred by the Mitch Romney camp, or the electric chair of the old Republican guard. Or the nuclear option preferred by the Trumpeters.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:26 pm

Jim

Postby Sandy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:12 pm

Sandy

Postby Jim » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:40 am

Jim

Postby Sandy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:05 am

Sandy

Postby Haruo » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:51 pm

In terms of general trends, unemployment has been falling ever since about halfway through Obama's first year. The latest report shows an uptick, but there have been upticks repeatedly under both Obama and Trump. Image
Boy, looking at that makes me feel like Keith or something! Image

Haruo
Site Admin

Next

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues