Library conversations

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Library conversations

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:00 pm

I just had one with a retired self described military grad, that a bystander said was too loud. It was civil though topics were intent and the military dude walked away saying Hillary ought to be in jail.

Bystander I am convinced got her politics confused with the decibel level because my part was one of the quieter discussions Ive witnessed in this library in some time.

And I had the wife of a Methodist staffer as a witness. She said Hillary is a good person after the dude walked away.

I think he may read my recommend on Edwin C Bridges Furman grad and 30 year archivist new history of Bama where he gets the Civil War and Reconstruction and Daughters of the Confederacy right in 27 pages. He nails it cause that's what Furman grads do.

My latest blog is loosely bringing this all inside the Fox family boundaries. It's a work in progress and the set up already posted is a Doozey. I wish I had had time to mention it to the library patron.
Stephen Fox

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues