Mariia Butina's Infiltration

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Mariia Butina's Infiltration

Postby KeithE » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:24 pm

in American’s conservative subculture is just now becoming apparent.

She was indicted by Mueller’s team last Saturday as an unregistered agent of Russia. Her Indictment. Specifically the charges are:

a. To act in the United States as an agent of a foreign government specifically the Russian Federation, without prior notification to the Attorney General;
b. To act in the United Stales as an agent of a foreign govemment official, specifically an official ofthe Russian Federation, without prior notffication to tle
Attorney General;
c. To exploit personal connections with U.S. persons having influence in American politics in an effort to advance the interests of the Russian Federation without prior notification to the Attorney General; and
d. To infiltrate organizations active in U.S. politics in an effort to advance the interests of the Russian Federation without prior notification to the Attomey General.

She has been in the US since 2015 sometime. Yes that started while Obama was President as the Presidential election started to heat up (as one would expect of someone trying to influence an upcoming election). But she clearly worked to help Trump within conservative causes, at times using her feminine wiles. And I’m quite sure she was not the only Russia (Putin led) infiltrator in our elections (e.g the Internet Research Agency, Wikileaks, who knows what/who else). There is little doubt in my mind that all of this altered the result of the close Presidential election. Democracy was denied.

In 2016 Mariia Butina Sought ‘Back Channel’ Meeting for Trump and Putin (note she was known by the Trump campaign who said nothing to US authorities - that’s collusion). I suspect that this was not achieved in terms of some secure computer channel between Trump and Putin (Trump Jr and Erik Prince, probably more, also failed). That is why we had all the lies about 'Trump campaign official had no contact with Russians’ which one by one was refuted (82+ of them).

What did she choose to infiltrate?
1) NRA
2) a GOP Powerbroker
3) America Christian Nationalists and
4) Tea Party members and Environmental Denialists
All ideological conservatives - easy prey.

Just announced she (like Manafort) will not be allowed bail. I can think of many more that should be indicted and jailed. Come on Mueller!
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: Mariia Butina's Infiltration

Postby Jim » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:00 pm

KeithE wrote:in American’s conservative subculture is just now becoming apparent.

She was indicted by Mueller’s team last Saturday as an unregistered agent of Russia. Her Indictment. Specifically the charges are:

a. To act in the United States as an agent of a foreign government specifically the Russian Federation, without prior notification to the Attorney General;
b. To act in the United Stales as an agent of a foreign govemment official, specifically an official ofthe Russian Federation, without prior notffication to tle
Attorney General;
c. To exploit personal connections with U.S. persons having influence in American politics in an effort to advance the interests of the Russian Federation without prior notification to the Attorney General; and
d. To infiltrate organizations active in U.S. politics in an effort to advance the interests of the Russian Federation without prior notification to the Attomey General.

She has been in the US since 2015 sometime. Yes that started while Obama was President as the Presidential election started to heat up (as one would expect of someone trying to influence an upcoming election). But she clearly worked to help Trump within conservative causes, at times using her feminine wiles. And I’m quite sure she was not the only Russia (Putin led) infiltrator in our elections (e.g the Internet Research Agency, Wikileaks, who knows what/who else). There is little doubt in my mind that all of this altered the result of the close Presidential election. Democracy was denied.

In 2016 Mariia Butina Sought ‘Back Channel’ Meeting for Trump and Putin (note she was known by the Trump campaign who said nothing to US authorities - that’s collusion). I suspect that this was not achieved in terms of some secure computer channel between Trump and Putin (Trump Jr and Erik Prince, probably more, also failed). That is why we had all the lies about 'Trump campaign official had no contact with Russians’ which one by one was refuted (82+ of them).

What did she choose to infiltrate?
1) NRA
2) a GOP Powerbroker
3) America Christian Nationalists and
4) Tea Party members and Environmental Denialists
All ideological conservatives - easy prey.

Just announced she (like Manafort) will not be allowed bail. I can think of many more that should be indicted and jailed. Come on Mueller!

Well yes, this, as well as all the other Mueller crap, started while the Big O reigned (has just recently said on his Africa trip that folks simply should not lie). Shades of Benghazi and his evil lies to the families of the victims, whilst standing by their coffins. One wonders, of course, just how many CIA-spies are operating around the world trying to meddle in whatever they can to influence whatever they can. Every developed country has its networks of spies, Israel's Mossad usually considered the most adept.
Jim

Postby Sandy » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:13 pm

The Mueller "crap" is a mountain of factual information that has led to a longer list of indictments than Watergate produced. It's just Trump trash talk to discount this as a witch hunt, "crap," or fake news, or whatever other terminology is used by those who choose to be deliberately ignorant.

So I get that it really irks Trump supporters and apologists that his predecessor was such a contrast to the current occupant of the White House's corruption and immorality that they must invoke his name and attempt to change historical fact when it comes to his administration's accomplishments (including an extended and costly investigation led by Trey Gowdy into "Benghazi" that exonerated both President Obama and Hillary Clinton BTW).

"Crap" is a more apt description of Jim's post, though I think that even "load of crap" is probably not adequate to describe it.
Sandy

Postby Haruo » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:36 am

KeithE wrote:In 2016 Mariia Butina Sought ‘Back Channel’ Meeting for Trump and Putin (note she was known by the Trump campaign who said nothing to US authorities - that’s collusion).

Probably true. Have you noticed how the President likes to add "No collusion." as a final tag line after saying something not directly related to collusion? His "base" are Pavlovian dogs, I think.
Haruo (呂須•春男) = ᎭᎷᎣ = Leland Bryant Ross
Repeal the language taxLearn and use Esperanto
Fremont Baptist ChurchMy hymnblog
Haruo
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:38 am

One correction - Butina was indicted by a federal grand jury in Washington DC. It was referred to them by the Mueller team.

Two addition notes-
-So far charges are only on a failure to register as a agent of a foreign government. Espionage charges likely to follow.
-She was preparing to leave the country; that is why she was rounded up.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

New Rule

Postby KeithE » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:07 am

This story Are Republicans Covering for Trump, or for Themselves? has many interesting facts and suspicions. But one fact that I want to point out in the last paragraph.

On Monday, a few hours after news broke of Butina’s arrest, the Treasury Department announced a new rule sparing some tax-exempt groups, including the N.R.A., from having to report their large donors to the I.R.S. Wyden called the move “truly grotesque,” saying it would “make it easier for Russian dark money” to flow into American politics. You might ask who benefits. The answer is: not just Trump.

underline mine

I hope that Mueller will be able to find out the the extent of money that Russia has given to American entities (such as the NRA) and passed along to candidates in so-called “dark money”.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues