Just One More Reason Trump Must Be Impeached

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Just One More Reason Trump Must Be Impeached

Postby KeithE » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:24 am

Why the I.R.S. Should Go After Trump

At least the NY AG has filed a lawsuit.

The New York State attorney general yesterday filed a lawsuit against the Donald J. Trump Foundation and its directors, accusing the charity and the Trump family of violating campaign finance laws, self-dealing and illegal coordination with the presidential campaign. It asks that Mr. Trump pay restitution and be prohibited from leading a nonprofit in New York for 10 years.


Just adds to his more than 4095 lawsuits and his many other scandals and lies.
13 scandals we have forgotten about
In 497 days, President Trump has made 3,251 false or misleading claims

As a former attorney for the chief counsel of the I.R.S. {author of first link above} who specialized in nonprofit organizations, I believe Mr. Trump is also criminally liable for his actions. If I were still at the I.R.S., based on the lawsuit, I would make a criminal referral, on charges of tax evasion or false statements on a tax return, or both.


Of course Trump will not lightly allow the IRS to make a criminal referral.

Come on House - do your job on these and many others scandals/lies (we cannot trust our President!).

Come on people - demand it.

On my trip (Norway, Sweden, Denmark) that I just returned from, the people I talked to are “aghast” (a term one lady actually used) that Americans have allowed Trump to stay in power.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
http://www.weatherly.org/discoverycenter
User avatar
KeithE
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8733
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:02 pm
Location: Huntsville, AL

Re: Just One More Reason Trump Must Be Impeached

Postby William Thornton » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:59 pm

Zzz...
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog, SBC Plodder
User avatar
William Thornton
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11986
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Atlanta

Re: Just One More Reason Trump Must Be Impeached

Postby KeithE » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:54 pm

William Thornton wrote:Zzz...

This is also what is wrong with America today.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
http://www.weatherly.org/discoverycenter
User avatar
KeithE
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8733
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:02 pm
Location: Huntsville, AL

Re: Just One More Reason Trump Must Be Impeached

Postby William Thornton » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:25 am

KeithE wrote:
William Thornton wrote:Zzz...

This is also what is wrong with America today.


...the latest from Mt. Olympus.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog, SBC Plodder
User avatar
William Thornton
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11986
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Atlanta

Re: Just One More Reason Trump Must Be Impeached

Postby Sandy » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:10 pm

KeithE wrote:Come on House - do your job on these and many others scandals/lies (we cannot trust our President!).

Come on people - demand it.


The only Republicans in congress interested in doing their job are the ones who have decided they aren't compromising their integrity any more and rather than participate in the enabling of this President, they are getting out. Jeff Flake, Bob Corker, and amazingly, Trey Gowdy are all giving voice to the growing realization among Republicans that they are headed for a major disaster.

As to people demanding it, that's materializing too.
Sandy
 
Posts: 8661
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:10 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Just One More Reason Trump Must Be Impeached

Postby Jim » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:35 am

KeithE wrote:
On my trip (Norway, Sweden, Denmark) that I just returned from, the people I talked to are “aghast” (a term one lady actually used) that Americans have allowed Trump to stay in power.


Were they "aghast" ( struck with overwhelming shock or amazement; filled with sudden fright or horror, according to dictionary) when Roosevelt sent in the troops back in the 40s or Wilson did the same in 1918? These countries exist only because of those actions. Now, the U.S. prexy is making them "aghast" by attempting to stave off their destruction by the little monster in NK. People with no sense of history are always "aghast" at something...try thinking about that instead of caterwauling about getting rid of a president who has the guts (and military might) to make bad guys "aghast."
Jim
 
Posts: 3738
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:44 pm
Location: Lexington, Ky.

Re: Just One More Reason Trump Must Be Impeached

Postby Dave Roberts » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:20 am

Jim wrote:
KeithE wrote:
On my trip (Norway, Sweden, Denmark) that I just returned from, the people I talked to are “aghast” (a term one lady actually used) that Americans have allowed Trump to stay in power.


Were they "aghast" ( struck with overwhelming shock or amazement; filled with sudden fright or horror, according to dictionary) when Roosevelt sent in the troops back in the 40s or Wilson did the same in 1918? These countries exist only because of those actions. Now, the U.S. prexy is making them "aghast" by attempting to stave off their destruction by the little monster in NK. People with no sense of history are always "aghast" at something...try thinking about that instead of caterwauling about getting rid of a president who has the guts (and military might) to make bad guys "aghast."


Jim, you must be buying the Right Wing fake news. Kim got everything he wanted, and we were left with nothing except photos and a document so vague that no one knows what it means. Kim got onto the world stage as an equal sitting beside Trump. He gained propaganda that he can use on his people for a generation. Trump came back looking foolish talking about how much Kim loves his country and its people, half of whom are starving while the regime lives in luxury. No one called Kim to account for the murder of his own brother or that of American Otto Warmbier. If you believe that Trump succeeded, Jim Jones has "Kool Aid" still waiting at Jonestown.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
User avatar
Dave Roberts
Site Admin
 
Posts: 7188
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:01 pm
Location: Southside, VA

Re: Just One More Reason Trump Must Be Impeached

Postby Sandy » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:13 am

Jim wrote: People with no sense of history are always "aghast" at something...try thinking about that instead of caterwauling about getting rid of a president who has the guts (and military might) to make bad guys "aghast."


Yes. Too bad we don't have a president currently who has guts. He does have the military might, but his buddy Putin has been nagging him about those joint military exercises with South Korea that are the backbone of both the guts and military might of the US on the Korean Peninsula, so he backed down, and called them off. And he did this without consulting the South Koreans, or Congress, or any of our allies in East Asia. Trump doesn't have guts. It's all cellulite.
Sandy
 
Posts: 8661
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:10 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Just One More Reason Trump Must Be Impeached

Postby Jim » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:41 pm

Dave Roberts wrote:
Jim wrote:
KeithE wrote:
On my trip (Norway, Sweden, Denmark) that I just returned from, the people I talked to are “aghast” (a term one lady actually used) that Americans have allowed Trump to stay in power.


Were they "aghast" ( struck with overwhelming shock or amazement; filled with sudden fright or horror, according to dictionary) when Roosevelt sent in the troops back in the 40s or Wilson did the same in 1918? These countries exist only because of those actions. Now, the U.S. prexy is making them "aghast" by attempting to stave off their destruction by the little monster in NK. People with no sense of history are always "aghast" at something...try thinking about that instead of caterwauling about getting rid of a president who has the guts (and military might) to make bad guys "aghast."


Jim, you must be buying the Right Wing fake news. Kim got everything he wanted, and we were left with nothing except photos and a document so vague that no one knows what it means. Kim got onto the world stage as an equal sitting beside Trump. He gained propaganda that he can use on his people for a generation. Trump came back looking foolish talking about how much Kim loves his country and its people, half of whom are starving while the regime lives in luxury. No one called Kim to account for the murder of his own brother or that of American Otto Warmbier. If you believe that Trump succeeded, Jim Jones has "Kool Aid" still waiting at Jonestown.

Diplomacy is like courtship—If you aren't near the one you love, you love the one you're near. Obama went to Cuba (ruled by the sainted Castro brothers, who had boatloads of folks in jail/torture mode, and still hold them there while poisoning workers at the U.S. Embassy (now closed), but that was okay for you and your ilk, great admirers of Obama's “apology tour” right after his election, especially to Mideast countries, for the existence of evil Americans. I'm still laughing at your hypocrisy. Kim got nothing and Trump got nothing...yet...for the simple reason that the diplomacy hasn't even started, but you may (or probably not) have noted that the missile firings in NK have stopped. At least Trump hasn't decimated NK like Obama completely destroyed Libya. For months, Trump has had the 7th (or is it the 8th, not that it matters) Fleet parked between NK and Japan with enough stuff to blow the little monster all the way to Mars. I think it has his attention. As for Kim and his brother, which USA agency should arrest Kim and “call him to account?” Warmbier consigned himself to perdition when he attempted to steal a cheap painting, so what else is new? But thanks for disabusing me of a misconception. All these years, I thought the 900 folks simply picked up their cups and drank. I didn't realize that Jones cranked their jaws open and forced that stuff right down their gullets. He didn't even supply ice and straws...and it was really—REALLY—hot there. My blinders (that mule-thing) sometimes just don't fit and my thoughts go astray.
Jim
 
Posts: 3738
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:44 pm
Location: Lexington, Ky.

Re: Just One More Reason Trump Must Be Impeached

Postby Jim » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:05 pm

Sandy wrote:
Jim wrote: People with no sense of history are always "aghast" at something...try thinking about that instead of caterwauling about getting rid of a president who has the guts (and military might) to make bad guys "aghast."


Yes. Too bad we don't have a president currently who has guts. He does have the military might, but his buddy Putin has been nagging him about those joint military exercises with South Korea that are the backbone of both the guts and military might of the US on the Korean Peninsula, so he backed down, and called them off. And he did this without consulting the South Koreans, or Congress, or any of our allies in East Asia. Trump doesn't have guts. It's all cellulite.


Egad!!! I never suspected that Putin scared Trump into such a retreat. Do you suppose he threatened to annex California (not a bad idea)? Grant and Eisenhower must be turning in their graves. The South Koreans don't seem to be mightily upset at the cessation of the war games. In fact—like in Norfolk, VA, for instance—they probably are relieved to get those bothersome American GIs out of their country. Trump didn't need SK permission to do anything. SK exists only because of the U.S. presence, without which it would have been enslaved by the Kims long ago and reduced to NK status or worse. While Kim has 1.5 million troops at his command, he is completely stymied by the usual 33,000 or so U.S. troops stationed in SK, so just where should the gut-check be made?
Jim
 
Posts: 3738
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:44 pm
Location: Lexington, Ky.

Re: Just One More Reason Trump Must Be Impeached

Postby Haruo » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:20 pm

Welcome back, Jim.
Haruo (呂須•春男) = ᎭᎷᎣ = Leland Bryant Ross
Repeal the language taxLearn and use Esperanto
Fremont Baptist ChurchMy hymnblog
User avatar
Haruo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 12075
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:21 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Just One More Reason Trump Must Be Impeached

Postby Sandy » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:52 pm

Jim wrote: The South Koreans don't seem to be mightily upset at the cessation of the war games.


In an alternate universe, perhaps they might not be concerned. On this planet, today, in the real world, it's the biggest part of their military strategy, and they are both baffled as to why they were not consulted about something that happens on their soil, and very fearful of the consequences. Typical of Trump's incompetence and stupidity, he didn't tell anyone, including the U.S. military command. Oh, he did tell Kim-Jong-Un, and Putin.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/12/worl ... korea.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OSNxUb_VN8

https://qz.com/1304547/trump-stopping-w ... tins-idea/

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/06/report ... ome-putin/

I think Jim is confusing "guts" with the more deurogatory term for feces. Trump is certainly full of the latter.

Jim wrote:For months, Trump has had the 7th (or is it the 8th, not that it matters) Fleet parked between NK and Japan with enough stuff to blow the little monster all the way to Mars.


Yeah, it matters. If you don't have the facts, and you can't remember the fleet numbers, you're information is just the jumble that pops off the top of your head, and is meaningless. The 8th fleet no longer exists. It is now part of the Fleet Forces Command in the Atlantic. The 7th has been parked between Japan and North Korea since 1950. It is one of the key pieces of US military strength defending South Korea, and a major participant in the war games, and Trump just told North Korea, Russia and China that he doesn't have the will or the backbone to use it anymore because it costs too much.
Sandy
 
Posts: 8661
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:10 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Just One More Reason Trump Must Be Impeached

Postby Jim » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:56 pm

Sandy wrote:
Jim wrote:
Jim wrote:For months, Trump has had the 7th (or is it the 8th, not that it matters) Fleet parked between NK and Japan with enough stuff to blow the little monster all the way to Mars.


Yeah, it matters. If you don't have the facts, and you can't remember the fleet numbers, you're information is just the jumble that pops off the top of your head, and is meaningless. The 8th fleet no longer exists. It is now part of the Fleet Forces Command in the Atlantic. The 7th has been parked between Japan and North Korea since 1950. It is one of the key pieces of US military strength defending South Korea, and a major participant in the war games, and Trump just told North Korea, Russia and China that he doesn't have the will or the backbone to use it anymore because it costs too much.


Not the whole 7th Fleet, of course. Go here to see what the 7th does and where: http://www.c7f.navy.mil/Portals/8/documents/7thFleetTwoPagerFactsheet.pdf?ver=2016-01-27-061248-087. So you want Trump (unfortunately lacking backbone) to put the Big Seventh in action and blow NK off the map, huh! That IS weird, even for a Maddox/Matthews fan. He tried that with Libya and it took seven whole months to track down Qaddafi (75,000 troops) and get him properly dispatched. It would cost a lot to blow the little monster away, but money would be saved down the road, so give prexy a break. And keep your powder dry, of course. You have enlightened me, however, since I thought guts and feces are the same thing. I admit to being physiology-challenged but toilet-tissue is meant to handle both...in a way, so kudos to you for being so biologically-capable and free with your knowledge.
Jim
 
Posts: 3738
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:44 pm
Location: Lexington, Ky.

Re: Just One More Reason Trump Must Be Impeached

Postby Jim » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:30 pm

Haruo wrote:Welcome back, Jim.


Thanks. I've spent weeks in the hospital lately – even got to stay on life-support for a few days once and, though I don't remember much, am sure I enjoyed being in the arms of Morpheus. Account a physician's mistake, I got so bad once (actually twice altogether) that the EMTs had to transport me but the correction meant another slicing, splicing and being stapled together again. I was amazed, however, in finding the food at Central Baptist to be on a par with that of a good restaurant. Of course, I contracted C-Diff in the bloody bucket (old Navy term) and that occasioned deep misery whilst requiring 24-hour nurses to keep me under watch lest I contaminate the world. I heard a sermon on TV yesterday concerning in part the evil demons that still populate the world (and reside in people) and I'm sure some of the brothers here consider me among their crowd. Actually, I believe they have bullied me this time but I refuse to curse God and die, like Lot's wife suggested. My poor wife is just the opposite and insists that I watch my language and stay put.
Jim
 
Posts: 3738
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:44 pm
Location: Lexington, Ky.

Re: Just One More Reason Trump Must Be Impeached

Postby Sandy » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:45 pm

Sandy wrote:Yeah, it matters. If you don't have the facts, and you can't remember the fleet numbers, you're information is just the jumble that pops off the top of your head, and is meaningless. The 8th fleet no longer exists. It is now part of the Fleet Forces Command in the Atlantic. The 7th has been parked between Japan and North Korea since 1950. It is one of the key pieces of US military strength defending South Korea, and a major participant in the war games, and Trump just told North Korea, Russia and China that he doesn't have the will or the backbone to use it anymore because it costs too much.


Jim wrote:Not the whole 7th Fleet, of course. Go here to see what the 7th does and where: http://www.c7f.navy.mil/Portals/8/documents/7thFleetTwoPagerFactsheet.pdf?ver=2016-01-27-061248-087. So you want Trump (unfortunately lacking backbone) to put the Big Seventh in action and blow NK off the map, huh! That IS weird, even for a Maddox/Matthews fan. He tried that with Libya and it took seven whole months to track down Qaddafi (75,000 troops) and get him properly dispatched. It would cost a lot to blow the little monster away, but money would be saved down the road, so give prexy a break. And keep your powder dry, of course. You have enlightened me, however, since I thought guts and feces are the same thing. I admit to being physiology-challenged but toilet-tissue is meant to handle both...in a way, so kudos to you for being so biologically-capable and free with your knowledge.


Glad to see you learned something, and found facts that I already pointed out to you. The 7th fleet has been a piece of artillery aimed at North Korea since 1950. Seems pointless, now though, or as Trump says, "it costs a tremendous amount of money" since he is big buds with Kim Jong Un, and Putin talked him out of using the 7th, or any other military force, in conjunction with South Korea. You can rant all you want about Obama and Libya, Quaddafi was threatening US allied in the area, and Obama did have the guts to take him out, doing something that conservative Republicans had been lip flapping and screeching about for years. Trump is a wimp by comparison
Sandy
 
Posts: 8661
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:10 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Just One More Reason Trump Must Be Impeached

Postby Sandy » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:54 pm

Jim wrote:
Haruo wrote:Welcome back, Jim.


Thanks. I've spent weeks in the hospital lately – even got to stay on life-support for a few days once and, though I don't remember much, am sure I enjoyed being in the arms of Morpheus. Account a physician's mistake, I got so bad once (actually twice altogether) that the EMTs had to transport me but the correction meant another slicing, splicing and being stapled together again. I was amazed, however, in finding the food at Central Baptist to be on a par with that of a good restaurant. Of course, I contracted C-Diff in the bloody bucket (old Navy term) and that occasioned deep misery whilst requiring 24-hour nurses to keep me under watch lest I contaminate the world. I heard a sermon on TV yesterday concerning in part the evil demons that still populate the world (and reside in people) and I'm sure some of the brothers here consider me among their crowd. Actually, I believe they have bullied me this time but I refuse to curse God and die, like Lot's wife suggested. My poor wife is just the opposite and insists that I watch my language and stay put.



Demon possessed? Nah. Stubborn and aggravating, yep, I'll go along with that. And I echo the "welcome back." It takes on a whole new meaning after your ordeal.
Sandy
 
Posts: 8661
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:10 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Just One More Reason Trump Must Be Impeached

Postby Dave Roberts » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:37 am

Jim wrote:
Haruo wrote:Welcome back, Jim.


Thanks. I've spent weeks in the hospital lately – even got to stay on life-support for a few days once and, though I don't remember much, am sure I enjoyed being in the arms of Morpheus. Account a physician's mistake, I got so bad once (actually twice altogether) that the EMTs had to transport me but the correction meant another slicing, splicing and being stapled together again. I was amazed, however, in finding the food at Central Baptist to be on a par with that of a good restaurant. Of course, I contracted C-Diff in the bloody bucket (old Navy term) and that occasioned deep misery whilst requiring 24-hour nurses to keep me under watch lest I contaminate the world. I heard a sermon on TV yesterday concerning in part the evil demons that still populate the world (and reside in people) and I'm sure some of the brothers here consider me among their crowd. Actually, I believe they have bullied me this time but I refuse to curse God and die, like Lot's wife suggested. My poor wife is just the opposite and insists that I watch my language and stay put.


Jim, I am sorry you have been through all this. Glad you are back home and past the crisis. Hope your health is regaining some of its vigor. Think it was Job's wife. I once heard Lot's wife described as "a pillar of salt by day and a ball of fire by night." Take care of yourself.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
User avatar
Dave Roberts
Site Admin
 
Posts: 7188
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:01 pm
Location: Southside, VA

Re: Just One More Reason Trump Must Be Impeached

Postby KeithE » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:46 am

Dave Roberts wrote:
Jim wrote:
KeithE wrote:
On my trip (Norway, Sweden, Denmark) that I just returned from, the people I talked to are “aghast” (a term one lady actually used) that Americans have allowed Trump to stay in power.


Were they "aghast" ( struck with overwhelming shock or amazement; filled with sudden fright or horror, according to dictionary) when Roosevelt sent in the troops back in the 40s or Wilson did the same in 1918? These countries exist only because of those actions. Now, the U.S. prexy is making them "aghast" by attempting to stave off their destruction by the little monster in NK. People with no sense of history are always "aghast" at something...try thinking about that instead of caterwauling about getting rid of a president who has the guts (and military might) to make bad guys "aghast."


Jim, you must be buying the Right Wing fake news. Kim got everything he wanted, and we were left with nothing except photos and a document so vague that no one knows what it means. Kim got onto the world stage as an equal sitting beside Trump. He gained propaganda that he can use on his people for a generation. Trump came back looking foolish talking about how much Kim loves his country and its people, half of whom are starving while the regime lives in luxury. No one called Kim to account for the murder of his own brother or that of American Otto Warmbier. If you believe that Trump succeeded, Jim Jones has "Kool Aid" still waiting at Jonestown.


America has become (under Trump) a shadow of it's former self and those Scandanavians/Europeans on our cruise (mostly older folks) we talked to assailed (another word for you to look up Jim) Trump’s “America First” policies. Some were quite livid (others giddy about our fall). But all quite anti-Trump. By all accounts of the six people we went with there was no support for Trump among the Europeans. One in our group (not me) directly asked people what they thought about Trump.

There was a young (approx 30) Canadian who supported Trump saying they had enough problems themselves referring to Trudeau who he thought was hopelessly liberal. He proceeds to tell us that Trudeau was just voted out of power earlier that day (that would have been June 11) - obviously he did not know what he was talking about.

Trump would be more successful in curbing immigration if he helped Central America (and their autocratic leaders) with political pressure to end the drug trade/social oppression and shift DHS funding from immigration hardline (immoral) enforcement to humanitarian aid for food/infrastructure improvements, like America did with the Marshall Plan following WW II. That is what made America great. Meanwhile Trump has pushed us into the gutter of child/family mistreatment.

As for the NK Summit, I don’t know enough of the details about the outcome (or documented agreements) to declare this summit a success or not. I am hopeful that denuclearization (or increased understanding on Kim’s part of about retaliation) will result, along with better lives for the North Koreans.

There is more than enough to decry Trump on the homefront, than pushing failure of these talks (especially when it may be a step forward). Now if Trump (or Kushner) starts a resort in NK for their profit, then I have a problem (while it may help the NKeans).

I do know that we have a good chance of intercepting any nuclear ICBM coming from NK. I regret not having access to as much info on all of this than I used to have.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
http://www.weatherly.org/discoverycenter
User avatar
KeithE
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8733
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:02 pm
Location: Huntsville, AL

Re: Just One More Reason Trump Must Be Impeached

Postby Jim » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:39 am

K: America has become (under Trump) a shadow of it's former self and those Scandanavians [sic]/Europeans on our cruise (mostly older folks) we talked to assailed (another word for you to look up Jim) Trump’s “America First” policies. Some were quite livid (others giddy about our fall). But all quite anti-Trump.

**Each of those Scandinavians also thought “Denmark First” or “Norway First,” so what else is new? The fact they hate us is nothing new, but I'm sure you enjoyed observing their animus. The shadow did not begin under Trump but has progressed since the 1960s when the flower-children came of age. The U.S. is joining olde Europe in rotting within and headed south big-time but it's still top-dog in this world.

K: Trump would be more successful in curbing immigration if he helped Central America (and their autocratic leaders) with political pressure to end the drug trade/social oppression and shift DHS funding from immigration hardline (immoral) enforcement to humanitarian aid for food/infrastructure improvements, like America did with the Marshall Plan following WW II. That is what made America great. Meanwhile Trump has pushed us into the gutter of child/family mistreatment.

**Progressive/Democrat boilerplate! Political pressure on already bankrupt governments—with no plan to be otherwise—is ridiculous. Comparing Central America currently to Europe of 1945 is so “apple & oranges” as to be laughable. Money headed for that benighted area goes directly into the dictators' pockets. People will forget the alleged child/family mistreatment by November so the dems and their media sycophants will have to find some other stuff to blame Trump for in order to flip Congress. The current FBI mess Obama started is now being brought to mind. The Congressional hearings are delicious. Besides being utterly adolescent, Obama's “fix” is just plain funny to watch.

K: As for the NK Summit, I don’t know enough of the details about the outcome (or documented agreements) to declare this summit a success or not.

**Nor claims anyone else with walking-around-sense. Too early to tell, though the naysayer-know-it-all crowd has already condemned Trump but is not mentioning Nixon's overtures to China back in the day when the nukes were armed and targeted...but, of course, not fired.

K: There is more than enough to decry Trump on the homefront, than pushing failure of these talks (especially when it may be a step forward). Now if Trump (or Kushner) starts a resort in NK for their profit, then I have a problem (while it may help the Nkeans).

**Yeah, capitalism is evil. Any millionaire like you claim to be knows this—right?

K: I do know that we have a good chance of intercepting any nuclear ICBM coming from NK. I regret not having access to as much info on all of this than I used to have.

**About as much chance as the proverbial snowball in hell. I doubt if one out of five could be intercepted and destroyed. The best way to stop them is to see that they are never fired. If that means blowing up much of NK, so be it.
Jim
 
Posts: 3738
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:44 pm
Location: Lexington, Ky.

Re: Just One More Reason Trump Must Be Impeached

Postby Sandy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:05 am

Jim wrote:**Yeah, capitalism is evil. Any millionaire like you claim to be knows this—right?


I'd be OK if what Trump puts forward was actually capitalism. But the rich getting richer by setting up a system that prevents opportunity for anyone else to make money is not capitalism.

Jim wrote:**Progressive/Democrat boilerplate! Political pressure on already bankrupt governments—with no plan to be otherwise—is ridiculous. Comparing Central America currently to Europe of 1945 is so “apple & oranges” as to be laughable. Money headed for that benighted area goes directly into the dictators' pockets. People will forget the alleged child/family mistreatment by November so the dems and their media sycophants will have to find some other stuff to blame Trump for in order to flip Congress. The current FBI mess Obama started is now being brought to mind. The Congressional hearings are delicious. Besides being utterly adolescent, Obama's “fix” is just plain funny to watch.


It's good to see you have recovered, Jim. You're back to completely baseless, factless statements, though it does reflect a little bit of familiarity with the Trump approach to his base, whom he clearly treats as the most ignorant people in the world. The problems in Central America are rooted in a poverty created by United States policy and activity in the region.

If you read the report, the "FBI mess" turned out to be evaluated by the insepctor general as not being politically motivated. It certainly wasn't as far as Trump was concerned, since Comey never breathed a jot or tittle about investigating him, but gave press conferences to keep the conversation going about Clinton. And it seems that the Mueller investigation is hitting every single target, and has found plenty of people involved in assisting the Trump campaign in colluding with the Russians and several other countries. If there was nothing to it, then Trump wouldn't be risking charges of obstruction of justice to try and move heaven and earth to stop it. He's just wait for the results to exonerate him. But that ain't happenin'.

Trump is gleeful over seeing those children coming across the border with their parents separated from them. He gets that squinty eyed, pushed-out jaw look of satisfaction when he talks about it. He hates these people, and he is reveling in causing them pain. There is no plan for returing these kids. Parents are being deported, and the kids are being shoved into our foster care system. It is one of the most despicable things that has ever happened in this country and it has Trump fingerprints all over it. This shouldn't be about politics, though it will pile on even more anti-trump votes, and push even more Republicans out the door. There's plenty of evidence from a political perspective that Trump needs to be out now, but the look on his face and the tone of his words when he is reveling in the distress of these Latinos who are desperate to give their children a better life is clear evidence of the blackness and satanic evil in his character. He could stop it in the next minute, but he is enjoying watching them suffer. Plenty of people are noticing that.
Sandy
 
Posts: 8661
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:10 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Just One More Reason Trump Must Be Impeached

Postby KeithE » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:46 pm

I’ll reply to your misunderstandings in purple.

Jim wrote:K: There is more than enough to decry Trump on the homefront, than pushing failure of these talks (especially when it may be a step forward). Now if Trump (or Kushner) starts a resort in NK for their profit, then I have a problem (while it may help the Nkeans).

**Yeah, capitalism is evil. Any millionaire like you claim to be knows this—right?

K. What I have a problem with is Trump or Kushner taking advantage of their offices for personal gain. Not with capitalism (suitably constrained) which I support. Capitalism just has to be controlled at the edges when it prevents fair competition (e.g. antitrust situations, lower classes with substandard education, or when someone takes advantage of the system through political office)

K: I do know that we have a good chance of intercepting any nuclear ICBM coming from NK. I regret not having access to as much info on all of this than I used to have.

**About as much chance as the proverbial snowball in hell. I doubt if one out of five could be intercepted and destroyed. The best way to stop them is to see that they are never fired. If that means blowing up much of NK, so be it.

K: I worked in the defense against ICBMs field for 35 years. I have a far greater knowledge of the capabilities than you do. I agree that a good way to stop them is "to see that are never fired “ (but that is not always a realistic goal).

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
http://www.weatherly.org/discoverycenter
User avatar
KeithE
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8733
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:02 pm
Location: Huntsville, AL

Re: Just One More Reason Trump Must Be Impeached

Postby Jim » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:31 pm

KeithE wrote:I’ll reply to your misunderstandings in purple.

Jim wrote:K: There is more than enough to decry Trump on the homefront, than pushing failure of these talks (especially when it may be a step forward). Now if Trump (or Kushner) starts a resort in NK for their profit, then I have a problem (while it may help the Nkeans).

**Yeah, capitalism is evil. Any millionaire like you claim to be knows this—right?

K. What I have a problem with is Trump or Kushner taking advantage of their offices for personal gain. Not with capitalism (suitably constrained) which I support. Capitalism just has to be controlled at the edges when it prevents fair competition (e.g. antitrust situations, lower classes with substandard education, or when someone takes advantage of the system through political office)

K: I do know that we have a good chance of intercepting any nuclear ICBM coming from NK. I regret not having access to as much info on all of this than I used to have.

**About as much chance as the proverbial snowball in hell. I doubt if one out of five could be intercepted and destroyed. The best way to stop them is to see that they are never fired. If that means blowing up much of NK, so be it.

K: I worked in the defense against ICBMs field for 35 years. I have a far greater knowledge of the capabilities than you do. I agree that a good way to stop them is "to see that are never fired “ (but that is not always a realistic goal).


If your claim to intelligence-superiority regarding ICBMs were to be taken seriously (that 35-year brag), the country would be in incomprehensible danger. Here is just one credible site to study to see the actual facts of the matter: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-06/n ... bm/8684444. You may think you're smarter than I (and obviously everybody else) but you're dead wrong on this subject. Your "far greater knowledge" is not worth warm spit. Garbage in...garbage out. Maybe you used some of Hillary's computers.
Jim
 
Posts: 3738
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:44 pm
Location: Lexington, Ky.

Re: Just One More Reason Trump Must Be Impeached

Postby Sandy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:01 pm

I'm not sure that the Aussies (the ABC cited in Jim's reference) are up to date, or completely informed about the capabilities of US detection and interception of ICBM's, especially those produced by North Korea that have, in the data that has been gathered from their testing, not performed at a high level as the distance increases. I'm more inclined to take the word of someone like Keith, who had far more experience in this business than the Australian journalist who was just writing information he was told. I'd say the odds of Jim being right on this are less than the value of warm spit, which actually does have a very slight, and probably not measurable, value.

But of course, at least according to the alternate universe where Jim's thinking is coming from, this problem is resolved because Trump is now buddies with Kim Jong-Un, who "loves his people" and of course, looking ahead to Trump investments in a beach resort in North Korea (and probably a hefty personal bribe to get it going) isn't going to launch ICMB's at the US for fear of angering his cash cow. After all this was one of those "deals" that Trump bragged about being able to do, giving away all of the advantages and getting nothing in return. He just did it in China a week before. So we are safe.

Hey, Jim. How about letting me be your broker for your investments in Trump's North Korea resort? Just send me your check today and I'll see that he gets it.
Sandy
 
Posts: 8661
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:10 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Just One More Reason Trump Must Be Impeached

Postby William Thornton » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:31 pm

Jim's preference for ABC over a dude who is a first hand expert, classified knowledge and all that, is noted. A new beginning of confidence in MSM?
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog, SBC Plodder
User avatar
William Thornton
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11986
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Atlanta

Re: Just One More Reason Trump Must Be Impeached

Postby Jim » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:08 pm

Trump has no corner on the knowledge of Missile capability, nor do amateur commentators in this forum (i.e., me and everyone else), although common sense is helpful when considering the analogy, a bullet fired to hit another bullet. People who actually believe that could be done—even with the latest bullet-driven technology—with any consistency or in the case of multiple simultaneous events—will hopefully never be any part of the nation's defense-system regarding missiles, never mind the type of warhead. Here are a few other sites with regard to those scientists who actually know where the facts lead:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/coul ... n-missile;
https://thediplomat.com/2017/10/trumps- ... th-korea/;
https://www.wired.com/2017/05/intercept ... ense-test/.
Jim
 
Posts: 3738
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:44 pm
Location: Lexington, Ky.

Next

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests