Leked McCain Comment

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Leked McCain Comment

Postby Dave Roberts » Tue May 15, 2018 5:49 am

The recent leaked comment from the WH about the fact that John McCain was dying troubles me. I'm not at all surprised it was said or leaked. However, rather than addressing the fact that this was an inconsiderate and inappropriate response, the WH statements have all been addressed to finding and fixing the leak. Not once has anyone said anything about the inappropriate nature of such comments. Wait, I forgot. Morality and appropriateness are not in their vocabulary.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Re: Leaked McCain Comment

Postby KeithE » Tue May 15, 2018 7:38 am

Not excusing Sadler’s comment, but some context is useful.

During a private discussion about CIA nominee Gina Haspel, aide Kelly Riddell Sadler said not to be concerned about McCain's possible 'nay' vote because "he's dying anyway."

Source: http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/05/14/kellyanne-conway-says-personnel-changes-after-mccain-comment-leaked

It is ashamed that Senators must be present to vote.

Sadler has apologized to John McCain through his daughter Meghan McCain but is not allowed to publicly apologize - against Trump's philosophy of never give an inch which he instills in his “team”.

Eliminating leaks is tantamount to curtailing the freedom of the press and certainly shows the Trump WH does not want transparency/truth.

As to the underlying issue (Haspel’s confirmation as CIA chief), I would suggest we follow John McCain’s advice

"I believe Gina Haspel is a patriot who loves our country and has devoted her professional life to its service and defense," McCain said in his statement. "However, Ms. Haspel's role in overseeing the use of torture by Americans is disturbing. Her refusal to acknowledge torture's immorality is disqualifying. I believe the Senate should exercise its duty of advice and consent and reject this nomination.”

and tell your Congressperson (today) to vote NO.
Email Your Elected Officials
Vote set for Wednesday

Haspel once was sucked into Presidential ill advised activities, and what we need now especially in the CIA chief is someone who will tell truth to power (not suck up to power as Pompeo has done).
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
http://www.weatherly.org/discoverycenter
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Tue May 15, 2018 9:47 am

KeithE wrote:It is ashamed that Senators must be present to vote.

"a shame" or "assumed"?
Haruo (呂須•春男) = ᎭᎷᎣ = Leland Bryant Ross
Repeal the language taxLearn and use Esperanto
Fremont Baptist ChurchMy hymnblog
Haruo
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Tue May 15, 2018 10:44 am

Haruo wrote:
KeithE wrote:It is ashamed that Senators must be present to vote.

"a shame" or "assumed"?

“a shame”.

I’m only an engineer.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
http://www.weatherly.org/discoverycenter
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: Leked McCain Comment

Postby Joseph Patrick » Wed May 16, 2018 9:45 am

From Gerry Milligan

Am I the only one who is sickened by the behavior of our elected officials? When asked directly if what was said concerning John McCain was inappropriate and deserved an apology several, including Mitch McConnell said yes. But later yesterday in a meeting with our bone spurred president not one had the courage to address him about it. But, all were on the same page saying that this was not the time or the place to mention it. One of you ordained men need to see about holding wedding ceremonies for the parents of many of our GOP elected officials.
Joseph Patrick

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues