[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - I’m Resigning from Being the P&PP Moderator

I’m Resigning from Being the P&PP Moderator

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

I’m Resigning from Being the P&PP Moderator

Postby KeithE » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:27 pm

My wife, my son and myself are leaving on a 2 week trip to Holy Land / Egypt tomorrow and I have several more trips / bridge tournaments planned for this year. I’ll probably be without my desk computer for a third of the year.

So is there any one else who wants to be Moderator of this tranquil forum?

Bruce Gourley is still at our house (he is finishing a game of Exploding Kittens as I write - I already “imploded”). He will leave here tomorrow morning for more travels. So he can implement any changes if you identify yourself today. What a deal!
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: I’m Resigning from Being the P&PP Moderator

Postby KeithE » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:31 pm

Update: Bruce won at Exploding Kittens.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:45 am

Sorry to see it.

In regard to your trip. A visit to the Cairo museum is one of life's great experiences. Pyramids aren't too shabby either but nothing like the museum. National Geographic has a very interesting spread on the Church of the Holy Sepulchre with a number of graphics. Haven't been there and don't have plans to go but if I did I'd use NG's maps and historical diagrams to get an understanding of the layout. Have a nice trip...
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:57 am

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:25 am

Thanks for the travel advice. We are on a tour and probably have little discretion of what we visit. But the Church of the Holy Sepulcher is one place we stop. I do not see that the Cairo Museum is planned.

I bought a National Geographic book that encapsulates many NG articles. It has been an interesting read.

Now I have to see if I can pack it since there is a 44 lb limit on luggage (due the tour bus not the airlines).
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:38 am

I'd guess that you are more of a map/diagram guy than a text guy. The NG issue for this past December has the diagrams, maps charts. Would fit in your pocket. Here's the to the story but I didn't see the diagrams online. I was always a bit confused by the traditional site of the tomb and the crucifixion both being in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.

The museum has all the Tutankhamun stuff plus the most prominent mummies. Be a shame to miss it.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:06 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:08 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:50 pm

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:55 pm

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:58 pm

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:05 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Jon Estes » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:24 am

Keith - I'll take the moderator role for this forum.
Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
Jon Estes

Postby KeithE » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:23 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:11 pm

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues